Author Topic: Question about Wii memory cards  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
Question about Wii memory cards
« on: December 08, 2006, 08:55:37 PM »
Am I able to save game files and play them on another Wii?

For example, could I save Zelda, copy it onto an SD card, then bring that to a friend's place and continue playing my game there?
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE: Question about Wii memory cards
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 10:13:43 PM »
Yes.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 04:57:33 AM »
TYP Says yes but my personal experience is no.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 10:35:23 AM »
the only problem is, the moment you copy your zelda file to your friends Wii......it will erase his save file, so in order to do it you need to have two, so you can back-up his/her save file.  Unless of course they don't have zelda, then you have to ask yourself, why are they your friend...
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 02:14:32 PM »
You have to at least play the game once first.  Then delete the save and copy over the new save.  On my it will say "Copying Data." and then at the end it will "Data not copied." Both Nintendo Customer Service and I can't fix the problem.  I'm hoping it will be fixed in a firmware update.  Because I've had two Wiis that have had the problem.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 02:45:50 PM »
Maybe it's your card? This might be a stupid question, but the lock isn't engaged is it?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 02:59:17 PM »
I thought of that.  I know one of my card isn't compatible with the Wii at all, its a USB drive and an SD Card.  So I tried my Step-Father-In-Law's card.  Which the Wii recognized and would read pictures from and copy data to.  It wouldn't work between the Two Wiis and just copying a save from the Wiis internal memory, deleting the old one, and then copying it back to the Wii didn't work on either one of them as well.  So I got another SD card which is a San Disk, same people who make the Nintendo ones, 1 gig card.  Same deal as the other.  Will do everything but copy the data onto the internal memory.  I don't know whats up.   Though it was two different fully updated Wiis that it did not work on.  After talking to Nintendo and going all the way up through the support chain they couldn't figure it out and would note the problem.  I'm fairly sure it's software because of it being the two different Wiis.  Though if it isn't fixed by the time my warranty is about to expire I don't know what I'm going to do.  I'll probably take them up on the offer for yet another new Wii but I lose my now 100+ hours of work.  

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 03:06:46 PM »
Make sure you register your Wii on nintendo.com for the extra 90 day warranty. I'm sure if it can be fixed with a software update, they'll crank it out fairly soon.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 03:56:28 PM »
Yeah I have to make sure it registered the second one correctly.