Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 681684 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Thread: Out for the Season (Broken Hand)
« Reply #1900 on: November 28, 2019, 09:48:40 AM »
and my Warriors won!!!!

unfortunately I ddin't get to watch it, as I was helping a friend mount a TV in his "bar room" and by the time we got it up and running.... we couldn't find the game.

Honestly, I think they started blacking them out from the local channels. LOL
but then again, he doesn't have regular cable either....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 10:00:56 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: November 28, 2019, 01:39:36 PM »
Does anyone have the clip of Steve Kerr destroying (another) clipboard last night?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: November 30, 2019, 11:52:09 AM »
Lakers get an easy win. I don’t believe James and Davis played in the fourth quarter. I expect the Lakers to lose at least two games next week, back-to-back against the Nuggets and Jazz is a tough schedule.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: November 30, 2019, 04:33:00 PM »
Lakers get an easy win. I don’t believe James and Davis played in the fourth quarter. I expect the Lakers to lose at least two games next week, back-to-back against the Nuggets and Jazz is a tough schedule.

Yeah, well...by the time we get to that game, the Jazz will be on a 3 games-in-4-nights run of the Raptors & 76ers on the road followed by that game with the Lakers, so the game against us might be easier than you expect. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jazz lost all 3 of those games, especially with how terribly the bench has been playing lately.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: November 30, 2019, 04:59:08 PM »
Warriors game last night....
if it wasn't for that 1st quarter.... we woulda won that game.

team is improving.... slightly
scoring isn't really the issue, it's the defense.
Draymond got a lot of work to do with these boys.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: November 30, 2019, 05:13:13 PM »

Yeah, well...by the time we get to that game, the Jazz will be on a 3 games-in-4-nights run of the Raptors & 76ers on the road followed by that game with the Lakers, so the game against us might be easier than you expect. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jazz lost all 3 of those games, especially with how terribly the bench has been playing lately.

Schedule woes abound.

As a Raptors fan I'm also dreading the upcoming week-and-a-half: Utah, Miami, Houston, Philly, and then Chicago before taking on LAC (on the second night of a back-to-back again). Exclude Chicago, and Utah is the "easiest" game from that lineup based solely on current standings. That's ridiculous.

The Raptors' 14-4 record so far is admirable and proof that Toronto knows how to grind... but unless Lowry and/or Ibaka get back healthy soon there are losses on the horizon.
NNID: ejamer

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: December 01, 2019, 06:54:27 PM »

Schedule woes abound.

As a Raptors fan I'm also dreading the upcoming week-and-a-half: Utah, Miami, Houston, Philly, and then Chicago before taking on LAC (on the second night of a back-to-back again). Exclude Chicago, and Utah is the "easiest" game from that lineup based solely on current standings. That's ridiculous.

The Raptors' 14-4 record so far is admirable and proof that Toronto knows how to grind... but unless Lowry and/or Ibaka get back healthy soon there are losses on the horizon.

I think you'll have a harder time with the Bulls than you are with the Jazz tonight. I gave that game up as a loss halfway through the 1st quarter.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: December 01, 2019, 07:24:12 PM »
I think you'll have a harder time with the Bulls than you are with the Jazz tonight. I gave that game up as a loss halfway through the 1st quarter.

The game isn't done, and comebacks happen... but looking at the halftime score, I'm going to suggest all Jazz fans just write this one off and don't look back.

The Raptors are an absolute grindhouse on defense, but only allowing 37 points in the first half was unexpected. Even though the Jazz have underperformed so far, they are (I think) a solid team just waiting for the pieces to all come together. Tonight just hasn't been their night. It'll get better.

Edit: Since writing the above, the third quarter has been 25-9 for Utah with about 6 minutes left. Only one team seems to have came out of the locker rooms after halftime. It's unlikely they'll be able to pull out of the hole they've dug... but I've seen stranger things happen. Jazz ARE a good team; don't believe the first half!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:34:57 PM by ejamer »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: December 02, 2019, 07:51:29 PM »
*glances at the scores*

You know...some days I hate it when I'm right.

Heads need to roll over in Jazz management for how spectacularly underwhelming this team is turning out to be.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: December 02, 2019, 09:16:44 PM »
Warriors ...

Goodness... watching the Warriors for the first time tonight against Atlanta.
My condolences to the fans. This team is really, really bad.  I know it'll end up bringing in a draft pick asset and help the youth gain experience, but this is almost unwatchable.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: December 02, 2019, 09:44:31 PM »
Hey... we won a few!!!! (I have nothing in defense of your criticism of my team right now... you are ultimately right.)

