Author Topic: Donkey Konng Country Returns: Tropical Freeze  (Read 55085 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Donkey Konng Country Returns: Tropical Freeze
« on: June 12, 2013, 03:29:45 PM »
At E3 this year Nintendo announced a sequel to Donkey Kong Country Returns, known as Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze. The DK crew is back, collecting bananas and riding minecarts as this time they defend DK island from a new threat: Vikings.

Now many of you are thinking, what does Minnesota have to do with this? isn't Nintendo probably just using Nordic Vikings? While at first glance that would seem to be the case an examination of the title: Tropical Freeze, is what brings Minnesota into the picture.

The word freeze refers to Minnesota's notorious Winter season. this past winter alone stretched long into the year, ending with a blizzard in May, the word tropical, refers to the common joke of wanting to move to somewhere like Hawaii.

However moving to Hawaii is expensive, leading people in the state to learn to live with their fate.

Meanwhile after a sporting history that could be considered spotty at best the Vikings have decided they needed a reboot of sorts, thus they have come to DK Island to try to convince DK to join their number and become part of their new image, which would ultimately result in them being refered to as the Minnesota Gorrilas.

The Vikings then hired an elite swat team to bring them additional forces, and chose to use the attire of their nordic namesake...
the conclusion:
everytime you defeat one of these guys

You are killing a hardworking minnesotan brought here against his will,
and those penguins? They're from the zoo, and they're endangered.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Donkey Konng Country Returns: Tropical Freeze
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 11:08:16 PM »
considering the amount of thompson, stevenson, larson, christensen, hendrikson, pearson, paulson, olsen  type surnames i have in my family tree, this is kind of weird.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 11:23:44 PM »
Is this thread racist?

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 12:59:06 AM »
Is pokepal getting better or worse at this?

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 04:58:02 AM »
World of DK: Wrath of the Lich King

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 03:24:05 PM »
I was bored, and i am from minnesota so there :D

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 03:25:47 PM »
I was bored, and i am from minnesota so there :D
Nobody's actually from Minnesota, are they?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 08:15:52 PM »
Prince is.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 01:51:24 AM »
At E3 this year Nintendo announced a sequel to Donkey Kong Country Returns, known as Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze. The DK crew is back, collecting bananas and riding minecarts as this time they defend DK island from a new threat: Vikings.

Now many of you are thinking, what does Minnesota have to do with this? isn't Nintendo probably just using Nordic Vikings? While at first glance that would seem to be the case an examination of the title: Tropical Freeze, is what brings Minnesota into the picture.

The word freeze refers to Minnesota's notorious Winter season. this past winter alone stretched long into the year, ending with a blizzard in May, the word tropical, refers to the common joke of wanting to move to somewhere like Hawaii.

However moving to Hawaii is expensive, leading people in the state to learn to live with their fate.

Meanwhile after a sporting history that could be considered spotty at best the Vikings have decided they needed a reboot of sorts, thus they have come to DK Island to try to convince DK to join their number and become part of their new image, which would ultimately result in them being refered to as the Minnesota Gorrilas.

The Vikings then hired an elite swat team to bring them additional forces, and chose to use the attire of their nordic namesake...
the conclusion:
everytime you defeat one of these guys

You are killing a hardworking minnesotan brought here against his will,
and those penguins? They're from the zoo, and they're endangered.
What kind of liberal social justice loving hippie would try to say that we don't have a right to defend ourselves from invaders.... Err... what was this post about again? I feel like it was going somewhere but then it lost itself.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 08:53:42 PM »
FOR THE FORUM
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast