Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 500546 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #1600 on: July 17, 2014, 12:00:17 PM »
I've heard there was a 1080 Avalanche beanie hat given out during MyNintendo, but I've never been able to find a picture of it.  I'm inclined to think there was not one, since it was one of the games that netted you the Zelda Collector's disc...

There was also *something* Custom Robo, but it was only offered to Canadian residents.

I love the posters and one day hope to be able to frame them and cover every wall in my house with them.

I did not get the Kirby medal and to this very day I'm sour over it.  I wrote a very nice letter to Nintendo asking them to reconsider the way they'd offer such a limited reward in the future.  It's easy, really.  Announce it ahead of time and leave signups open for 48 hours or such.  If you sign up, the cost of the reward is held.  At the end of the signup period, X amount of members are selected and the reward ships to them - all other members have the cost of the reward refunded to them.  This makes it more fair to those who have to work during the day when they announce super-cool rewards. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: July 17, 2014, 12:09:49 PM »
Man, if you don't have a Kirby medal, then you are not a true Nintendo fan. Quit posin'.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: July 17, 2014, 12:19:22 PM »
Says the guy who just posted about how Club Nintendo is stupid. ;)

I've almost broke down a few times and snagged one on eBay - the US ones are rather uncommon and go for a pretty penny while the Japanese ones are pretty common, but shipping is killer.

Someone on some forum who managed to get one had their box arrive crushed.  Said they contacted Nintendo and just had to send it back to get a replacement.  I wrote in to customer service, begging them to allow me to purchase a damaged one at full Club Nintendo price, but was shot down. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1603 on: July 17, 2014, 01:04:15 PM »
I remember MyNintendo!  I got the Kirby stylus and the Zelda disc, I think.  Maybe the Metroid demo too. . .
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: July 17, 2014, 01:15:07 PM »
Yeah, it's really a shame the way most rewards on the Club Nintendo site are distributed. The most popular rewards that are offered often sell[size=78%] [/size]out incredibly quickly. The only thing that prevents that seems to be if the coin cost is extremely high, and even then it's not a guarantee (such as the Kirby Medal, which I believe was 1000 coins).

I also wanted to snag one of those snazzy Red 3DS XL reversible pouches, but they were sold out for the longest time, and when they were re-added, they immediately sold out again. Now they've been replaced with two colours that I am not at all interested in.

It's as though they intentionally limit the number of their cooler rewards. Sigh.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1605 on: July 17, 2014, 01:37:21 PM »
I wonder if it's just that nobody is buying the less popular rewards.  Could also explain why coins started expiring.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: July 17, 2014, 03:14:02 PM »
Have coins started expiring? I know they used to (because I totally let some coins expire a few years ago), but I thought they stopped doing that. It makes sense for them not to expire since Nintendo offers monthly downloads of Virtual Console games. Since they're free, I'm more likely to download games now.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: July 17, 2014, 04:03:48 PM »
I just lost 40 coins due to an expiration and I wasn't going to spend more than that to get a throw-away prize. I'm holding out for something nice to pop up again. I got the Game & Watch 1 DS game and the G&W Ball replica. I WAS going to get the G&W 2 DS game but that is long gone by the looks of things. Can't they at least throw in some periferals or something?

I'll probably get Game & Wario for the DPP points or Earthbound as my Platinum prize.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: July 17, 2014, 04:46:43 PM »
I wouldn't get Earthbound
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: July 17, 2014, 05:14:20 PM »
Why not? Is it a poor port? Or are you not a fan of the series? Or is it relatively cheap on the eShop?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: July 17, 2014, 05:16:52 PM »
Hey, I never claimed I was a true Nintendo fan in my post. I know I'm not. I own third party games. All I'm saying is that the Kirby medal is the only positive identifier. No matter how many other Nintendo products a person may own at any quantity, none of them can equal a single Kirby medal and therefore that person is not a true Nintendo fan.  ;D
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1611 on: July 17, 2014, 10:28:44 PM »
Why not? Is it a poor port? Or are you not a fan of the series? Or is it relatively cheap on the eShop?

