Author Topic: Dark Souls To Be Remastered For Switch May 25  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Dark Souls To Be Remastered For Switch May 25
« on: January 11, 2018, 01:01:00 AM »

Or roughly 2,523 deaths from now.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/46180/dark-souls-to-be-remastered-for-switch-may-25

Another often-rumored RPG series is about to spread death on the Switch.

Bandai Namco has confirmed that a remastered version of Dark Souls will launch on May 25. Originally released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2011, the Switch version will bring the series to a portable console for the first time. According to Nintendo the Switch version will also feature an improved frame rate, and run at a higher resolution than previous releases.

The Artorias of the Abyss DLC will also be included in the remastered version.

Dark Souls Remastered will retail for $39.99.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls To Be Remastered For Switch May 25
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 06:54:20 PM »
Need Humanity

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 07:33:05 PM »
I suppose we can expect lots of remastered "New to you (Nintendo Gamers)" games in the future?

I don't mind, but if by remastered, I really hope it's not just "higher resolution" but HD assets to go with those improved frame rates, and they better throw in a little something extra like New areas, missions, characters, "items/weapons/etc." and all the DLC on top of that to draw in the "not just Nintendo Gamer" or "New to Nintendo (ex-PS/XB/PC only)" crowd too that may have already played these games.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 08:07:54 PM »
I suppose we can expect lots of remastered "New to you (Nintendo Gamers)" games in the future?

I don't mind, but if by remastered, I really hope it's not just "higher resolution" but HD assets to go with those improved frame rates, and they better throw in a little something extra like New areas, missions, characters, "items/weapons/etc." and all the DLC on top of that to draw in the "not just Nintendo Gamer" or "New to Nintendo (ex-PS/XB/PC only)" crowd too that may have already played these games.

I know this is going to sound bad coming out of me, but...

Dark Souls is such an insanely replayable game that i almost feel they don't need to touch it in that regard.  I would play this switch version to death just on the promise of Blighttown not making the game **** itself because of the infinitely respawning mosquitos and the need to give EVERY DANG ENEMY BODY ragdoll physics.

Like... where would you even PUT a new area? I love how interconnected everything is in DLC, and my problem with Artorias of the Abyss DLC is that they clearly had to sequester that off into a part of the game world that doesn't connect in any real way.

if they add anything, I want it to either be easily ignored, or something that spices up the variety of PVP builds. I'd probably say some sort of Miracle ala' Sacred Oath that lets you add a ton of extra damage to your hits based on the opponent's poise and always staggers enemies with poise, or something that punishes the abuse of Dark Woodgrain Ring and something like Gower's Ring from DS2 that soaks one back attack for you.

I also would like better matchmaking options to make it easier to find your friends' White Soapstone marks for jolly co-operation like they had in Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne. This is probably the one change that I'd like MORE than better framerate.

Seriously, Dark Souls's single player experience is one of my favorites out there. I really don't need them tacking on a bunch of **** that could potentially ruin it. The two things I mentioned above would do next to nothing to effect the PVE experience except maybe not make Faith Builds as bad because they'd have a way to mess up some of the game's burlier enemies.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 08:15:00 PM »
I know that the “new to Nintendo” philosophy strikes true here, but this is not JUST a “we wanna put something on Switch” shindig- this is a current gen remaster also being ported to Switch, and it’s reassuring to see developers considering the console in relation to the Bone and PS4.

That being said, I’m prepared to die.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 08:16:11 PM »
It's going on my list

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 09:18:29 PM »
FYI, I was speaking in general, not just specifically about this game.

But if this is something also coming out on the other systems, then great. Release parity on a Nintendo system is always more than welcome.
I've personally never played the game, but just want to avoid the late port dumping just because we, as "Nintendo gamers" probably never played them before.

I guess I should also include the late port dumps that are for the "New to Nintendo" crowd as well.
all the "no one bought it on the Wii U", or port ups from 3DS to be included in this "remastered" concern.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:14:10 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »