Author Topic: 3DS Virtual Console  (Read 2500 times)

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
3DS Virtual Console
« on: August 15, 2011, 11:34:51 PM »
So far i have downloaded Mario Land and Link's AwakeninDX, both are pretty awesome, although nintendo should already start pumping out GBA games, well both games serves me right since i got the system with no games, am probably getting one over the weekend, i had to get the system quick because is selling out every where.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS Virtual Console
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 03:59:22 PM »
although nintendo should already start pumping out GBA games

Eh.  I think there's a lot of conjecture out there, but with the rate that they're putting out GB games, and we still have GCC, T16, and GG games to get through...I'll put some money down that we're not going to see GBA games on sale on 3DS VC for 2 years at least, maybe more.  Don't hold your breath.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 08:14:06 PM »
There aren't enough GB and GBC games to be able to string them out over 2 years, even at the current pace. One year, though, I could see. Late 2012, early 2013 at the latest.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 08:30:35 PM »
I disagree insano, even taking out the licensed games and games that won't come out for other reasons (like Sony or Microsoft owning the rights), there are still hundreds of GB and GBC games that could come out, assuming the publisher wants to release them.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 08:51:07 PM »
The problem, though, is that if they keep releasing mediocre games at this slow a pace, people will stop paying attention to the service completely. Right now the VC release schedule on 3DS is barely better than it is on the Wii. Nintendo has to do better than that to keep people's interest, but not so good that they oversaturate.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 10:01:11 PM »
I think two years for GBA games is a bit much, Nintendo is probably going to start pumping them out sometime in early 2012. GBA has a more robust library of quality games than GBC and GB combined.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 10:25:07 PM »
Um, is it cool to say I'm REALLY enjoying Urban Champion 3D Classics?  I think it's cool.  But I do like very old-school games.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 05:16:56 PM »
I'm hoping for Mega Man III, IV, and V. I was really disappointed when that GBA collection was cancelled, so if these games were released I'd be very tempted to download them even though they wouldn't be in colour. The original cartridges aren't cheap.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 03:37:45 AM »
Did Link's Awakening always have that FUCKING ANNOYING "this is too heavy to pick up with bare hands" message every time you so much as looked at a pot?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 04:16:21 AM »
Why yes, it did, along with any other object you need the power bracelet to push.