Author Topic: Street Fighter Producer Interested in Nintendo Vs. Capcom  (Read 6343 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Street Fighter Producer Interested in Nintendo Vs. Capcom
« on: January 20, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »

The man behind Capcom's recent fighting games believes the idea should be pitched to Nintendo.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/24828

During a roundtable discussion at yesterday's Nintendo 3DS event in Amsterdam, Capcom's Yoshinori Ono was asked if Capcom had considered including Nintendo characters in their fighting games in order to broaden their appeal.  Ono was enthusiastic about the idea, but he took it one step further.

Ono said that he would like to make a Nintendo Vs. Capcom fighting game, and wishes for the idea to be pitched to Nintendo of Japan and Masahiro Sakurai, game director on Super Smash Bros. Brawl and the upcoming Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Ono is likely wishing on a star, as no rumors have ever circulated about a Nintendo/Capcom slugfest.  But hopefully he's started something.

Be sure to check out our full transcript of the roundtable.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter Producer Interested in Nintendo X Capcom
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 07:36:29 PM »
Ryu, Chun Li, Guile, Megaman, and Viewtiful Joe vs Nintendo's roster in the next Super Smash Brothers? Count me in as interested.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter Producer Interested in Nintendo Vs. Capcom
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 07:54:07 PM »
When Capcom did this with SNK it resulted in two games.  Capcom vs. SNK was made by Capcom and SNK vs. Capcom was made by SNK with each game representing more the style of each developer.  Now that same approach is being done with the Street Fighter/Tekken crossover.

That is what I would want to see.  Not just Nintendo characters in Street Fighter or Capcom characters in SSB.  I want both Nintendo vs. Capcom and Capcom vs. Nintendo.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 07:56:15 PM »
Capcom's combos involve stabbing the Nintendo characters in the back.

CAPCOM 5 -- NEVER FORGET
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Bman87301

• AtGames Defender
  • Score: -10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 07:59:12 PM »
MARIO VS. MEGAMAN!!!!    ;D Please let it happen!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 08:08:19 PM »
Okami rips Pikachu's head off? Day -5.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 08:34:27 PM »
Like someone else said, if this does happen, it could be like the upcoming Street Fighter and Tekken game. Nintendo could make a version that plays like Super Smash Bros. and Capcom could make a version that plays like Marvel vs. Capcom. That'd be interesting to see.
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 09:03:26 PM »
I would have said no chances of that happening, but that was before we found out that Samus will be in Dead or Alive Dimensions.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 09:25:55 PM »
So, by the rules of Continuity, the world of Nintendo coexists with:

Sonic the Hedgehog Universe
Metal Gear
D.O.A / and by extension Ninja Gaiden
Soul Calibur universe

If they did a crossover with Capcom, that opens up to Marvel, which opens up to DC Comics which means MARIO VS BATMAN 2016

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 09:44:43 PM »
I would have said no chances of that happening, but that was before we found out that Samus will be in Dead or Alive Dimensions.

Er... Or, you know, Link in Soul Calibur 2?

I wouldn't mind seeing a few Capcom characters in Smash Bros. Megaman and Ladd Spencer would both be great for nostalgia. That said, I have a hard time visualizing just how Capcom would integrate Nintendo characters into a more traditional VS type game.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 10:16:56 PM »
Yeah, I guess I had a brain fart. I realized that after I posted it but didn't feel like changing my post.

I trust Capcom to figure out a way to do it, there were several characters in the Marvel vs. Capcom games that I wouldn't expect to do well in those games either but Capcom did it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 10:38:47 PM »
So, by the rules of Continuity, the world of Nintendo coexists with:

Sonic the Hedgehog Universe
Metal Gear
D.O.A / and by extension Ninja Gaiden
Soul Calibur universe

If they did a crossover with Capcom, that opens up to Marvel, which opens up to DC Comics which means MARIO VS BATMAN 2016

Don't forget Archie comics.  And the Alien/Predator universe, too.  And hey, it would bridge the Sonic Archie comics with the Sonic games!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 10:43:55 PM »
And don't forget any universe's those interacted with: Banjo-Kazooie, Shenmue, Samba de Amigo, NiGHTS, etc.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 11:27:26 PM »
When Capcom did this with SNK it resulted in two games.  Capcom vs. SNK was made by Capcom and SNK vs. Capcom was made by SNK with each game representing more the style of each developer.  Now that same approach is being done with the Street Fighter/Tekken crossover.