The few games where we made it "interesting" it wasn't even really because we were "Good" it was because we got lucky with rookie ball shots that happen to fall. Now if they could play that sloppy all the time and consistently have the ball go in.... well, we'd have another Steph Curry effect on our hands, where everyone just thought he was being lucky at first getting off all those quick 3's off from all over the court with almost no daylight to release most of them.

Unfortunately, that is not how this group of G-Leaguers will play out this season. Will be bad, we may win a few more. The cream of the crop will float, the rest will likely be cut in the off-season. I'd be surprised of more than 4 of the Warriors new faces (outside D-Lo, WCS, Chriss) will even be active NBA players, much less still on this team, next season, unless some dramatic improvements happen in the new year.

But high draft picks.... and returning talent next season will hopefully see us through this touch time. Your condolences are appreciated, but honestly, this is pretty damn close to what we are historically use to. :(
The major difference is, that now management won't be trying to trade off any(all/or the only) talent it develops to get more draft picks.

edit: and we still on a tight rotation (8.5 men tonight - Looney back on limited minutes), so these boys getting much needed playtime. I'm just hoping more than Paschall rise to the occasion and perform in the time of need.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 09:48:17 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1911 on: December 03, 2019, 12:31:53 AM »
Lakers had a tough start to their December games with a loss to Luka and Porzingis. A good portion of the Mavs bench and role players scored in double figures and there wasn't much from anyone else other than AD and LeBron for the Lakers.   Looking at the schedule for December they have the hardest schedule in the NBA this month after playing a relatively easy schedule in November.   Hopefully we can bounce back versus the Nuggets.

The Suns was on a 5 game losing streak before winning tonight versus the Hornets where they won 109-104 after a 12-0 run in the final few minutes of the game. Tonight was the return of Ty Jerome who was out with an injury before the season started and he did well behind Rubio at the point guard position.  Here are those final minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QbJrFiZpDY
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: December 03, 2019, 10:01:32 AM »
Losing to the Mavs isn't something the Lakers should be worried about; it's not a let-down against a sub-500 team, and no team wins every game. Luka is a legit superstar, it's hard to believe how young he is when watching him absolutely control games. The Mavs success has been one of the best stories of the year so far.

... The Suns ...

Speaking of good stories, are the Suns healthy yet? If their roster was whole and healthy, I feel like they would also be one of the happy stories. Things kind of fell apart when injuries hit, but hopefully that's just temporary?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: December 03, 2019, 10:05:48 AM »
... I'd be surprised of more than 4 of the Warriors new faces (outside D-Lo, WCS, Chriss) will even be active NBA players, much less still on this team, next season, unless some dramatic improvements happen in the new year. ...

It will be fascinating to watch how the team is rebuilt next year though.

They'll be getting back some absolute star players, healthy and rested, so your core is there.
Hopefully a couple of young faces will have shown the work ethic and improvement necessary this year to be solid bench pieces next year.
And maybe the top draft pick?  Do you even want that, or better to trade as an asset and get someone with a timeline that better matches the existing stars?

The quality of basketball next year will be night-and-day with what's being played now. Here's to bright futures!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1914 on: December 03, 2019, 10:57:35 AM »
Losing to the Mavs isn't something the Lakers should be worried about; it's not a let-down against a sub-500 team, and no team wins every game. Luka is a legit superstar, it's hard to believe how young he is when watching him absolutely control games. The Mavs success has been one of the best stories of the year so far.

... The Suns ...

Speaking of good stories, are the Suns healthy yet? If their roster was whole and healthy, I feel like they would also be one of the happy stories. Things kind of fell apart when injuries hit, but hopefully that's just temporary?
Well Ayton is still serving his 25 game suspension. He has 8 games remaining to sit out before he can play. Baynes is still hurt with a left calf strain. Cheick Diallo had an illness this past game and is currently not on this road trip.  Also Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson are playing through injuries.   So in all likelihood this is all temporary.  I think once our bigs come back(Ayton, Baynes and Diallo) we should be rolling nicely like the 7-4 start we began the season with. This last stretch of games has been hard and we tumbled down the standings but we still are the 8th seed. 1 game ahead of the 9th seed and 1 game back of the 7th seed with a 9-10 record.  Timberwolves ahead of us and the Kings and Thunder behind us.

