Poll

What will be the next movie in the rotation?

The Craft
Stitches
The Babadook
Zombeaver
Spawn
Yoga Hosers
Tucker & Dale vs Evil
The Punisher (2004)
Sharknado
Sausage Party

Author Topic: MYSTERY FUNHOUSE THEATER!!! *31 Days* Halloween Movie Marathon! *31 Movies*  (Read 324583 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: MYSTERY FUNHOUSE THEATER!!! Now Playing: Labyrinth
« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2010, 11:20:55 PM »
I'm gonna add A Nightmare on Elm Street to either the next round of voting or the one after that.

Believe it or not, but I'm 2/3 of the way through Nightmare on Elm Street right now.  Never seen it before.  It's not bad.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2010, 11:26:09 PM »
Nightmare on Elm Street is a good movie, but 2-Freddy's Dead are all MFT-able . Wes Cravens New Nightmare is really good too.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 04, 2010, 02:43:17 AM »
It's funny you should mention Nightmare on Elm Street, because I already went out and acquired it some time ago because I'd never seen it (along with the two Predator movies, which I also acquired at the time).  Never did get around to watching it, though.  My tolerance for Live Action movies from the 70s and 80s is extremely low, as they just tend to move so damn slow with little (if any) forward momentum...especially stuff from the 70s.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2010, 02:45:04 AM »
Like "most" horror series the first one is passable at least. Then the third or second generation directors run out of material, and MO of the villain gets somewhat predictable.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 04, 2010, 02:45:41 AM »
Predator is the **** and the second one... isn't as good but it wasn't that bad either.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 04, 2010, 03:03:48 AM »
apparently, for Predators Robert Rodriguez wrote the screenplay way back right before Predator 2 was coming out. So, its just as much of a direct sequel as the 2nd one, and has nothing to do with the AVP movies. I never watched an entire AVP movie, but i had AVP for Atari Jaguar.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2010, 04:59:05 AM »
So i can't get the streaming site to work for Labyinth and i dont have netflix, but i'll try to participate:

-I haven't seen the movie since i was like 5 or maybe even younger, but for some reason I feel like i remember the main character being pretty hot. I bet once i can watch it again, i'll be way off.

-I didn't know who the **** Bowie was back than, so I didn't have the respect I do for him now obviously. But still.. seriously Dave? Magic Dance!? Even back then i was embarrassed to watch that scene.. *shudders*

-Yo, that little caterpillar thingy that kept switching the tiles she drew chalk on was a dick! i hated that lil fucker.

-That talking door is a retard, i remember that.

-Doesn't she fall for a reeeally long time after that? that scene is pretty disturbing.. to this day those hands creep me out. Imagine falling down a dark shaft and hands just start reaching out at you from the dark.. then they pantamime! WTF? thats just overthe top creepy.

-what was the climax of the movie? for some reason i can't remember it. Does she like fight and kill Bowie or something?? Obviously she gets her baby brother back (who by the way, in my head, i'm picturing as baby Oscar from Ghostbusters II haha)

February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 04, 2010, 02:08:58 PM »
My tolerance for Live Action movies from the 70s and 80s is extremely low, as they just tend to move so damn slow with little (if any) forward momentum

Speaking of forward momentum, the two girls in Nightmare on Elm Street have the best runs since Shelley Duvall in The Shining.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2010, 01:35:14 PM »
Ok. I just fired up Labyrinth in the background.

Can't play it on this laptop (it knows it's being replaced and is purposely being uncooperative ever since I ordered all the parts) so there will be no pic parade this time.
laptop working again. had to kill firefox and do some other system cleaning.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Poor Marlin, someone needs to cut that poor dogs hair.  reminds me of those Bieber-like kids with their hair all in their face and constantly flipping their hair to get it out of their face.

7m
Lol, I think my sister had almost the same identical bed that the parents in this movie do.

7:14
Where exactly are these guys hiding again?

and are they always watching her? cause that's kinda creepy.

8m
I don't care what anyone says, but Jennifer Connely was pretty damn cute with her pirate cap on while looking in the mirror.

