Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1211047 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2725 on: July 21, 2014, 02:41:15 PM »
I bet they are gonna CG the rock onto a kids body. Sorta like Captain America before the transformation. and this is because there are no kids out there that can do The Rock, like The Rock can do The Rock.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: July 21, 2014, 03:02:02 PM »
We shouldn't make a DC movie thread till after comic-con.

I have to say that i'm disappointed that Arrow/The Flash will be separate from the movies. I think its a bad move and marvel will have more sucess even if theyre TV projects are limited by the movies.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: July 21, 2014, 06:14:32 PM »
They confirmed this? Poor move. I wonder if CW is throwing it's weight around to keep more control and that is why they are separating DC between the movies and TV series. Would have been a great way to draw TV fans into theatres.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: July 21, 2014, 06:33:31 PM »
They confirmed it yesterday. Amell himself double confirmed it afterwards.

But maybe it will be better that way. DC can explore its option with the TV/Movie multi-verse, while Marvel continues on the all inclusive Cinematic Universe.

Now The CW can push to get Amazon back in production, move forward with their Young Justice show they were batting around, and they can continue to mine the Batman rogue gallery for Arrow w/o worrying about who or what is happening in the movies.

edit:
Oh, and we certainly shouldn't start a DC Universve thread until we know what we are making it for.
Are we making a Multi-Verse Thread? One for TV? One for Movies? and honestly there aren't enough going on in either area yet to dedicate a whole thread to it really. Definitely after CC.

I'm all for an Arrow-verse thread and an DCCU thread.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 06:40:51 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: July 21, 2014, 06:35:51 PM »
They confirmed this? Poor move. I wonder if CW is throwing it's weight around to keep more control and that is why they are separating DC between the movies and TV series. Would have been a great way to draw TV fans into theatres.

From the interviews it seems that its a decision that's coming from the top where Diane Neslon sits.

http://www.newsarama.com/21628-no-crossover-between-dc-comics-tv-and-dc-movie-series-says-chief-creative-officer.html

I do smile at the fact that were getting a DC cinematic Multiverse instead of a Normal cinematic universe. It sort of mirror's the approach they have to comics to some extent.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: July 21, 2014, 06:43:30 PM »
It's good that they attempt to do something different. They are already being called out for following in  Marvel's footsteps, so it's nice of them to throw a few dance steps in there while they are doing it.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: July 21, 2014, 06:47:22 PM »
Well whatever DC does its going to be precieved as wrong, the internet fanboys just can't stop gagging on marvel.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: July 21, 2014, 06:49:48 PM »
Well, DC could have hit it first....

no one to blame but themselves.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: July 21, 2014, 07:06:06 PM »
I'm not talking in terms of films and what not. I just think that in general comics, movies, and TV marvel tends to get the benefit of of the doubt.

Take that terrible daily beast article where the Writer praises Marvel Avengers.Now news thatcame out last week and condemns DC.  Despite the fact that DC has not only more female led books being published but more female creators on the docket at the moment. Though Marvel is doing a good job at getting more women and minority led comics in the market.

Fargo and Louie were renewed.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: July 21, 2014, 07:33:40 PM »
It might have to do with Marvel absolutely hitting it out of the park w/ few missteps along the way (animation excluded of course).

The MCU movies have all been increasingly beastly in the box office.
MCU TV had to crawl before it got up and started running. and now there is even more on the way.
The comics have been wisely pushed alongside the movies and they continue to push diversity in characters through gender/race and relatability.
TV Animation... well, EMH was doing great, but they killed that and replaced it with 2 or 3 other shows that I've heard nothing good about (Avengers, Hulk Smash & something else?), but haven't watched myself. and Ultimate Spider-man could definitely be better.
DVD Animation.... well, all that madhouse anime stuff... I'm not really sure what to say about it. I don't think Anime fits the Marvel style. I think they need to bring it in-house and let the Disney animators form a new studio just for them.

