Author Topic: Redbox Now Offering Nintendo Switch Games  (Read 1709 times)

Offline SurfingPikachu

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Redbox Now Offering Nintendo Switch Games
« on: October 17, 2017, 07:37:24 AM »

Want to try a game without the monetary commitment?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/45650/redbox-now-offering-nintendo-switch-games

Redbox will now offer Nintendo Switch games for daily rental at select locations. Switch cartridges will match the current $3 rate of other console games.

The kiosks will stock Splatoon 2, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Pokkén Tournament DX, Lego Ninjago, NBA 2K18, Just Dance 2018 and more.

Currently gamers in Seattle WA, San Antonio TX and Portland OR will have a chance to check out these options. No announcement has been made about expanding to more cities at this time. However, given the abundance of other games in Redbox kiosks throughout the nation, these cities are probably being used as a temporary test market for Switch games.

Redbox offers rentals through automated kiosks located inside and outside buildings, such as grocery stores. The company currently operates about 40,000 kiosks across America.

Kimberly Keller - Staff Writer

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Redbox Now Offering Nintendo Switch Games
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 07:18:38 PM »
I wouldn't get my hopes up. Even with the immensely popular Wii, I never saw a Redbox kiosk have more than 2 or 3 games available.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Redbox Now Offering Nintendo Switch Games
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 09:13:51 PM »
Was Redbox as prominent as it is now back with the Wii though?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.