12m
If The Goblin King was so intent on keeping the children, he could have made a killing on an instant, last-minute door-to-door babysitting service. He could just show up to have you sign the payment contract and then disappear again. Instant Billion $$ World Wide business.

12:58
OMG, do you know how long I've been trying to do that crystal ball trick with any ball I can find? Softball, basketball, volleyball, etc etc. I could kinda do it with a Basketball at one point, but not like David Bowie was handling that Crystal Ball.

I wonder if anybody can actually do that in real life.

14:15
Someone please take this pic out of context and tell me what the first thing that comes to mind is

14:42
That maze looks so easy. First I would just jump on the top of the outer wall and just stay up there all the way till the castle. Any other way just looks crazy.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 03:07:58 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 08, 2010, 03:14:08 PM »
TINKERBELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18:10
"Thanks for nothing Hogwart"
(Do I see some inspiration for Harry Potter here?)

"It's Hogol"
(well, excuuuuuse me princess)

18:25
Hey Perm, can you make a GIF of this. It just looks so creepy in motion.

(damn. I should've started this movie much sooner. There is gonna be a lot to cover, but I feel the next movie will be even worse.)

24:00
Damn, everytime I watch this movie, I always forget that it's sortof a musical.

24:35
LOL, what did that little monkey call Jennifer after she marked the stone with her lipstick
"Your mother is a whore-ga-bag" or something like that. ;D

29:00
I think this is one of the new attractions at the Strip Clubs in San Francisco

They call it the AT&T, you pay $5 and you get to reach out and touch someone.
The only downside is that you never know who you're reaching out to touch.

It's the glory Hole for 2010
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 03:54:25 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 08, 2010, 04:08:37 PM »
36:40
Didn't they have a similar contraption in Total Recall?

Or am I totally recalling the wrong movie?

37:44
And speaking of the Bog of Stench....

I would imagine that where she is already doesn't smell that good, Bog of Stench can't be that much worse.
"Is that all it does is stink?"
(did you want it to do more?)

47:37

These Door Knockers are Hilarious, I bet they were modeled after the 2 Guys in the Balcony Booth Seats on The Muppet Show.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 04:49:56 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2010, 05:07:12 PM »
Yeah, the door knockers are great. Best part of the movie, in a way.

Best movie to oggle young Jennifer Connelly: John Hughes' otherwise-worthless "Career Opportunities."
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 08, 2010, 05:12:35 PM »
OH Gawd!!! These songs are "terrible" LOL

But what happens when you take a Gremlin from the Pacific Islands, mate it with a flamingo and raise it in San Francisco?

"HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOYS!!"

Now I wish he had put his hands straight up in the air so that someone could photoshop a baby Simba in his hands LOL

It's sorta hard to tear into this movie (except for the song scenes) since I actually like this movie. Someone help me out here. :D

Best movie to oggle young Jennifer Connelly: John Hughes' otherwise-worthless "Career Opportunities."

oggle I shall do
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:18:08 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 09, 2010, 01:32:04 AM »
oh hey

oh ****!!!

« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 01:33:59 AM by ThePerm »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 09, 2010, 01:49:16 AM »
55:25

Thizz Face

Definition: when you make a face like you just smelled some piss (& ****)

58:50
Who is this? Puss in boots long lost distant cousin?

Patch Eyed Pup?

1:01
You really can see some how some elements from one production gets spread across other productions with these Jim Henson projects.

The first very obvious one was the door knockers, now we have the beast creature calling out like the ancients from The Dark Crystal.

and I don't know if Jim Henson was involved with with The Neverending Story or not, but when the rock started to roll that movie and the phrase "ATREYUUU" just popped into my head.

1:02:36
There is something very odd with a dog using another dog as it's personal steed.

weird on the same level as Goofy have a Pluto as a pet.

and if I'm not mistaken, isn't that the same dog from the beginning of the movie?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 03:36:20 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 09, 2010, 02:01:09 PM »
1:12:08
This rat packing junk collecting hermit crap old lady kinda reminds me of the crazy old lady in The Dark Crystal. I'm nit sure why, but that is the first thing that came to mind.

1:16:28
Did the dog "Ambrosius" just raise up and whinney like a horse? LOL.

