Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1212426 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #3575 on: June 30, 2016, 05:42:04 AM »
Netflix just greenlit a new 10 episode Lost in Space show.

I'm excited and worried.

I am actually a fan of the old series, and have seen the failed reboots that fail to understand the show.  The old show is closer to Last Man on Earth in Space than anything else.

I want it to be colorful and weird. I actually had seriously given it some thought how awesome a new Lost in Space could be if they did it right. If I were doing it, it would be retro futuristic. It would kind of look like a show made in the 60s, but it would be the refined clean look they could never achieve back then. What art looked like back then. Characterization is important. My pick to play Dr. Smith would be Topher Grace. He is really good at playing evil assholes. My picks are Greg Dillahunt or Josh Duhemel for Dr. Robinson. Casting for Will Robinson would have to be a new kid, and I don't care about the rest of the cast. 
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: July 01, 2016, 01:13:08 AM »
There were a few things I liked in the remake from the '90s. But the film got worse as it progressed. I'd love to see the series given a second chance.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: July 01, 2016, 11:20:37 AM »
Super Wreck It Ralph - March 9, 2018
http://collider.com/wreck-it-ralph-2-details-rich-moore/

It involves the internet and Mario might be in it.
Same guy involved with original and Zootopia.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: July 23, 2016, 07:54:15 PM »
Kong: Skull Island

Legion (co-produced between Fox & Marvel)

Wonder Woman

Justice League

Suicide Squad

LEGO Batman
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 08:17:14 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: July 24, 2016, 05:11:05 PM »
All those DC trailer look good to me. 

I like the apparent lighter tone in Justice League and I think the Flash and Cyborg costumes are cool.  Cyborg was different to what I was expecting but I do like the result. 

Wonder Woman trailer looks great.  Gal looks to be portraying the character well, but I still think she's too slim.  It bothers me how they seem to have really buff, burly men alongside a lingerie model shaped woman in a a similar role. But hey let's be serious, if that ends up being my biggest complaint I'll be more than happy with the movie.  But shes certainly has the perfect face for it, the accent works and she's giving a very powerful performance.

I don't really care about Suicide Squad at all to be honest.  I never did.  I'll still see it because I feel obligated to watch superhero stuff, but if it got announced as cancelled tomorrow I wouldn't give the slightest damn.  Hopefully it'll be a fun romp though.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: July 24, 2016, 08:12:00 PM »
I thought WW looked ok, much better than initial trailer impressions from BvS. Not super excited, but interested still. I think Gal looks much better now that she did when originally cast, and the action looks pretty solid, so I'm sure I'll check this out. - sold w/ reservations

Justice League.... still wait and see. Tone may be lighter, but it's still has the same grim dark appearance... but atleast there is actual humor so maybe it won't be a chore to watch the "theatrical cut" of this Snyderverse movie. It certainly looked more interesting than initial impressions from the BvS trailers, so that's good. re-building interest in an unashamedly Marvel-man means that they appear to be doing something right. - waiting for more footage, but I know I'll likely be there opening weekend.

The 1st half of this SS trailer almost lost me, much like the original SS trailer. but then the 2nd half got interesting again. Of course I'm citing all of this off of memory as I haven't watched these trailers since the moment before I posted each of them. - sold

Now Legion I thought looked pretty cool. Kinda reminded me of Fringe in some ways, but with mutants. I'll definitely check out the pilot. I really hope Marvel got something favorable out of this collaboration with Fox... but I hope it's also not dependent on the success of the 2 TV projects they were making. - sold

Kong: Skull Island also looks like a fun monster movie. and just knowing that this Kong is set to face off against that Godzilla from the previous movie in the next movie just has me interested in watching it just because... oh and Samuel L Jackson is in it, so that's always an easy way to take sometime I'm slightly interested in and push it over the line. - sold

LEGO Batman... not so sold on that one. I loved the LEGO movie, but I think Will Arnett has just practically bombed in everything he's been in (besides BoJack on Netflix  which I have yet to actually watch) outside of Arrested Development, and this isn't done by the same people as The LEGO Movie, so I need to further sold on it... but if my daughter wants to watch it, then that means I will likely be there opening night/weekend :/ - but at this moment. not sold.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3581 on: July 24, 2016, 09:56:39 PM »
Here is a thought I heard about Superman, but actually it makes more sense for Wonder Woman.

If you have Superpowers and your strength does not necessarily come from training, then you don't need burly muscles.

