Author Topic: Can't redeem prepaid card.  (Read 6238 times)

Offline Dozy Boy

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Can't redeem prepaid card.
« on: April 29, 2015, 06:34:38 AM »
Not to make anybody jealous or anything, but I just got my Xenoblade X bundle today. Enjoying it up. I made my NNID and all that, but the Wii U eshop just won't accept the code for the 1000 point prepaid card that came with the bundle. I was able to add 500 yen via one of those NFC train cards, so I know my Nintendo account works generally for charging points. And I tried putting the Xenoblade X prepaid card in my old Wii console, and it worked. (Of course I backed out without confirming it and wasting the points.) The error code the Wii U system gives me is 107-3106, and there is only a smidge of information when googling that code. Some suggested waiting a while after your first eshop purchase. Why would that be?

It is a minor problem, but any help would be appreciated to the tune of exactly 1000 prepaid points.

よã‚ã—ãã­ã€‚
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:32:18 AM by Wino »
zzz...

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Can't redeem prepaid card.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 07:11:52 AM »
It's a long-shot but maybe they're doing IP region-check when you punch in prepaid card?

Microsoft does that -- not just by region but based on country.

Nintendo doesn't usually care about your real physical location but maybe they do in case of prepaid card?
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Dozy Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 09:15:24 AM »
Yes, well. Erm. I am currently living in Chiba, Japan. Went to the Yamada Denki this morning to pick my bundle up. So... Everything should be legit.
zzz...

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 02:00:07 PM »
For something like this, I think the best thing to do would be to call Nintendo's customer support. They should be able to tell you what the error code means and would have to be the ones most able to fix the situation.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 07:01:34 PM »
PM me the number. I'll see if it works on my console and report back my findings.
 ;)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 07:41:31 PM »
I didn't think that eShop cards worked on a Wii, only Wii U or 3DS. Are you sure this is an eShop card and not a Wii Points Card?

Offline Dozy Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 04:47:51 AM »
It totally works on my Wii. But it came with a WiiU, so...

The code is Y3AH ITH1 NKN0 TL0L. Let me know how it goes.
zzz...

Offline Dozy Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 05:35:50 AM »
Ah!! It did finally work. I got another email from Nintendo and it was some kind of "No, really, NOW welcome to Nintendo" kind of message. So I got approved and the digits went through fast.

So, thanks everybody. I am off to drive myself literally bananas with a DK64 perfect run.
zzz...