DC on the other hand
DVD Animation. 2nd to none as far as comic animation has been for quite some years now.
DC Movies... well, we have some MoS, TDK trilogy, Green Lantern, and then a bunch of other movies people probably didn't even know were DC properties, regardless of a DC logo infront* of it (Watchmen, Constantine, V for Vendetta, etc etc etc).
DC TV we got the awesome Arrow, and soon we have The Flash (on this little watched network called The CW). ontop of that we will also have Gotham, iZombie, and Constantine coming up.

As far as mass appeal to the general public, all DC has is a mediocre Superman movie, that followed a fairly bad Superman movie. A horrible Green Lantern movie and the Dark and Gritty Batman Trilogy that has nothing to do with everything else happening at WB/DC right now. They also have a dull logo that no one remembers seeing.
* Marvel has a great animated Logo that people get excited about when they see. They also remember seeing it and it makes them pay a little more attention to whatever is on screen once they recognize that comic flipping logo. DC really needs to get something a little more catchy than just putting DC up on the screen.

point being as far as MASS GENERAL POPULACE is concerned, Marvel is on FIRE. They have delivered for the most part on every "Marvel Studios" tagged release and faith and trust has been built that they will deliver on the next one.
DC has tripped and bruised their knees on GL, then studder stepped with MoS. That trust and confidence with DC building a universe has not yet been established. All that is seen is that Marvel connected a bunch of movies into a major event that broke BO records, and now DC is trying to do the same thing. Their approach has appeared to be more reactionary than inspired, so they are getting criticized a little more fiercely than they want.
Once these next 2 movies come out and prove themselves to be more than a quick attempt at copying Marvel, and an actual good use of the IP's in play, then maybe most of the more vocal haters will STFU. But they haven't earned anything yet.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: July 21, 2014, 08:26:37 PM »
Really Man of Steel is much better than Medicore, hell I liked it more than both Marvel movies form last year. (though I know i'm in the minority there.), plus the new DC logo is awesome especially how they change it depending on what its being used for.

[/size]
[/size]The MCU TV is just okay, but I blame that on agents of shield being built upon the uprising arc but given 22 episodes[size=78%][/size].
[/size]
[/size]Per the diversity thing in the comics I think they're doing okay but I rolled my eyes at last weeks announcement. 

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2736 on: July 21, 2014, 08:38:16 PM »
Warner Bros as a company has their head up their own butts. 

Everything Warner Bros does proves they view television and comics as a lower form of media.  They still have this attitude that the medias do not mix.  This is why they have such little respect for their talent in other departments.  Warner Bros had a "god" of a creator with Bruce Tim proving he understood the entire DC universe better than anyone.  He successfully made a Superman, Batman, and Justice League series.  His characters were so popular some of the characters he created for his shows were introduced into the comics.  Then, WB doesn't tap that source to make or control their narrative for their movies.  Even though they had misstep over misstep. 

Of course they don't want to "taint" the movie universe with the television universe.  Even though, the television series will get the origin stories outta the way, and allow you to just tell deeper stories.  No, they will tell the series which characters they can and can not use and hold their hands like babies. 

I am not even advocating using the same actors...just acknowledge the history of the show, and work with the television series to help the two movies blend well. 

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: July 21, 2014, 08:49:37 PM »
plus the new DC logo is awesome especially how they change it depending on what its being used for.

No.  No no no.

The new DC logo is just stupid.

Detective Comics
Detective Comics
Comics

That's what that logo reads.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: July 21, 2014, 08:57:10 PM »
Really Man of Steel is much better than Medicore, hell I liked it more than both Marvel movies form last year. (though I know i'm in the minority there.), plus the new DC logo is awesome especially how they change it depending on what its being used for.

[/size]
[/size]The MCU TV is just okay, but I blame that on agents of shield being built upon the uprising arc but given 22 episodes[size=78%][/size].
[/size]
[/size]Per the diversity thing in the comics I think they're doing okay but I rolled my eyes at last weeks announcement. 

At best, MoS is slightly better than the worst of the MCU theater offerings so far, but no where near the best. It falls somewhere near just below the middle of what's the left.

Agents of SHIELD finished strong and that's what most that watched are going remember going into what is hopefully a season that carries that ball all the way to finish line.

