Author Topic: Faceball 2000 Part 3: Faceball 2024 in Milwaukee  (Read 367 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Faceball 2000 Part 3: Faceball 2024 in Milwaukee
« on: March 12, 2024, 04:26:21 PM »
Hello NWR friends!

I've posted a bit about this before, and I don't want to go into the weeds with too many details now, as there's a lot to take in *and*.... Stop Skeletons From Fighting is doing a Youtube Documentary on this entire project!  It will be amazing!

Anywhoo, why I'm posting now... it's officially official.

The first weekend in April, myself and some of the gang will be in Milwaukee for the Midwest Gaming Classic expo and we will have an exhibit set up for 16 player Faceball 2000 DX on 16 TVs via GameCubes and 16 Game Boy Players.

What is Faceball 2000 DX?  Well... long story short - the original Faceball 2000 doesn't support 16 players after-all.  It only supports 15 players!  What a rip-off, after all these years, eh?  Long story short, there's a bug in the code that prevents a 16-player game from loading.  Someone in my crew figured this out and patched it.  And then, added in a color patch that's been floating around that also takes advantage of the Game Boy Color's faster processor to speed up gameplay (but also, the original,  4-shades-of-gray version is patched as well, so that can be played too!).

It's amazing and fun and just insanity and if anyone wants to swing by and say hi, please do! :)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Faceball 2000 Part 3: Faceball 2024 in Milwaukee
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 11:48:33 PM »
Incredible.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.