Author Topic: Kirby Star Allies Brings Dream Friends in Post-Launch Updates  (Read 2840 times)

Offline NWR_Karlie

• twitter.com/JonLindemann
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile

The game will be out soon, and a few friends will be joining Kirby.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/46654/kirby-star-allies-brings-dream-friends-in-post-launch-updates

The first of the Switch games to be mentioned in the Nintendo Direct, Kirby Star Allies is coming out next week on March 16 and there is already a playable demo on the eShop.

The game can be played with one to four players and as you play through Dream Palaces the Dream Friends will be added and even King Dedede, Bandana Waddle Dee and Metanight will be available as playable characters.

In following weeks, more Dream Friends will be added in post-launch free updates. The first update on March 28 will have Rick & Kine & Coo from Kirby's Dreamland 2, Marx from Kirby Superstar, and Gooey from Kirby's Dreamland 3.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Kirby Star Allies Brings Dream Friends in Post-Launch Updates
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 11:49:48 PM »
Glad to see this game is going to have lots of content.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 12:43:29 AM »
I'm just blown away by the fact that Gooey is a playable helper again. It's great to have the team of Meta Knight, Dedede and Waddle Dee like Return to Dreamland. I always love a playable Dedede in a Kirby game so that's great. But bringing back the Animal Helpers of Rick and Coo (I never warmed up to Kine) is just also a blast of warm and fuzzy feelings to my heart. Hopefully this means Nago can show up to since Gooey is into it.

But Marx?! Man, that's a crazy choice. I've always wanted Marx to return as villain in the series but to be a helper. That's just mind-blowing to me as a Kirby fan. What next, Nightmare? Magolor? Fatty Whale? Whispy Woods? The Squeak Squad? HAL is entering a brave new world in regards to who can be Kirby's allies.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 12:57:05 AM »
But Marx?! Man, that's a crazy choice. I've always wanted Marx to return as villain in the series but to be a helper. That's just mind-blowing to me as a Kirby fan. What next, Nightmare? Magolor? Fatty Whale? Whispy Woods? The Squeak Squad? HAL is entering a brave new world in regards to who can be Kirby's allies.

It's also rather funny since in Super Star Ultra you literally destroy his soul.  I mean, it's ripped in half and he screams in agony as he dies.  Maybe that's why he's friends with Kirby now.  Kirby somehow brought him back to life and Marx knows to might as well join him so he never feels the pink monsters wrath again.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 01:07:19 AM »
So many people seem to remember the horror of Marx's soul being destroyed by Kirby in Ultra. It took an already memorable character and moment and completely upped the ante. But I still stick with the original moment in Super Star since that is the version that has been done the most thanks to all the ports of Super Star SNES over the years. There's more versions of that than Ultra.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 12:56:16 PM »
Here's hoping for Adeleine!