Author Topic: Wii U left joystick issues  (Read 3976 times)

Offline Zachy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Wii U left joystick issues
« on: April 15, 2015, 06:54:50 PM »
Hey everyone,

So recently the left joystick on my Wii U gamepad has been acting up. While the joystick itself looks fine, it reads as if I'm pushing it to the left. I've tried to recalibrate it using the AB+- trick, but that doesn't seem to do it. There has been no physical damage done and no liquid has been spilled or used on it. I'm going to contact Nintendo's customer support, but I wanted to see if anyone here has had he same issue. If so, was there a solution or will I need to send it in for repairs? Thanks for your time!

-Zach
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:31:55 AM by Wino »

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: Wii U left joystick issues
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 10:57:45 PM »
Had that issue with the N64 and GameCube, how the system would think the controller's altered analog stick position when it turned off was the standard position when it turned back on. I haven't experience it with the Wii U, but I trust Nintendo's customer service will lead you right. Hopefully it's something that can resolved without a repair.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 10:58:30 PM »
Didn't had issues with Nintendo sticks, but both of my 360 controller sticks began to "drag". You can kinda "fix" it yourself by taking them apart and adding/replacing rubber bands that hold stick in neutral position but i guess you're better off calling Nintendo.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Zachy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 02:57:12 PM »
Thanks for the replies,

Yeah, I think I'm just going to have to call customer service. I don't trust myself to take it apart. Hopefully this can be remedied without any major repairs, but we'll see. I'll keep you updated. Thanks again!

-Zach