That is what I would want to see.  Not just Nintendo characters in Street Fighter or Capcom characters in SSB.  I want both Nintendo vs. Capcom and Capcom vs. Nintendo.

Yeah, that's similiar to what I'd want if this combo ever eventuated. This is why I'm really glad Namco and Capcom are doing this with both Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter. One in the vein of each of their respective series.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 11:35:09 PM »
The next "Smash Bros" game should just be "Nintendo vs. Everyone" or "Nintendo vs. The World" type thing. Having only Snake and Sonic in Brawl was such a cocktease.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 12:24:22 AM »
The next "Smash Bros" game should just be "Nintendo vs. Everyone" or "Nintendo vs. The World" type thing. Having only Snake and Sonic in Brawl was such a cocktease.

Super Mario Bros. vs. The World! Mario and friends must do battle against the seven evil mascots: Sonic, Snake, Cloud from FFVII, Bomberman, Mega Man and Master Chief!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 12:30:17 AM »
Now, we just have to connect one of these properties to the Westphall Universe...

Super Mario Bros. vs. The World! Mario and friends must do battle against the seven evil mascots: Sonic, Snake, Cloud from FFVII, Bomberman, Mega Man and Master Chief!

That's only six.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 12:34:00 AM »
Now, we just have to connect one of these properties to the Westphall Universe...

That's only six.

Kratos from God of War. That makes it seven now.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline 4-D

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 02:57:42 AM »

Er... Or, you know, Link in Soul Calibur 2?

I wouldn't mind seeing a few Capcom characters in Smash Bros. Megaman and Ladd Spencer would both be great for nostalgia. That said, I have a hard time visualizing just how Capcom would integrate Nintendo characters into a more traditional VS type game.
Mugen. For example, a fairly promising project: http://www.pixelprospector.com/indev/2009/07/card-sagas-wars/

Offline 4-D

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 03:04:28 AM »
MARIO VS. MEGAMAN!!!!    ;D Please let it happen!
Ever heard of Super Smash Flash 2? It's currently in development and its roster includes Mario, Mega Man, Cloud, Lloyd, Ichigo, Goku, Naruto, and other third party characters, as well as most of those from the Smash Bros. games. Check it out: http://mcleodgaming.com/games.php and http://www.youtube.com/user/McLeodGamingOfficial

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 03:22:18 AM »
I'm liquefying at the prospect of Nintendo characters being rendered in HD to match up with the Capcom models used in MvC3.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 12:04:14 PM »
Sorry to be a killjoy and a huge geek at the same time but Mario and Metal Gear don't share the same universe.  SSB is a bunch of toys come to life.  It is not the "real" world of those characters.  But Mario and Sonic do co-exist because of those Olympic games.

You also cannot connect Nintendo franchises due to SSB alone for the same reason.  But there are some easy ones like how Link and Samus both make cameos in Super Mario RPG, which has Culex from Final Fantasy which connects that franchise as well.  This topic needs its own thread. :)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 01:39:22 PM »
The Final Fantasy Characters connect with Disney through Kingdom hearts, and DC Comics connects to Hanna Barbera through Batman on Scooby Doo. Disney Connects to Bugs Bunny universe through Who Framed Roger Rabbit which means...

Olimar vs. Marvin the Martian Grudge Match. Fight! (Martian Manhunter referees)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 04:19:52 PM »
The Final Fantasy Characters connect with Disney through Kingdom hearts, and DC Comics connects to Hanna Barbera through Batman on Scooby Doo. Disney Connects to Bugs Bunny universe through Who Framed Roger Rabbit which means...

Olimar vs. Marvin the Martian Grudge Match. Fight! (Martian Manhunter referees)

Not to mention Mega Man connects with Street Fighter. There is a precedent for strange crossovers.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline nintex40

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 06:39:41 PM »
mario conects with almost, every nintendo franchise, zelda conects with soul calibur, soul calibur with star wars, god of war and spawn... wario conects with bomberman, capcom conects with marvel, street fighter with tekken, and namco, mario conects with pacman, final fantasy, tetris, dragon quest and NBA (jahjahja nba), metroid conects with dead or alive, kingdom hearts conects with disney, disney with looney toons... marvel conects with DC, and DC with mortal kombat, batman conects with scooby doo and the green hornet, scooby doo conects with the 3 stooges and adams family, phoenix wright conects with professor layton, adventure island conects with metal gear solid, transformers and castlevania (dream mix tv world fighters) mario conects with sonic, sonic conects with banjo and kazooie(sega racing) .... :O!!! haha