Author Topic: Screw it. I'm making a Smash Bros. 3DS Topic!  (Read 12721 times)

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Screw it. I'm making a Smash Bros. 3DS Topic!
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2014, 08:00:55 PM »
Smash ball hog ability OP
If you get hit and u have smash you don't drop it.
Made you look ****.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2014, 10:53:27 PM »
Unlocking the characters was perhaps too easy in this game though Melee's was too time consuming since the game doesn't really start until you unlock every character.
I guess this is getting off-topic but I'm curious what you mean by this.
The ability to pick any character you want and play against any character goes a long way in developing strategies and improving your skills. It took me a little over a day to unlock the last character in the 3DS game while it would have taken weeks under Melee's stricter unlocking methods. I try to put a little time into the game every day, but I don't have a lot of time.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2014, 05:18:03 PM »
I put a ton of time into the game today. I finally completed the first Challenges page which means I automatically unlocked the last stage, Flat Zone 2. As expected, I had a bunch of challenges on page two already completed upon unlocking that page. I unlocked page three as well. I think I have 84 of the 105 challenges completed. I'm trying to complete them without using any Golden Hammers. Many of the challenges left involve custom characters and creating Miis which I'll get to sometime. I'm not terrible interested. It's going to take forever to get all the custom moves, outfits, and such. I have a ton of trophies to obtain as well. I have a little over 200 of the 600+. Beh.

I have one more Target Smash challenge to do (as far as I know). It's "Play Target Smash With Every Character" or something. It's more time consuming than anything. If anyone wants a foolproof way to get a perfect on Target Smash:

1. Choose Villager.
2. Perform a dash attack.
3. Perform regular attacks until 25%.
4. When the timer changes from five to four, perform an uncharged forward Smash attack.

I can't take credit for that. Thanks, internet.

I spent a lot of time in Multi-Man Mode today and I don't think I earned any coins. Boo/hiss. On the bright side, many of the Multi-Man Mode Challenges can be completed jumping up in the air with Yoshi and performing his butt-stomp (Down+Special). I was able to complete many of them with Lucina, or Lady Fire Emblem as a friend of mine calls her.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2014, 01:30:37 AM »
I spent a lot of time in Multi-Man Mode today and I don't think I earned any coins. Boo/hiss. On the bright side, many of the Multi-Man Mode Challenges can be completed jumping up in the air with Yoshi and performing his butt-stomp (Down+Special). I was able to complete many of them with Lucina, or Lady Fire Emblem as a friend of mine calls her.

I found Sonic to be amazing for Multi-Man challenges in this game.  I just stand on the side of the stage and when several Mii's get on the bottom I do his Forward Special across the stage which instantly KO's all of them.  It also helps that Sonic's Forward Special can jump so if someone is also standing on the  platform at the other end, I can jump into them as well.  Doing this made the 200 KO's in endless challenge pretty easy.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 09:29:37 AM »
So for the first time in any Smash Bros game I've unlocked Mr.Game and Watch.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2014, 03:42:32 PM »
I put a ton of time into the game today. I finally completed the first Challenges page which means I automatically unlocked the last stage, Flat Zone 2. As expected, I had a bunch of challenges on page two already completed upon unlocking that page. I unlocked page three as well. I think I have 84 of the 105 challenges completed. I'm trying to complete them without using any Golden Hammers. Many of the challenges left involve custom characters and creating Miis which I'll get to sometime. I'm not terrible interested. It's going to take forever to get all the custom moves, outfits, and such. I have a ton of trophies to obtain as well. I have a little over 200 of the 600+. Beh.

I have one more Target Smash challenge to do (as far as I know). It's "Play Target Smash With Every Character" or something. It's more time consuming than anything. If anyone wants a foolproof way to get a perfect on Target Smash:

1. Choose Villager.
2. Perform a dash attack.
3. Perform regular attacks until 25%.
4. When the timer changes from five to four, perform an uncharged forward Smash attack.

I can't take credit for that. Thanks, internet.

Yeah, after spending two frustrating nights of trying to crack the 300,000 point mark and get the bomb in the right spot, I did some internet searching and found this Youtube video using the Villager as you described.

About 10 minutes later, I had a score over 617,680.

Later that night, I then checked out how to get over 3200 feet in Home Run Contest and came upon this info on IGN along with a handy video showing how to use Ganondorf to accomplish it.

Here's the link.

Took me a little while to learn how to control Ganondorf and get the pattern down but I'd say I got in about half an hour. I even got 6714.8 feet from it which was more than the video. One of the few times I actually outperformed what was shown in a video.

Target Blast and Home Run Contest are now wrapped up for me.

As for the other multi-man melee's:

10 Man Melee- I've beaten it with all characters. I was able to get under 20 seconds with a few fighters as well. My fastest time was with Pikachu. I just immediately jumped to the top middle platform and spammed the down B special and beat that contest in just over 9 seconds.

100 Man Melee - This is the one I'm still working on. I need to beat it with all characters and I've only done about 6 or so at the moment. I also need to beat it with one character in under 3 minutes. I came very close with Bowser. It was 3:04:something when I beat it with him.

3-Minute Melee - Again I spammed Pikachu's Down B attack from the top middle platform to take out 115 enemies with-in the time limit. You need to defeat 110 to beat the challenge for this mode. You don't need to beat it with every fighter so I'm done here.

Rival Smash - I played this once to unlock the challenge on the first page of playing Rival Smash for the first time. I used Kirby and again went to the top middle platform and spammed his down B move bring stone Kirby smashing down on everyone. I may have moved around and used some other hits here and there but in general, that's what I did. By the time I was finally KO'd, I had over 100 more KO's than my CPU rival. Turns out you just need to get 50 more to beat the challenge on the third challenge page. I've never gone back to this mode. It's done and complete for me.

Endless Smash - Using Kirby's Down B (Stone) move on the top middle platform again, I was agle to KO 303 Mii's and complete that challenge of 300 or more KO's in endless. You only need 200 but if you get 300, then you get a milestone message on the feat. I have not gone back upon obtaining it.

Cruel Smash - I knocked out 4 Mii's using Kirby's Down B (Stone) but attacking then running and attacking and running. I need to knock out 10 with a single character in order to get a milestone message for the feat. It is the only other thing I have to do in Multi-man smashes besides the stuff mention in 100-Man Melee. I'll probably get back to it with a customized character.

As for trophies, I am currently at 415 and I've beaten Classic with 19 fighters. I went online and got a Global Smash rating for that milestone message and I even fought a couple matches and spectated on some others. I also cracked the 200 Vs match mark as I work on getting some of those milestone messages. Maybe I should post a list of what they all are.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2014, 08:43:26 PM »
Who needs achievements? :rolleyes:
Unlocked everything already! ;D
Made you look ****.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2014, 01:08:59 PM »
Haven't had a ton of time to play, but it's nice to see there's more out there (and only three pages for the challenges :P)

I did the 10-man with all the characters, and the 20 second thing is super easy.  I think I did it with like 6 characters without really trying.

Can't wait to sink my teeth into the rest of these.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2014, 09:51:23 PM »
I'd love to play some matches with some NWR folks. If anyone is interested, my FC is in my profile and I'm just one PM away! :)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)