Here is an article of the Suns hot start and how the suns because of injuries and other teams scouting and giving the Suns their all is how the Suns have their current record.  https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019/12/2/20993116/phoenix-suns-learning-the-truth-about-the-other-side-of-hard
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 11:06:19 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: December 03, 2019, 06:53:17 PM »
Anthony Davis said The Lakers don’t want to lose two in a row. They may lose two in a row. They may lose three in a row because I thought they’d lose to the Nuggets and Jazz. Maybe the Mavericks loss on Sunday was the universe balancing itself out after that win the Lakers got earlier this year that they totally should not have.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: December 03, 2019, 11:35:42 PM »
The Lakers with their first really impressive win this year, against a tough team in one of the tougher arenas. I didn’t get to watch the whole game tonight (managed the watch the last two minutes and change). I’m pegging them for a loss tomorrow night against the Jazz (though I obviously will be rooting for a Lakers win). Mike Conley is apparently ruled out due to hamstring tightness.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: December 04, 2019, 10:09:05 PM »
I want to find whoever convinced every member of the Jazz to only shoot 3 point shots or mid-range floaters and beat them within an inch of their life.  :rolleyes:

Seriously, those are the only plays the Jazz run anymore, and every team has that figured out. Quin Synder is rapidly on the path towards being fired at this rate. The Jazz have too much talent to get run out of the building by every team that comes their way these days. So much of the franchise's future was sacrificed to finally make this team a legit competitor...

I hear the Corpse of Dante Exum managed to get himself injured again, albeit possibly temporarily this time. I'm so glad we wasted 5 years on that loser.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 10:11:52 PM by broodwars »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: December 04, 2019, 11:03:17 PM »
I want to find whoever convinced every member of the Jazz to only shoot 3 point shots or mid-range floaters and beat them within an inch of their life.  :rolleyes:

I hear the Corpse of Dante Exum managed to get himself injured again, albeit possibly temporarily this time. I'm so glad we wasted 5 years on that loser.
It’s only a game, Focker.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: December 04, 2019, 11:14:34 PM »

It’s only a game, Focker.

It's only an expression, one of frustration at a collection of players & an organization that's proven satisfied with being continually mediocre for almost 20 years. Nothing frustrates me more than seeing apathy from a team that's historically known for giving it their all on the court. This team had the excuse in the past that they simply didn't have the firepower, so management tried to buy a Championship like other teams do every year. Now that they have the firepower, the passion just seems to be gone outside of a few guys.

It's frustrating, and if the Jazz continue to get blown out night after night by opponents both weak and strong, Synder's going to get the boot. And Exum is a loser. I've been mocking him since LONG before this game for his total uselessness and general propensity to shatter into a million pieces if anyone so much as looks at him. There are guys playing well on other teams right now that the Jazz cut to keep Exum, and we have nothing to show for it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 11:17:05 PM by broodwars »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: December 05, 2019, 12:13:35 AM »
It was just a joke, man.

Another cold take from me, but I’ll gladly take another Lakers win. Dwight Howard made a three pointer. That’s how wrong I was about the Lakers possibly struggling on the second game of a back-to-back.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1921 on: December 05, 2019, 01:57:11 AM »
Lakers are proving the doubters wrong saying that they would come down to earth in December.   They have the Blazers next with Melo playing pretty solid lately aside from the Clipper game where he only scored 9 points but he scored 20 versus the Kings tonight.

Bradley isn't expected back until the road trip is finished so Dame is going to have to be guarded by KCP and Caruso since Green will likely be on CJ.  I think the Lakers can win this one if they can keep down the scoring from Dame, CJ and Melo. 2 of the 3 contained. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1922 on: December 05, 2019, 11:40:01 AM »
Dwight Howard made a three pointer.

Only thing worth talking about right now. He's having fun again, which is way different from his last stint there.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1923 on: December 05, 2019, 01:49:27 PM »
Dwight Howard made a three pointer.

Only thing worth talking about right now. He's having fun again, which is way different from his last stint there.
I actually love Dwights play since the season started. He brings so much energy, rebounding and defense while being a lob threat.   That three last night was only his 7th make in his career.   I do like the redemption arc he and Melo has been going through this season.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1924 on: December 05, 2019, 11:21:33 PM »
Suns won in OT tonight after a brilliant 3rd quarter and the Pels came back.

This game involved Dario Saric falling on Ingram and Ingram going to the locker room for treatment. It was a laseration above the right eye. He would come back in the 4th. Back to back blocks. One by Oubre Jr of the chase down variety and then the Pels blocked Oubre on the other end. Booker scoring 44 points, Kaminsky scoring 20, Cam Johnson their draft pick this year scored 18 off the bench. Rubio with 13 points and 15 assists.  Bridges started early and kept the Suns in it and scored 11 points and played solid defense all game.  Oubre Jr had a stand out game with 14 points, 15 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 steals and 4 blocks.
Alexis, she/her/Miss