Author Topic: Nintendo Investor: "I do not understand video games"  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Nintendo Investor: "I do not understand video games"
« on: July 03, 2014, 12:20:05 PM »
Source: http://kotaku.com/nintendo-investor-i-do-not-understand-video-games-1599625657

"I do not understand video games and I even feel angry because, at Nintendo's shareholders' meetings, the shareholders always discuss things relating to video games or such childish topics as "what the future of video games should be,"

There's even more fun quotes in the link. So what do you guys think of this? Personally my only response was a big ol' facepalm, but maybe you guys can come up with something far better than that.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Investor: "I do not understand video games"
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 12:27:58 PM »
I think in the end this is a poor expression of a frustration of the shareholder about the meeting.  He feels it should be a by the number shareholder meetings that talks about things numerically.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 12:29:31 PM »
Forgive my lack of knowledge about this sort of thing, but shouldn't he understand video games to understand the numbers behind it?

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 12:58:33 PM »
Yet another stream of clickbait diarrhea passed as journalism by kotaku. It's not even fresh.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 04:10:49 PM »
Jim Kramer says "Invest in what you know"

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 05:01:23 PM »
Forgive my lack of knowledge about this sort of thing, but shouldn't he understand video games to understand the numbers behind it?
Not necessarily.

There is a lot of investors who understand the financial side of a company but couldn't tell you in detail about there products.  Just not super relevant in the opinion poll that is the Stock Market.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 10:26:16 PM »
The problem isn't that he didn't know much on the subject; most investors aren't usually experts on everything they invest in. Voicing that ignorant anger in an investors meeting, however, is pretty stupid.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent