Author Topic: Episode 861: Planet of the Apes - Kountry of the Kongs  (Read 576 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 861: Planet of the Apes - Kountry of the Kongs
« on: February 11, 2024, 04:35:59 PM »

Look forward to the first AAAAA Game, coming fourth quarter, 2020s.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/66228/episode-861-planet-of-the-apes-kountry-of-the-kongs

This week, I'm rushing to write the article, so buckle-up!

James starts the show by not talking about Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure, or trying to at least. He then spends the majority of his time on Captain Toad, a port of a Wii U game that he has never played. Turns out its not a great game to marathon.

Greg has some early impressions of Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown, which is seemingly on sale already. He then gives thoughts on Yooka-Laylee, a 3D platformer from early in the Switch's life, featuring the work of a number of long-time Rare developers.

Gui and Jon opted to skip New Business, leaving time for LISTENER MAIL!

It goes here.

So with our extra time we managed a total of...two. Fix the Microsoft brand in Japan (Challenge impossible!) and make a licensed Nintendo game (note, from Nintendo not of Nintendo).

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 861: Planet of the Apes - Kountry of the Kongs
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 02:36:49 AM »
RFN is an AAAA podcast

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 05:38:35 AM »
Lon Jindeman is a AAAA member
"Fear of blood tends to create fear of the flesh"

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 07:20:49 PM »
RFN is an AAAA podcast

That's why every episode costs $19m USD.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline jarodea

• A man of the world, so suave and discrete, he trips over the women piled up at his feet
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 08:49:05 AM »
Japan's bifurcated electrical system is due to Osaka and Tokyo choosing different suppliers in the late 19th Century, not due to the post-WW2 Occupation Authority.  Osaka bought from Europe causing Western Japan to build off of its 50 HZ, while Tokyo bought from America giving Eastern Japan 60 Hz.  It remains today due to the difficulty of changing electrical systems.

Offline Dozy Boy

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2024, 09:02:56 PM »
Japan's bifurcated electrical system is due to Osaka and Tokyo choosing different suppliers in the late 19th Century, not due to the post-WW2 Occupation Authority.  Osaka bought from Europe causing Western Japan to build off of its 50 HZ, while Tokyo bought from America giving Eastern Japan 60 Hz.  It remains today due to the difficulty of changing electrical systems.

Tokyo is 50Hz, Osaka is 60Hz. I live in the greater Tokyo area, and was late for work when I first moved here because my American alarm clock was running wrong.
zzz...