Author Topic: Ultimate Angler A+ Catches  (Read 4833 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Ultimate Angler A+ Catches
« on: April 11, 2016, 05:38:37 PM »
Anyone have any good tips or tricks on how to catch A+ fish in the streetpass game Ultimate Angler? Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of confusion or lack of information out there on the internet when I was searching up on this over the weekend. Thought I'd check in with the NWR community to see if I can get any firsthand experiences or knowledge on this instead. See if anyone has some personal experiences of success on this matter.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Angler A+ Catches
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 12:34:57 PM »
Git Gud

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 05:06:56 PM »
So, you're telling me you've got no clue either. Got it.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 03:34:53 PM »
I assume use the best nd largest bait? And the best fishing rod so as to catch more quickly?
Not sure I've ever caught an A+ fish now that I think about it.

And while we're at it, I am stuck on the level where you have to defend two gates in the graveyard in that zombie streetpass game. I just can't seem to do it.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 01:49:13 AM »
Not sure what I can tell you to help you out in that regard besides memorizing when and where the zombies come from and learning the pattern. I've been able to medal it all including getting the perfect guard medal which took a few tries but nothing about the level struck as particularly more difficult than others. What I find more difficult are some of the later level's combo hit requirements. Right now, I still have 6 levels that I need to finish acquiring all medals for and then I guess I'm pretty much done with that game.

As for Ultimate Angler, from what I can tell, large baits don't do anything to increase the size of the fish. It's best to just fish with every piece of bait separately. The only thing that can really help is if you can get the right skill bonus for your rod as some skills increase the chance of getting a large catch. So, now I'm basically hoping I can get lucky and randomly collect a rod that comes with such a skill attached to it. I call that bad game design when you are forced to rely luck or a random number generator to help you succeed. As it stands, I've currently got 5 A+ catches. Just have to hope I can randomly catch 5 more I suppose.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 06:54:43 PM »
Not sure what I can tell you to help you out in that regard besides memorizing when and where the zombies come from and learning the pattern. I've been able to medal it all including getting the perfect guard medal which took a few tries but nothing about the level struck as particularly more difficult than others. What I find more difficult are some of the later level's combo hit requirements. Right now, I still have 6 levels that I need to finish acquiring all medals for and then I guess I'm pretty much done with that game.

As for Ultimate Angler, from what I can tell, large baits don't do anything to increase the size of the fish. It's best to just fish with every piece of bait separately. The only thing that can really help is if you can get the right skill bonus for your rod as some skills increase the chance of getting a large catch. So, now I'm basically hoping I can get lucky and randomly collect a rod that comes with such a skill attached to it. I call that bad game design when you are forced to rely luck or a random number generator to help you succeed. As it stands, I've currently got 5 A+ catches. Just have to hope I can randomly catch 5 more I suppose.
Re zombie thing, yeah, yeah, I suck at gamezzz, ewe dont :-)

do you get something for A+ catches? Is it one of the achievements  or something?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 08:21:55 PM »
You have to get 10 A+ catches for any species to get a plaza ticket. After that, the only thing you get is in-game medals for various fishing spots. For instance, if you've caught all types of fish in a fishing spot, you'll get a bronze medal for that spot. If all the fish you've caught there are, I think, B grade or higher, you'll get a silver medal and if all fish caught there have an A+ rank, then you get a gold medal for that spot. Once you've beat the game and acquired the streetpass hat for beating all the islands, these medal requirements are added to the list of challenges for the game and will give you in-game rewards.

While part of me would like to beat the game fully like that and accomplish all challenges, I don't think it's going to happen so I might as well get my plaza tickets and get out. However, someone I've streetpassed looks like they may have done it because when going through the rankings by species, they seem to have an A+ for almost every fish. Seeing that made me wonder if I was missing something. I still need to finish catching everything because I'm missing some of the rare species which is another part of the game design I've come to dislike as well.