Author Topic: 'Surprising' Pokémon Announcement Coming August 26  (Read 3337 times)

'Surprising' Pokémon Announcement Coming August 26
« on: August 20, 2014, 10:25:20 AM »

The mysterious new project will be announced via live stream in conjunction with Famitsu.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38326/surprising-pokemon-announcement-coming-august-26

A "surprising" new Pokémon project is set to be revealed Tuesday, August 26, at 10 p.m. JST live via stream on Niconico, according to a post on the Japanese version of the official Pokémon site.

The announcement will be made in conjunction with Japanese video game publication Famitsu. Pokémon Company President and CEO Tsunekazu Ishihara will appear on the stream along with Nobuhiko Okamoto and Aoi Yuuki, two voice actors from the anime. In addition, two mystery guests are scheduled to appear. Ayana Tsubaki & Bunbun-maru are set to host the proceedings.

It is unknown at this juncture what sort of medium this project is tied to, be it video game, manga, anime, etc. Speculation is already running rampant that it could relate to various rumored projects, such as Pokkén Fighters. Find out live by watching the stream here when the time comes.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
Re: 'Surprising' Pokémon Announcement Coming August 26
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 07:16:48 PM »
Can't wait to see people who seriously believe there will ever be a Pokemon MMO be so SHOCKED AND DEVASTATED that it still isn't happening, again.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 08:38:37 PM »
I'm not surprised.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 09:49:36 PM »
I'm thinking NFC.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 10:16:21 PM »
Detective Club or bust.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 09:18:06 AM »
About the only thing that they could do with Pokemon that would surprise me is:

1. Monster Hunter Style Pokemon
2. Pokemon MMO on Wii U that well everyone wants
3. Genetically Engineer and Actual Pokemon (Notice that this is in the 3rd slot)

Yes, I honestly be less surprised by a Real Life Genetically Engineered Pokemon then the first 2.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 12:21:42 PM »
1. Monster Hunter Style Pokemon

I always thought the idea of Pokemon MMO was silly, but now you have this in my head as something I'd love to see.  Thanks a lot, Ceric.

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 03:23:41 PM »
I am not even close to a Pokemon fan, only played the first game a few times never finished. I also really HATE MMO's they always feel empty to me. A Pokemon MMO wouldn't be the one to change my mind. Zelda, Mario, or even Donkey Kong maybe. Now that I think about it a DK RPG would be kind of cool.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 05:06:14 PM »
I'd play a game where you kill Pokémon like in Monster Hunter, sounds fun! I'd also like a Pokémon cooking game. As in, you cook up Pokémon. Delicious!