Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)  (Read 454906 times)

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #1600 on: June 03, 2016, 03:31:23 AM »
We can just agree to disagree, since everyone seems ready to jump at my throat just because I have a different opinion. I'll keep my nose out of the Smash thread from now on.

It's not even like that man. If you feel like I'm jumping down your throat, I'm sorry. The thing is I don't even disagree with you on the fact that Smash 4 as a competitive game might be hindered by the fact that combos aren't emphasized as much (and I think this is actually a much more interesting discussion than the one we've, unfortunately, been having so far). It just does not mean the game isn't "balanced" well in the context of the way that term is typically used. Maybe that means something different to you, but I can only interpret that in the way that I've seen the word used almost everywhere else.

The highest level of skill comes from players that utilize technically challenging characters in order to win. Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and Rosalina are examples of this. But taking away their good tools even if they're technically difficult to perform doesn't encourage high-level play.

Maybe I haven't done the best job in getting it across, but that's the point I've been trying to make this whole time. Her kill combos weren't technically difficult to perform. If the difficulty in executing her combos was high, that would be a different story. But the difficulty in performing her combos did not match the results the Bayo player got when he or she pulled them off. Ryu is a character that many players think has strong combo tools as well, but he hasn't gotten nerfed because his combos are difficult to execute. It's not that combos are made more difficult to perform simply because they're combos. They're adjusted when the difficulty in pulling them off doesn't line up with the results. A lot of Bayo's combos still exist in some form, they're just not as automatic or free now.

Anyway, I hope you do come back to the Smash thread, cuz I really thought this was just a discussion more than anything else. We don't have to agree with each other in the end, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #1601 on: October 04, 2016, 12:42:21 PM »
Was looking up dumb images for the current Mafia game that so many forum users should have been participating in but you'll just have to live with your shame. Anyways, came across this image that made me laugh and I just had to share it. Particularly for Caterkiller. Hello, old thread. It's been awhile.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.