1:22:35
Patch-eyed Pup is cracking me up. Serious case of Little mans syndrome fueled by having too much heart with that never quit attitude. He should use some of that energy to watch where the hell he's going. LOL

1:24:45
Oh ****, If I didn't know any better I would swear that a chicken or two just got ran over by Ludus' rock friends.
I better see a disclaimer at the end that says "no people or animals were harmed during the filming of this movie"

Thinking about it, Ludus' Rock N Roll group, The RollingRocks (no relation to the beer), are pretty bad ass. I wonder how they did during filming? little people in hamster balls? cause some rocks are rolling in circles and some are just turning corners while other just barrel on straight ahead. Does anyone know?

1:28
Ahhh, the crazy staircase room, probably the most memorable scene in this movie.

what are these things called again?

It's too bad she never played Mario Galaxy, she might have just trusted that gravity would keep her attached to the floor no matter what and she could have gotten to her little brother a lot quicker and easier.

1:35:50
I do not want to know what her room is gonna smell like after this little gathering of friends...

Hope she has plenty of Febreeze and Glade Accents.

THE END
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 02:53:03 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 09, 2010, 02:59:05 PM »
Last Day to VOTE for the Next Movie in the Queue
approx. 6 hrs left.

Today starts Ghoulies II
viewable on Netflix, Hulu and probably other streaming sites too if you want me to find one for you.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 09, 2010, 03:08:21 PM »
Just FYI before someone bursts a gasket over lack of participation, but I'll be watching Labyrinth tonight.  It's been tough trying to squeeze it in between Mario Galaxy 2 and trying to catch up on my Giant Bomb Endurance runs of Deadly Premonition.   ;)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 09, 2010, 03:57:22 PM »
Cool. Looking forward to your breakdown.

But I understand the dilemma. I was trying to squeeze in some play time with SMG2 & Labyrinth, but now I also have 3 Netflix movies I need to watch b4 saturday and I just realized that I've missed Boondocks season 3, e3 is next week, studying for my Insurance Exams, Mom's b-day is today, still haven't started the final season of Lost, still need to watch the 1st episode of Burn Notice's new season, the final piece to my new computer(PSU) needs to hurry up and get here so I can ditch this POS laptop, to set up or not to set up the new Black Wii (will Nintendo accept my request?) and cleaning out my girls old computer desk since there is a new one on the way.

A lot on my mind and even more on my plate. But you gotta make time somewhere right ;)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 09, 2010, 05:25:28 PM »
man, it must be nice to have all those things to do!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 09, 2010, 05:37:06 PM »
Did I forget to mention that I have to put the computer desk together piece by piece like I did for the bedroom entertainment center. She wants to go for an all black theme in the bedroom. As you can imagine, I did not object.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Re: MYSTERY FUNHOUSE THEATER!!! Now Playing: Ghoulies II
« Reply #196 on: June 09, 2010, 06:18:36 PM »
Ghoulies II

Streaming: Ghoulies II or Google search: Ghoulies II DVDRip[Eng]1987 vu

Rated: R
Length: 90 minutes
Released: 1987
The Ghoulies are back in this sequel in which they take over a traveling carnival -- giving a park full of teenagers a night they'll never forget.
~or~
Ghoulies II picks up a short time after the first movie, a few of the little nasties stow away on an amusement park ride and bring big bucks to a dying fair. The creatures are mad after an attempt to kill them, so the creatures go on a rampage through the fairgrounds, ultimately leading to an explosive conclusion!

I hope everyone brought their own pair of Red & blue glasses....

Huh, oh this isn't in 3D, but you can always pretend it was to add some extra excitement.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 09, 2010, 07:32:26 PM »
oh so its ghoulies II and then hopefully Raptor Island?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 09, 2010, 07:55:23 PM »
In 1 hour, unless something significant happens with the vote, yes, it will be Raptor Island Next Wednesday.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 09, 2010, 09:32:19 PM »
In 1 hour, unless something significant happens with the vote, yes, it will be Raptor Island Next Wednesday.

I have to admit, this whole voting system is confusing.  We're not voting for the next movie (as in the movie we start watching as of Wednesday), but the one we start watching the following Wednsday.

Anyway, watching Labyrinth now.