I personally thought Blacktain America was a great PR move, especially with the popularity The Falcon from TWS. That Disney Marketing muscle is being used very wisely by Marvel. You create speculation for the movies and tie that to people wanting to read the comics know more.
The She-Thor announcement did nothing for me, but it wasn't targeting me, and I am ok with that. The targeted audience has no idea that Thor is not a title to be passed on with the use of the hammer, but why market a new character when you can market the "same" character to a whole new audience!?

plus the new DC logo is awesome especially how they change it depending on what its being used for.

No.  No no no.

The new DC logo is just stupid.

Detective Comics
Detective Comics
Comics

That's what that logo reads.

Exactly. It's bland and forgettable. They should fix that before the next movie to tie all the DCCU movies under a logo that makes then easily identifiable to be related.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: July 21, 2014, 09:15:54 PM »
Regarding She-Thor...

"Disney owns marvel.
Marvel owns Thor.
Thor is the son of a king.
Thor is now female.
Thor is now a Disney princess."

omg

Well ain't that some ****....

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: July 21, 2014, 09:28:51 PM »
The targeted audience has no idea that Thor is not a title to be passed on with the use of the hammer, [...]

Tell that to Eric Masterson

Regarding She-Thor...

"Disney owns marvel.
Marvel owns Thor.
Thor is the son of a king.
Thor is now female.
Thor is now a Disney princess."

omg

Well ain't that some ****....
Princess Leia is a Disney Princess too. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: July 21, 2014, 09:38:27 PM »
That should make the "Disney Dinner with Princess'" @ California Adventure quite awkward.

I can just imagine all the 40yr old men looking for Dinner with Princess Leia in her famous Bikini outfit, while they fantasize playing the role of Jabba the Hut.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: July 21, 2014, 10:03:21 PM »
Y'all brahs don't know what your talking about. The new logo is pretty rad.

I like the conceptal idea of she-thor, Black Captian America, and Iron Man with a new adjective but honestly I've read enough comics and know that much about the indusrty that it won't make a change. The title will get a spike in sales and all three stories will be good (I mean its fucking Remender, Aaron, and Taylor) but right ahead of Avengers were going to get the big three back to what they were and maybe ther's chance that Sam and she-thor are propular enough to get a mini series or become an elevated charcater.

I'd rather see Marvel take what they did with Captain Marvel and Ms.Marvel which was pretty organic way to push a character. They weren't getting changed due to an event comic either.

The stories will be dope so who gives a **** right, my only issue is that using a gimmick to change charcaters rarley works out for the replacments in the long run.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: July 21, 2014, 10:16:11 PM »
Detective Comics
Detective Comics
Comics
From Detective Comics Entertainment.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2744 on: July 21, 2014, 10:23:45 PM »
It's like you're going out of your way to make yourself dislike something.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: July 21, 2014, 10:26:25 PM »

I don't remember any of the DC logo changes.
Did they have one before MoS? was it just a pic or was there animation? I simply don't remember it.

Hell I didn't even know movies like The Watchmen, V for Vendetta, or Constantine were DC movies and based on comics until long after I had watched them.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: July 21, 2014, 10:26:55 PM »
Detective Comics
Detective Comics
Comics
From Detective Comics Entertainment.

That honestly irks the **** out of me. Though it seems no every asks what the DC stand for.  Anywho talking logo's these are the best.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: July 21, 2014, 10:29:23 PM »

But he has a point. It really doesn't make sense to repeat itself so many times in just the logo.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: July 21, 2014, 10:30:52 PM »
Sorry - when I see "DC", I think "Detective Comics".  I don't say it out loud, but it's like if I read "US", I think "United States."

Older Detective Comics Comics logos.

Every one of them recognized that you don't say "DC Comics".

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: July 21, 2014, 10:36:46 PM »

But he has a point. It really doesn't make sense to repeat itself so many times in just the logo.

Well ts not the logo, but the actual name of the company. Detective Comics was the star book National comcis at the time but they had thier products with Superman DC (their most popular products at the time) and the name DC Comics stuck among the staff and fans before being changed in the 70s.

Not sure why Marvel went from being Atlas to the curren name of the house of ideas.