Author Topic: Radio Trivia: Podcast Edition - Episode 70  (Read 4337 times)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Radio Trivia: Podcast Edition - Episode 70
« on: April 03, 2010, 01:07:40 AM »
Left out in the cold during PAX East, superstar Greg Leahy joins Radio Trivia for some smashing fun.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/podcastArt.cfm?artid=22838

Download (MP3)
  Use the RSS  Feed (MP3)
   Subscribe through the iTunes Store    

This episode's games list is:

Super Castlevania IV (a.k.a Castlevania 4)
  Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Wii)
  Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
  Killer Instinct (SNES)
  Sonic Rush (DS)  

(Highlight the text above with your cursor to view it.)

Did you like the third game? Let your fellow listeners know in TalkBack! Think you've got a better choice? Then send it my way and your request might be on the next episode of Radio Trivia: Podcast Edition!  Heck, throw in a question and specific songs if you want.  Just remember, it has to be a game found on a Nintendo system in North America (unless we say otherwise)!

Credits:

This podcast was edited by Michael Cole.

Music for this episode of Radio Trivia: Podcast Edition is used with permission from Jason Ricci & New Blood. You can purchase their newest album, Done with the Devil, directly from the record label, Amazon.com, or iTunes, or call your local record store and ask for it!

All game music used during Radio Trivia is copyright their respective owners.

::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: Radio Trivia: Podcast Edition - Episode 70
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 12:22:57 AM »
I've included the game list in the podcast article itself this time; I'm a little concerned that simpler mobile browsers may not render the style properly, thereby spoiling this episode's game selection, so let me know if you guys don't like this method.
Nintendo World Report

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 06:21:24 AM »
I guessed two out of five games on this episode, those being the 2nd and 3rd games.

#3: You know, when Greg stated at the beginning that avid listeners of RFN may guess his picks based on what he has spoken about before, I instantly though that Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure would be in there and, lo & behold, there it was! I love the second song - I noticed you said it was somewhat ironic that the puzzle screen was accompanied by peppy music, but I think it is suitable if you allow the puzzle to fill itself to the brim before attending to it, which is how I played Henry Hatsworth. Thanks for talking about it for so long, by the way; it was good to relive all those tracks.  ;)
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 03:04:38 PM »
I've included the game list in the podcast article itself this time; I'm a little concerned that simpler mobile browsers may not render the style properly, thereby spoiling this episode's game selection, so let me know if you guys don't like this method.
Looks like they don't (testing with a phone emulator).  Maybe if you put them into abbr tag or used Javascript it would be better.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 03:36:40 PM »
Well I'm pretty sure spoiler tags in forum threads have had the same problem. The real question is: is this an issue? Would someone really be reading the article for a podcast on a gimped mobile browser?
Nintendo World Report

Offline adadad

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 06:59:01 PM »
The first song from the final game was very strange, am I the only one who could very distinctly make out a sped up soundalike of a melody from Pilotwings 64?

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 08:01:24 PM »
I guessed two and a half. I originally thought the first game was Rondo of Blood. I successfully guessed the next two, though.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:09:25 PM by Yoshidious »
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 10:05:45 PM »
The first song from the final game was very strange, am I the only one who could very distinctly make out a sped up soundalike of a melody from Pilotwings 64?
I thought it was one of the few songs from the game that sounded like it could have been from a Sonic Advance game , myself.

Also, is it just me, or does the soundtrack for Castlevania IV sound a bit like a Metroid game, even though it isn't Metroidvania?
Nintendo World Report

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 12:16:23 PM »
Recording Radio Trivia is an all-too-rare treat for me, and it was particularly fun to discuss these five soundtracks in detail because I'm familiar with all of them--I hope my picks were at least varied and interesting. I suppose I'll go back to guessing the games incorrectly 50-60% of the time for the next 30 episodes or so now :(
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 02:50:06 PM by Yoshidious »
Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 02:06:00 PM »
What a great episode! I liked all five picks and enjoyed the lengthy discussions.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 11:06:05 PM »
Thanks, guys. It really came together, no doubt thanks to Greg's excellent selections.
Nintendo World Report

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 11:22:23 AM »
As the biggest user of the phone browser, it doesn't bother me.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 12:44:01 PM »
Love all the NWR podcasts.  Best episode of radio trivia I've heard yet.  Thanks for the entertainment and keep up the good work.

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 11:34:40 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, apdude!
Nintendo World Report

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 03:54:16 PM »
I guessed two and a half. I originally thought the first game was Rondo of Blood. I successfully guessed the next two, though.

Same with me.  ;D

2.5 out of 5 makes this my personal best!  Then again, since I requested the third song I'm not sure that it really counts.  But since you didn't use any of my song suggestions or trivia question I'm saying it does!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 10:15:48 AM »
Always loved the music of Super Castlevania IV.  The underwater labyrinth, the staircase, and the ballroom sections of the game were always my favorites!

I've never played Henry Hatsworth , so I was surprised at the quality of the music.

Add me to the list of people who enjoyed this episode.  The discussions were interesting and fun; this show always is at its best when some of the games selected are ones that both hosts can discuss at length.   

I hope that the listenership goes back up TYP; Radio Trivia is probably my favorite podcast, just because I've always liked game music...at least most retro game music.   Please keep it up!   
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 10:17:34 AM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost