Author Topic: GBA Ambassador Games Coming Out This Week in Japan and Europe  (Read 12587 times)

Offline NintendoFanboy

• Score: -15
    • View Profile
Re: GBA Ambassador Games Coming Out This Week in Japan and Europe
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 11:46:31 AM »
Fantastic list, $8 each for GBA games = $80
 sweet!

Offline SilverQuilava

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 12:08:05 PM »
My only regret is that it's the Sacred Stones instead of just Fire Emblem for gba. "Fire Emblem" was at least a little better than Sacred Stones.

...and not one pokemon game? I know my username has quilava in it, but still, not even firered? I'm still borrowing my cousin's copy. maybe it'l be available in the future..

Offline Eyothrie

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 12:31:28 PM »
Will I have needed to play Fire Emblem to understand the story in Sacred Stones?  I never played the first one
RTR!

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 01:43:29 PM »
I really hope America gets these this week as well...

As for the list, I'm certainly stoked. Because I never was really into the portable scene that much until relatively recently, I missed out on most of these. Wario Land, Fusion, Kirby, and Minish Cap excite me the most. Fire Emblem and Mario vs. Donkey Kong are mostly-unknown quantities to me, but they seem to warrant some intrigue.

Yoshi's Island and WarioWare I've played thoroughly, though I look forward to revisiting them. Mario Kart and F-Zero, though, seem a tad like overkill... but then, I'm not a huge fan of the genre and I have MK7 filling any racing void I may have had before.

I admit I wish Zero Mission had been chosen over Fusion, and maybe something else instead of F-Zero (Advance Wars?)... Superstar Saga instead of Fire Emblem... well, we could all nitpick all day, but I think most will agree this is a high-quality lineup and pleasing news.

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 01:48:32 PM »
Will I have needed to play Fire Emblem to understand the story in Sacred Stones?  I never played the first one

Nah, the Fire Emblem games are all very standalone.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2011, 02:03:40 PM »
This list suggests someone who knows what they're doing actually made the decisions.  The NES list seemed too much like a scattershot from someone who doesn't know games (ie: Reggie, ha ha).  But this list not only is good sampling of GBA titles but it only contains one SNES-to-GBA port and it's one of the few big SNES games that is NOT on the VC!

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2011, 02:09:29 PM »
I'm so glad I don't have to flip **** about these games getting pushed back to next year. And a wonderful lineup to boot!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2011, 03:57:02 PM »
I am so excited that these games are coming out Friday in America I hope because I want to play these games

That hasn't been confirmed yet that we will get them this week.
The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap - Never played it, not a big fan of the 2D Zelda's, but I will try it.
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity - Didn't like it when I played a demo in stores
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - Never played a Fire Emblem game, will try it
Wario Land 4 - I remember hearing good things about it, glad I will get to try it now
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror - Same as WL4
Mario Kart: Super Circuit - Didn't like the demo, but it's free
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 - I loved the SNES original, would love to play this since Nintendo seems to not be interesting/able to release it on Virtual Console
Metroid Fusion - Not a bad game. Not as good as Metroid: Zero Mission, but still
WarioWare, Inc: Mega Micro Game$ - Loved the little bit I played (it was stolen from my bookbag shortly after I bought it)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong - Never played it, look forward to it
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 04:07:55 PM by TJ Spyke »
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 04:40:30 PM »
Awesome! Can not wait for these games. Great list! Never played a Fire Emblem game, looking forward to trying it out.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline LJKKJLCM9

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 05:27:26 PM »
I own 7 of these games, and have them right here within arms distance.  But being able to carry all these awesome games around without the cartridges on one system is awesome.  These are certainly some of the best games Nintendo had on their GBA.

THE JACKEL
Original series are the greatest, ie. the ones that started on NES:<BR>Metroid, Final Fantasy, Megaman, Mario, Zelda...and more!!!!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 07:34:43 PM »
I don't know if I'm in the minority here or not, but I've played all of these games. I'm still pretty excited though since I never actually beat most of them. I think I look most forward to revisiting Minish Cap, Kirby and WL4. I never really got anywhere in Minish Cap and the other I got stuck in towards the end and just never tried to beat. Fire Emblem frustrated me as I lost certain characters and couldn't get others because I lost some. A fresh play through will be really good as I wait for a FFTA3D (hint-hint, Squeenix).
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 07:45:28 PM »
Was really hoping for one of the Advance Wars or Golden Sun games. However, that is a great set of games I have only played two of those from that list so I'm still excited.
"Nothing tips like a cow."

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2011, 06:51:42 PM »
That list is baller! Can't believe they are giving up so many potential sales by offering such an awesome selection of games. There aren't a ton of GBA games missing here that I would want to buy on 3DS.

As someone who buys at least something every Thursday, I have to agree--  These GBA games represent a good chunk of my money that Nintendo won't get.  Though, the cynical part of me wonders....are the Ambassador games truly a manifestation of Nintendo's generosity, or are they giving these away because they don't plan on selling NES and GBA games on the 3DS VC?  I mean, we're 9 months in and we just got to the 2nd GBC game!  And we're barely on, what, 13 or 14 GB games? 
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2011, 08:34:52 PM »
The list is definitely better than I was expecting after the NES list. I also own only 4 out of these 10, as opposed to 9/10 of the NES ones. Though Yoshi's Island I have on the SNES, so that technically makes 3 on GBA.