Author Topic: art academy ds  (Read 1553 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
art academy ds
« on: September 21, 2009, 10:29:19 PM »
For some reason no one is (maybe not no one but to make this point I am saying no one). No review on the main page, I don't see any topics for it here. Art Academy is awesome. You know how we all talked up how cool Flipnote is well, so is this. So you have to actually pay for this one. Alright I get that. But compared to many art classes out there and that I have taken, this is damn cheap. It is a really great application. It expresses itself so wonderfully (yea I said wonderfully). Great atmospheric sound. Almost a zen like tutorial. It doesn't feel like its talking down to me but, its also really easy to understand and follow. The teacher... he is a cool old wise dude. Kind of like a wizard.

I love the presentation. Reminds me of the great art places were towns are chilled and everyone seems calm. Like an old little town with cottages. This is so much better for me then the typical classrooms. It has allowed me to open up in a way that feels personal, and connectted to the instruction.

I just kind of started too. Just got down with the lesson about colors and paint. This is a great tool, and lessons learned will be applied in the real world with real materials. It feels that good. I think Nintendo should be applauded again for giving gamers such a great tool. This is a great way to understand art and to open up your own unique personal expression. Let's show this some love so we can continue to get programs that don't insulate the intelligence, and actually help us become better at something real and good.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: art academy ds
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 05:08:05 PM »
I might check it out. There are alot of good DSiWare games that get no mention on the site. I find my investment in a DSi was a good decision.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline nhaines

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: art academy ds
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 09:16:21 PM »
I reviewed the game just three posts down from this post last week.

I'm glad you wrote your review because mine focuses on the lessons and yours focuses on thr presentation, ehich was really charming.

I linked to my artwork in my post, too: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=29397.0