Community Forums > Movies & TV

Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker

(1/54) > >>

ThePerm:
Rian Johnson left an abysmal launching point with The Last Jedi.

How would you right the course?

I'd make Luke come back. He learned to teleport. He'll also be wearing all white like Gandalf did when Gandalf came back. Finn and Poe will do something during this movie.

Also, they should not have cut this scene from The Last Jedi

ThePerm:

nickmitch:
WOW! That was a deleted scene?!  That is frustrating considering how I've felt about, and have seen others react to, Finn's character arc.

UncleBob:
That was actually a pretty cool scene.

I want to see Poe do some serious redemption.  The guy has done pretty much nothing but screw up and get people killed.  Either get rid of him or make him something useful.

Stratos:
I have lots of thoughts about the sequel trilogy and episode 9, but really I've burned out of Star Wars in general. Disney killed the joy and wonder for me. I wasn't a huge fan of 7, it was alright, but I waited until Jan/Feb to watch it because I had no one to go with earlier. By then they 'hype' had me expecting a much better product that what we got. It wasn't horrible, but I didn't walk out the theater wowed like some others were. 8 was a hot mess, only movie ever where the whole group of us who went walked out speechless. Completely speechless. I asked how my buddy felt and he said he wasn't sure, and I concurred.

The only new film I have truly enjoyed was Rogue One.

Also, that deleted scene was good. Would have been great to keep as one of my bigger complaints was how little stuff of substance Finn was doing in the film.

I am purposely holding low expectations, and don't feel a need to go see it right away. I think BnM said it best in another thread where Marvel is this generation's Star Wars. Hopefully Lucasfilm learns some lessons from Marvel and future post-Sequel Trilogy products turn out better by actually having a bigger game plan for their product instead of just letting a director make up whatever pops into his head.

Dave Filoni is the closest thing Lucasfilm has to Kevin Feige, I'd give executive control to him as his work on Clone Wars and Rebels is some of the best stuff to come out of Star Wars in a good while.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version