Author Topic: Wii Fit Plus for New Moms in Japan  (Read 1556 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Wii Fit Plus for New Moms in Japan
« on: November 15, 2010, 03:49:09 PM »

Nintendo is now advertising Wii Fit Plus towards new mothers in Japan.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/24453

Nintendo has released a new Japanese campaign for Wii Fit Plus. The initiative has been dubbed "Post pregnancy exercise through Wii Fit Plus," and it encourages new mothers to exercise after giving birth using Wii Fit Plus. A page for the campaign has been made live.

For the marketing campaign, Nintendo surveyed 1,120 ladies with children up to 2 years of age. Of those surveyed, 78.30 percent of them didn't partake in any form of exercise after giving birth to their child. 66.30 percent of those women who exercised wanted to restore their original weight prior to their pregnancy. 70.70 percent of those women that didn't exercise can't leave their children behind. This information appears in a television commercial.

Wii Fit Plus was released in Japan on October 1, 2009, and has been a constant best seller according to the Media Create sales charts.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: Wii Fit Plus For New Moms in Japan
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 03:53:35 PM »
Hmmm... I wonder if my fiance will be interested in this.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Flipster

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 04:07:01 PM »
I wish I had a Japanese wife to get this for...

I mean, um, this is lame. Nintendo is selling out again to the casual audience. Bah...!

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 04:55:02 PM »
I'm just surprised that Nintendo is still promoting this title, even though its a year old.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Wii Fit Plus for New Moms in Japan
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 06:33:02 PM »
This is just an advertising campaign? I thought they were starting a promotion where they give out the game for free to new mothers.

I'm just surprised that Nintendo is still promoting this title, even though its a year old.
It is also their highest-priced game on the market so they probably receive a lot of profit for each sale, therefore they want to keep it selling if they can.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Wii Fit Plus for New Moms in Japan
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 09:41:09 AM »
No doubt that it also have to do with the game still being in the top 20 every week in Japan (last week it was 17th and sold about 5K copies).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20