Author Topic: Monster Hunter 3G Coming to United States and Europe  (Read 6383 times)

Offline Webmalfunction

• Pokémon World Report
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
Monster Hunter 3G Coming to United States and Europe
« on: February 19, 2012, 02:37:40 PM »

It appears that western 3DS owners can get their hands on the title starting later this year.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29306

Monster Hunter 3G is being localized for both Europe and the US, as reported by EDGE.

The title is releasing in Europe during the third quarter of this year, and the United States will be recieving a localization at a currently unannounced date. The announcement was made in an article featuring the title, which was originally released in Japan in December of last year.

Monster Hunter 3G is a 3DS expansion of the Wii title Monster Hunter 3 (Tri), which includes expanded gameplay as well as 3DS exclusive features.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 3G Coming to United States and Europe
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »
"Can other regions expect to trail this Japanese titan's path to success?"

Yes, albeit far behind. That is assuming Capcom does nothing to make the game more accessible and less awkward to play.

This should please the Monster Hunter fans out side of Japan. Seeing as how I have yet to sink my teeth in to Monster Hunter Tri, I doubt I'll be getting this for the 3DS.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 03:53:50 PM »
I got Monster Hunter Tri for Wii but never really played it because I didn't want to commit that much time to a game I had to be in front of my TV to play. I am really excited for this, as I'd much rather play it on a handheld, and it also gives me something else to use my Circle Pad Pro for.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »
Thank you Capcom! It's about friggen time!

I put 250+ hours into Monster Hunter Tri on Wii. Then my Wii's hard drive went crap. As much as I loved the game, I didn't want to restart in the hopes I could play this expanded version on my 3DS.

Give me a date and I'll know which day I'll be asking off of work this year.
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 07:37:06 PM »
I'll be kind of surprised if this turns out to be true, considering other remakes like Monster Hunter G and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd never left Japan. I guess it either means that they're trying to push the series more in other regions, or that MH4 is far off.

Offline LittleIrves

• Title = Ha.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Kill Screen
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 09:48:19 PM »
What J.P. said...  this type of game is vastly more appealing to me on a handheld. And the 3D seems a perfect fit for the grandiose battles.  Might make me take the plunge.  Hope it becomes a breakout hit in the west.
Contributing writer at killscreendaily.com

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 09:51:04 PM »
Would rather see MH4... but am happy to settle.  Hopefully 3G is out in North America by Q3 also. A definite buy for me when it does arrive, even if I've already seen most of the content by playing the Wii version.

Only downside: I might need to invest in a circle pad pro attachment now.
NNID: ejamer

Offline TalesOfFan

• "This is no Zaku boy, no Zaku!"
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 09:52:37 PM »
I'll be kind of surprised if this turns out to be true, considering other remakes like Monster Hunter G and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd never left Japan. I guess it either means that they're trying to push the series more in other regions, or that MH4 is far off.
Why does eveyone seem to think Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is a remake? It's not.
James Dawson
Staff Writer, Nintendo World Report

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 10:21:15 PM »
Why does eveyone seem to think Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is a remake? It's not.
Then why does it have all of the areas, monsters, and content from MHT plus new content? I don't know what to call that if not a remake. I guess "reimagining" might work but that's usually used for games that are completely different in content.

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 10:50:05 PM »
I enjoyed Monster Hunter Tri but it really was a game that I wish I could play on the go or away from the TV. Animal Crossing has become the same way for me. I've been enjoying playing my 3DS while watching TV or using my computer a lot recently. It's part of why I'm looking forward to the Wii U's new controller and being able to stream the game to it while using my TV for other things. Until a Wii U Monster Hunter appears having the 3DS version will be appreciated. I was hoping this would come to the US.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 11:00:49 PM by NeoStar9X »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 11:05:41 PM »
Only downside: I might need to invest in a circle pad pro attachment now.

Based on my time with RE: Revelations, the Circle Pad Pro is a very worthwhile investment if you own games that support it. I can't imagine playing RE without it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 09:37:41 AM »
I think that the CPP is a good investment, especially if you are getting MGS3 for 3DS since the peacewalker style controls suck. (I played Peacewalker on the PSP extensively and hated the controls).

I just hope Capcom somehow adds online in the international versions of 3G.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Ailingforale

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • The Video Game Backlog
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 04:36:50 PM »
This is all well and good since I was not in a good mood when they said originally "Japan only", but my real question now is, will it support online play and not just local, because that could still be a game breaker to me.
TheVideoGameBacklog.com

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 11:18:39 PM »
This is all well and good since I was not in a good mood when they said originally "Japan only", but my real question now is, will it support online play and not just local, because that could still be a game breaker to me.

Me a few years ago: "If MH3 comes to the states with a sub fee I won't get it.  If it's free to play I will."

*600 hours of MH3 later*

If MH3G comes to the states with online play I'll get it.  Otherwise, I won't.

.... I think anyone involved would recognize the fact that Japan and NA/EU are not the same place.  Thus, there'd be little point in even releasing the game in these territories without online play.

Question is, how comfortable am I with the idea of "starting over" in a very similar world having spent 600 hours?  We'll see...... the dual swords and the bow are very tantalizing ...

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 09:04:21 AM »
I am very, VERY excited that this game is coming to the States on 3DS.  Like others have said above me, this a type of game that I would prefer playing on a handheld as my sit down TV time is at a premium. Cannot wait to finally give this great series the chance it deserves.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline Ailingforale

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • The Video Game Backlog
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 03:27:10 PM »
I've spent quite a few hours on the tri for the Wii, but given that they've added monster and weapons and land, I would more than happily buy this for my 3DS.  I would just be more hesitant though if it didn't come with online play is all.
TheVideoGameBacklog.com

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 04:56:06 PM »
I'm guessing they're announcing 3G now so it can sell some units before they release 4 in the west as well. After all who'd buy 3G if 4 is available?

Did 3G remove the underwater combat? If not then it'll be REALLY hard to play without a CPP, even if you can do the claw.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 03:09:05 PM »
I'm guessing they're announcing 3G now so it can sell some units before they release 4 in the west as well. After all who'd buy 3G if 4 is available?

Did 3G remove the underwater combat? If not then it'll be REALLY hard to play without a CPP, even if you can do the claw.
They actually didn't remove the underwater combat since that was one of the things most fans liked and was new to the series.

Oh I guess I should comment on the story. This is great news. I am kinda waiting on conformation from Capcom on this but when I hear it I'll grab a 3DS. I have a sizable list of games I want for it now.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:10:55 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.