As I recall, he played that game when the Random Number God was quite mad at him for some reason.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: July 18, 2014, 02:51:53 PM »

As I recall, he played that game when the Random Number God was quite mad at him for some reason.
Technically, it is a good and faithful port.  The offscreen play is a welcomed addition.  I personally believe that if we knew they be releasing it later on the 3DS I wait for that port.

The game in and of itself was so infuriating that my Wife had to ban me from playing it.  I would have beaten it if it wasn't for the trash in front of the last boss,  who I was vastly out-geared and out-leveled for according to everyone, one shotting team members.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: July 31, 2014, 04:20:25 PM »
Two things to add to my Club Nintendo collection.  One I forgot and the other I just got.

These post cards were sent by either Amazon or Nintendo.  I haven't really a clue if they have anything to do with Club Nintendo - not really sure what the criteria for getting them was.  I got the Punch-Out!! card while Pale got the Wii Sports Resort card (and sent it to me).  The cards had coupon codes on the back for discounts on the games when you bought them from Amazon.

Then, this. :D
The tag itself is a leather Professor Layton branded luggage tag that was a Club Nintendo UK promo.  Finally broke down and ordered one via eBay.  The seller included this punch-out Professor Layton diorama from ONM for free.  Yay!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 03, 2014, 04:03:35 PM »
I received the Punch-Out!! one, but I don't know if I still have it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 04, 2014, 07:53:45 PM »
This sucks. I really wish you could use ClubN points to upgrade your Gold Status award to Platinum level....

There is not a single game I want to claim on this list.....
I would choose 2 out of Platinum for sure, but nothing in the gold interest me, as I have all the games I would actually want already.... granted they are stuck on the Wii side, but I still have them.

Kid Icarus, Super Mario Bros., Adventure of Link, Metroid
I have those.

No interest in Ice Climbers or anything that would be trapped on that 3DS I haven't even turned on (other than to do an update) in over a year.

But i have to choose something.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 04, 2014, 08:04:49 PM »
I'd recommend Wario Land II, I thought it was a great game.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #1617 on: August 05, 2014, 09:57:14 AM »
I ended up choosing Wario Land II and I just felt slighted so much with this year's gifts I went and downloaded Summer Carnival 92 RECCA and that made me feel better.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 05, 2014, 10:13:02 AM »
I got Excitebike, a game I don't like at all, just because it gets me 50 cents.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 16, 2014, 05:58:20 PM »
So, reached Platinum already...for next year.
Yep.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: September 12, 2014, 02:07:45 PM »
Just got this email:
Quote from: email from Ninty
Congratulations!

You’ve qualified for a special demo of the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS game. There’s no limit on play sessions, and it’s available now—a whole week before the public demo.

We’re sending this demo to Club Nintendo members like you who achieved Platinum Status between 7/1/2013 and 6/30/2014, registered any Nintendo 3DS product, and chose to receive information from Nintendo at Club Nintendo. Hurry—all codes for this special demo must be redeemed by Sept. 19. Enjoy!

Enter your unique code on Nintendo eShop

They sent me a special code and 3 other codes for "friends and family". Woot!
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: September 12, 2014, 02:27:20 PM »
Club Nintendo has collapsed in a smoldering pile of Smash Bros codes.

If anyone has a code to give out I will promise to give all of mine back if I were to be selected.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: September 12, 2014, 02:30:31 PM »
If you made Platinum last year, you should get the demo codes. I don't know if I signed up for Club Nintendo emails. If I had to guess, I opted out. Club Nintendo is imploding right now so I'll try to log in later.

So if you had email notifications turned off, you don't get the codes. I will try to enable them and see if I can still the codes.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 02:55:38 PM by Adrock »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: September 12, 2014, 03:11:54 PM »
It appears you need to have reached Platinum last year, plus registered any 3DS product, plus opted in to email notifications.

I only registered my 3DS this week so it looks like I won't be getting a code.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: September 12, 2014, 03:20:02 PM »
Bah.  I got no such e-mail.

I made platinum on Day 1, registered two different 3DSXLs and have all kinds of e-mail opt-in from Nintendo (I get e-mails from Nintendo AU....)