Author Topic: Heroes of Ruin Detailed  (Read 1555 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Heroes of Ruin Detailed
« on: June 01, 2011, 01:42:36 AM »

Square Enix and n-Space are prepping up an epic 3DS exclusive for 2012.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26463

Square Enix officially announced that they have partnered with n-Space for a new 3DS game called Heroes of Ruin, set to be released in 2012. The game was revealed by n-Space earlier this week.

In Heroes of Ruin, up to four players can participate in exploring dungeons, raiding treasures and defeating enemies, both offline and on. Players who find themselves alone during gameplay will be able to use special social networking features to locate friends and other players online.

In addition to the multiplayer mode, Heroes of Ruin will be able to use the 3DS's SpotPass feature to download new quests, items and maps.

A teaser site was also made live with the announcement, which includes the first teaser trailer.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline TurdFurgy

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of Ruin Detailed
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 03:28:44 AM »
This sounds interesting.

Offline Nik Vendiers

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 01:43:56 PM »
So maybe I missed something when I read the article, but will this be a rougelike dungeon game or dungeons like in Final Fantasy III or the like? Either way I like the sounds of it, and love to see Square Enix making new games outside of the Final Fantasy series which has been milked to death....

Offline Razorkid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 04:05:20 PM »
I'm wicked excited to hear more about this game. To have a dungeon crawler on the 3DS sounds good, but for it to be 4 player co-op online and off is huge! If it pans out well, this could be really great game to play with the community here at NWR.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline pan_cakes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 06:22:10 PM »
I hope this game will be great. I hope the online portion is good because it will give me and some old college friends a chance to possible play a gauntlet type game together again.
3DS Friend Code: 5198-2421-3949