So, they said, they really don't need a super muscular Superman, because his power comes from absorbing the energy from the sun.

Now take that to Wonder Woman, Zeus and the Amazon Queen sculpt Diana out of clay.  We know Zeus is a womanizer, he is probably going to craft the most beautiful woman he could.  Her power does come from training, but it also comes from the gods.  She is not just a mere mortal.  So I can see her frame being explained that way.

It also helps contrast the Man's World Vs. Woman's World theme of Wonder Woman. 

Last thought, they were smart to make this a period piece.  Sexism now a days is less obvious, but also putting it during World War 1 makes it less about just sexism and more about comparing the two worlds.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: July 24, 2016, 10:39:41 PM »
It's basically what I was thinking too, that's why Gal's current size doesn't bother me, but her hire weight was probably barely able to lift an actual sword. she was Soooper Thin.

BUt have you guys seen this

apparently they screened it at ComiCon after revealing that it's actually the true sequel to Blaie Witch
(was previously known as The Woods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMEgSLetjHw)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3583 on: July 25, 2016, 12:33:05 PM »
I liked the Lego Batman trailer.  I dunno, something about it just seemed right up my alley, humor wise.

The Wonder Woman trailer was only so-so to me.  I'm more sold on the fact that her outfit has color in it.

The Justice League trailer gives me some hope.  I'll have to do some getting over of the "no one has secret identities anymore" thing most superhero movies are doing, but the Snyder films handled that really poorly already.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: July 25, 2016, 05:28:44 PM »
but I think Will Arnett has just practically bombed in everything he's been in (besides BoJack on Netflix  which I have yet to actually watch)

Watch it. He absolutely nails the lonely depression of the character if that is something you would like to see.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3585 on: July 27, 2016, 10:51:35 AM »
Do you think we can convince Warner Brothers to make a zany Plastic Man movie and try to bill it as their Deadpool?  It obviously doesn't need to be R.  more like a PG-13 The Mask type vibe.  But weirder.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3586 on: July 27, 2016, 12:16:07 PM »
You mean like the movie they should've made with The Spirit?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: July 27, 2016, 08:10:43 PM »
I think he's in the new Justice League cartoon, so if that gets tracktion, and the DCCU hasn't folded back into Batman centric theme... then I guess it's possible.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: August 20, 2016, 11:54:53 AM »
Looks like Amazon is set to revive The Tick and now the Pilot Ep has been released.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J776HVW/ref=cm_sw_su_dp?tag=viglink20241-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: August 20, 2016, 02:54:57 PM »
WHAT?!? No Patrick Warburton? Not sure if I can get behind this, but I will still give it a chance. They simply must have Bat-Manuel in some capacity.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: August 20, 2016, 04:36:06 PM »
yeah, I really wish the previous show had caught on, but I guess it was about as popular as the original cartoon was... unfortunately.

The new series will atleast have Amazon money and no limited window of air schedule->ratings to worry about.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: August 20, 2016, 04:39:33 PM »
I feel like the show was ahead of its time in some ways. In the more modern age of superhero shows and films it could have really picked up a better following.
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: August 21, 2016, 09:46:00 PM »
I saw the clip and thought to myself....is that the creepy flatmate from Shaun of the Dead? and it is. He's actually pretty terrific in everything he's in.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3593 on: August 21, 2016, 10:51:09 PM »
Finished Stranger Things, wuh that was an epic first season!
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3594 on: August 21, 2016, 10:52:44 PM »
I saw the clip and thought to myself....is that the creepy flatmate from Shaun of the Dead? and it is. He's actually pretty terrific in everything he's in.
You liked that horrible comedy shaun of the dead? My top hated comedy's are that and The World's End both extremely corny bad British movies(they said British humour was the best! >:()
Made you look ****.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: August 21, 2016, 10:58:48 PM »
You liked that horrible comedy shaun of the dead? My top hated comedy's are that and The World's End both extremely corny bad British movies(they said British humour was the best! >:()

YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3596 on: August 21, 2016, 11:00:16 PM »
I like British humour It's just my two most hated comedy's are British.
Hey my fav comedy is Monty python....
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3597 on: August 21, 2016, 11:01:09 PM »

YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH!
Name one good thing about those movies.
Made you look ****.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: August 21, 2016, 11:13:08 PM »
The line "She's so drunk."

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhW75reAPfE[/youtube]
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3599 on: August 22, 2016, 12:15:44 AM »
But the acting aghhhhhh
Made you look ****.