Author Topic: Meteos!  (Read 32616 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Meteos!
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2005, 02:52:19 AM »
BTW, a round of Icy ower is only one or two minutes yet people lose hours to it. When the rounds are really short you're more likely to start another one when you fail and try and try over and over again.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Meteos!
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2005, 04:29:49 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
BTW, a round of Icy ower is only one or two minutes yet people lose hours to it. When the rounds are really short you're more likely to start another one when you fail and try and try over and over again.

Yeah I definately agree with that. After playing a Tetris 250+ lines round, i don't want to play again for a long time. My hands are cramping and I'm usually frustrated with the way I died.

“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline thepoga

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2005, 05:42:07 PM »
I wish they would have added an endless mode in Meteos though which runs more slowly and doesn't accelerate until getting more points/increasing levels, ala Tetris. That way you could zone out while playing it. I played an online demo of it which does the same thing I described,(minus accelerating), and it was pretty fun and I lasted quite awhile and zoned out until I was about to die. It was hard to do it with a mouse though.

Offline Robotor

• The Robot Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2005, 06:40:11 PM »
I prefer a game being so intense that you become very very acutly aware of every action you make, and are forced to caculate manuveurs and moves in seconds.  That zoning oyt thing is fun, but I'd rather be very aware of my actions.  Meteos sounds like an "acute awerness" game, rather than the "zoning out" type, which is perfect for me.  Cannot wait.
It may be simple, but it ain't easy.

Offline thepoga

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2005, 07:20:01 PM »
u can't be "forced to caculate manuveurs and moves in seconds" in Meteos. It goes too fast. You have to react like BAM! Quick reactions! Calculating? Bah! Meteos will have none of that!

I meant to say also that it could have had BOTH types of games in it for when you're just relaxing a little bit more.

Offline Robotor

• The Robot Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2005, 08:49:56 PM »
Even better.  But if it goes so fast you cant think isnt that like going at a normal speed and zoning out?

Gah, Meteos seems to defy everything previously set down by videogames.
It may be simple, but it ain't easy.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2005, 09:18:35 PM »
Actually, you do need to make some pretty quick strategies in the third star trip, which gives you challenges you like launching 200 blocks or 30 blocks of a specific color before completing the level.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline ABlueflameA

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2005, 07:59:55 AM »
Does anyone know what (or if?) there is an MSRP for this game? MSRP: being Manufacturer's suggested retail price.  I was wondering b/c EBGames.com has it for $30.00 and Gamestop.com has it for $35.00  However, I realize that it hasn't come out yet and was wondering if anyone knew the official price.  I plan on buying it on launch day and if i can save 5 (or more) bucks, then thats (nearly) lunch or dinner for me.

-Blueflame
P.S. Buy this game.  Its good.
Yea! Ramen!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2005, 09:14:16 AM »
I'd guess that's the price they're actually selling it for.  They did the same thing for Yoshi Touch & Go--EB had it for $30 and GameStop had it for $35.  Just go with the cheaper one.

Unfortunately, both are selling Kirby CC for $35.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2005, 06:57:11 AM »
My frothing demand for this game increases.

How do you pronounce Meteos?  I've been saying Meat-EE-Oss (long O sound in Oss).
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2005, 08:11:55 AM »
Its pronounced ME- TEE- OS
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2005, 08:17:33 AM »
I've heard different sauces say "meat-ee-oes" and "meh-tee-oes" so I guess either way is fine.  I stick with the prior because it sounds like meteors, which seems to make more sense
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2005, 08:48:31 AM »
météò.s

e moderate length, o short.

Offline ABlueflameA

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2005, 05:52:28 PM »
I think its supposed to be a play off of the word "Meteor", so you figure how you pronounce "meteor" and instead of having an "r" at the end, you have an "s".

ME-TEA-OHS

-Blueflame
Yea! Ramen!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2005, 01:43:42 PM »
Holy crap. BUY THIS GAME.

Meteos is the most intense puzzle game I have ever played, multiplayer is perhaps the most intense game I've EVER played.  BUY IT I SAY.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »
Darn you Knowsnothing for saying that! (hurry up 9:00)

Offline ABlueflameA

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2005, 03:40:30 PM »
ahhhhh.....they didn't have it in stock today, my EB isn't getting it til tomorrow.  Oh well, I still have the E3 demo of meteos on my DS, I guess it can hold me over for another day.

-Blueflame
Yea! Ramen!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2005, 08:54:09 PM »
I want it ever since playing the demo.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2005, 05:47:01 PM »
I got it yesterday, it is really fun!!   and is very addictive, I have trouble putting it down.  If anyone is on the fence about it, GET IT!!!
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline ABlueflameA

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2005, 03:50:10 AM »
I've unlocked a couple of planets, got (i think) all of the items unlocked and MANY songs unlocked.  However, I have never seen any rare metals to fuse.  I'm not even entirely sure what the heck a rare metal is, or what it fuses into.  Anyone?

-Blueflame
100+ minutes into Meteos
Yea! Ramen!

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2005, 03:44:34 PM »
It took me a little while to figure this out my self.  The Rare metals are the ones that do not appear very often (EX Soul) if you get enouph meteos of each kind needed, you can fuse them to make one of these rare metals.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2005, 04:56:57 PM »
Well, since I haven't commented yet, I will: Meteos is simply brilliant. So much stuff to keep one busy, so easy to play, and so many options to spice things up. After being dissapointed to no end by Yoshi's Touch & Go, Meteos comes in to save the day. Very addictive, and hard to put down. I got the last copy at my store too, which is a good sign as they rarely ever sell out of games. Hopefully sales around the country are doing good, as this game deserves it.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2005, 07:13:43 PM »
D@MN THEM!!!!  I just got the option to unlock the planet Meteo, but I need 5000 Air, h2o, fire, and soil; 3000 Iron and zap; 2000 herb and zoo; 1000 glow and dark; and 5 Soul and Time!!!!   They're waving it in my face, TEASING ME!!!!  I'll get it though, eventually.

Offline Blackknight131

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2005, 10:27:15 PM »
For those with a Fry's Electronics in their area there is a good chance they are selling Meteos for $22.99 this Fourth of July weekend.
In fact, you could even then bring it to a Circuit City (if one is in your area) and price match for another 10% off.

Of course, failing all that, just pay full price for one of the DS' most outstanding games ^___^

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2005, 10:36:46 PM »
OMFG.  A friend came down, who has this game...and it is awesome.

His brother, the PSP owner, had Lumines.  After playing both...we have all come to the unanimous decision that Meteos is the superior game.  By far.

I must own it, now.  Multiplayer is uber golly fun.

Go! Buy! Play!

Thats what I'm gonna do.
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.