Author Topic: Guitar Hero World Tour SD cards  (Read 6238 times)

Offline MisterE13

• Student of the NWR Forums
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Guitar Hero World Tour SD cards
« on: April 01, 2014, 01:10:29 AM »
While I was looking into getting a few songs for Guitar Hero before the service shut down, I noticed that a few of my SD cards weren't registering with GH:WT. It would tell me that "The device inserted in the SD Card Slot cannot be used". I've been able to properly load channels off them and they all worked fine with other games (including my copy of GH5 which I later found). I even tried formatting them several times. Really curious if anyone knows why all this would happen.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:26:26 AM by Wino »

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: Guitar Hero World Tour SD cards
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 01:30:30 AM »
Is it an SDHC card? I did some research and found this topic on Gamespot, as well as the Nintendo tech forums.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/nintendo-discussion-1000001/guitar-hero-world-tour-sd-cardsystem-help-26860485/

http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/1659

Do any of these assist you with your issue?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline MisterE13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 02:04:42 PM »
Ah OK, if I'm understanding that first link correctly, World Tour doesn't work with anything past 2 gigs? That would explain a lot. Good thing I found 5 then :D. Thanks for finding those, Phil.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 11:10:58 PM »
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the DLC for all Guitar Hero games on every system has already been delisted as of March 31st. You can re-download anything you've previously purchased, but you cannot buy more DLC.

Offline MisterE13

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 12:25:56 PM »
While I was looking into getting a few songs for Guitar Hero before the service shut down.
Thanks Mop, but that's what got me looking into it in the first place. I was able to find my GH5 and get the songs I wanted onto the SD card through that game. I was really just curious about why it worked with 5 and not WT.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 06:53:38 PM »
Ah, I see. The wording sounded like something you were going to do rather than something you had already done.

Offline MisterE13

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 07:32:36 PM »
No worries, thanks for the concern

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 06:12:23 PM »
Ah OK, if I'm understanding that first link correctly, World Tour doesn't work with anything past 2 gigs? That would explain a lot. Good thing I found 5 then :D . Thanks for finding those, Phil.

I know it's been over a week now, but no problem! I like to help if/when I can, which isn't too often!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)