Author Topic: PlayStation Humble Bundle?  (Read 2578 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
PlayStation Humble Bundle?
« on: August 23, 2016, 02:27:51 PM »
Cool to see Capcom throw their hat into the Humble Bundle ring with a host of decent pack of games. (Honestly, just seeing Mega Man 9 and 10 included excites me.)

Unfortunately, it's heavily centered on PS3 content. My understanding is that PS4 isn't backwards compatible with digital content from PS3...  is that true? Definitely would limit the value of this bundle for some people, although there are enough PS3 consoles out there that I'm sure that won't be too limiting!

As someone who's only in on the portable side of PS, this is a bust for me. But thought it worth posting anyway as it could be a decent deal and I think seeing more console bundles is an interesting trend. Maybe they'll try adding some PSone Classics in a future bundle, which might be more attractive to me.
:)
NNID: ejamer

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: PlayStation Humble Bundle?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 04:41:25 PM »
I did the $1 tier for Strider! :)
I was interested in Resident Evil HD, but I'm just going to get the physical game with RE0.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 08:41:50 PM »
Kinda bummed because I just bought RE Origins Collection on PS4 for $25. Oh well :/
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 11:31:23 PM »
Yeah, that bundle is underwhelming.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 07:39:41 AM »
Yeah, that bundle is underwhelming.

I think it's a solid bundle, content-wise.

Looking at the "beat the average" package, which is currently sitting at $12, there is a ton of great gaming included. I would (and already did) pay more than that just for the two Mega Man games.

My only issue with the bundle is how it targets a small market by focusing so heavily on older games that are locked to an older console. Almost 20,000 people don't have that issue though.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 08:19:01 AM »
I think there's a lot of good games, only problem is I own the half of those that I really cared about having, so it's kinda a moot point.

And I find the discount codes lame.  Just ask for a higher pay tier to get those games included.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 09:11:35 AM »
It's worth it just for RE.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 09:42:24 AM »
And I find the discount codes lame.  Just ask for a higher pay tier to get those games included.

Agreed, but I can see why they do it. Using codes ensures that they get some known level of profit for those games - with the Bundle, people can adjust where money goes (developer, humble bundle staff, charity) however they want so there isn't meaningful price control on Capcom's side.  But I still almost never use coupons from bundles unless it's for a game I was just about to buy anyway; they normally are just ignored.

Small disappointments aside, I think it's awesome to see more console gaming bundles and think it's pretty cool of Capcom to do this.  I wish Atlus would do a bundle of games...