Author Topic: Final Fantasy 13 X-2 Announced  (Read 7063 times)

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy 13 X-2 Announced
« on: January 18, 2011, 12:35:57 PM »
I dont know about you guys, but i really enjoy FF13, so this is good news.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 12:37:57 PM by alegoicoe »
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 13 X-2 Announced
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 12:47:00 PM »
I'm actually pretty happy to see a Final Fantasy XIII sequel. The original game got a lot of undeserved crap thrown on it (mostly by people who have a very limited concept of what an RPG can be), but I really enjoyed it despite its flaws. I'm hoping they keep the same battle system with some minor tweaks such as being able to summon any Eidolon in your party with any leader. Some actual non-Hunt sidequests and stuff you can do other than fight would be nice as well.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 03:16:46 PM »
I'm actually pretty happy to see a Final Fantasy XIII sequel. The original game got a lot of undeserved crap thrown on it (mostly by people who have a very limited concept of what an RPG can be), but I really enjoyed it despite its flaws. I'm hoping they keep the same battle system with some minor tweaks such as being able to summon any Eidolon in your party with any leader. Some actual non-Hunt sidequests and stuff you can do other than fight would be nice as well.

Yea bro, most of the hate this game got was simply ignorance in part because alot ps3 and 360 players are not happy if a game even if is an rpg, is not an open world first person shooter. Is good that they opted for a  full sequel intead of shitty addon content.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 03:39:23 PM »
I love sequels of sequels that aren't sequels of anything else.

I doubt the amount of work put into this sequel is going to justify the full-game price tag. With so much done in terms of resource development, I would be surprised to see more than one or two new areas and enemies.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 03:42:31 PM »
I love sequels of sequels that aren't sequels of anything else.

I doubt the amount of work put into this sequel is going to justify the full-game price tag. With so much done in terms of resource development, I would be surprised to see more than one or two new areas and enemies.

Well, we were told going into the launch of FF XIII that they had enough material on the cutting room floor to make a whole new game.  I'm guessing that's most of what we're going to see in FF XIII-2, at least in terms of environments/character models/etc.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 03:54:38 PM »
I wonder if most people will get the name right, I heard a lot of people pronounce Final Fantasy X-2 as if that was the letter X rather than the Roman numeral.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 04:16:56 PM »
I wonder if most people will get the name right, I heard a lot of people pronounce Final Fantasy X-2 as if that was the letter X rather than the Roman numeral.
Well, considering that this very topic has the wrong title...
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 04:17:43 PM »

How do you pronounce the Roman Numeral?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 04:21:33 PM »
"Ten". The "X" in the title is the Roman numeral for 10 of coarse. So you pronounce it "Final Fantasy Ten 2".
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 04:26:02 PM »
So is it Final Fantasy Thirteen Ten Two?
or is 13 not actually in the tile? wasn't there already a FFX-2 and it starred a girl group or something?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 04:29:29 PM »
It's Final Fantasy XIII-2, the OP just got it wrong.

Yes, Final Fantasy X-2 was the one that starred three women and involved changing clothes in battle (or something like that).

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 04:34:48 PM »
Even more confusingly, Final Fantasy Agito XIII is now known as Final Fantasy Type-0 (with further Type-# trademarks applied for).
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 04:58:21 PM »
I remember when Mega Man X came out a friend of mine thought it was "Mega Man Ten".  Even though at that point Mega Man had only gone to 6, since the game took place in the future, he figured it was a clever marketing gimmick like this was the tenth Mega Man game from the future.  Then you get something like Final Fantasy X-2 which is confusing in the opposite way.

In retrospect they should have called FF X-2, FF XI.  The real FF XI is an MMO which for all intents and purposes is unrelated to the main FF series.  They should have called that game FF Online and made it it's own spin-off series.  And here we are again with Final Fantasy XIV being another MMO and we get FF XIII-2 which is effectively the "true" 14th FF game.  Are they doing this on purpose is that just a major fluke?  It's almost like someone at Square Enix does not want MMO FFs being included in the main series and has come up with this "sequel to a sequel" strategy to keep the chain of single player FFs unbroken.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 09:12:17 PM »
They should just give all of the Final Fantasy games subtitles instead of numbers. None of the games are related in any meaningful sense, and when they are you get utterly stupid names like X-2.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 01:02:55 PM »
to me the x-2 dosent make much sense, but i really dont care.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 06:34:24 PM »
This is what happens when you want to create a direct sequel to a game in a series where the sequels aren't any sort of continuation of the previous games.

I remember when Mega Man X came out a friend of mine thought it was "Mega Man Ten".  Even though at that point Mega Man had only gone to 6, since the game took place in the future, he figured it was a clever marketing gimmick like this was the tenth Mega Man game from the future.
I thought the same thing, it would make a lot of sense considering it's on the same timeline. I had always figured that a Mega Man 9 would connect the original series to the X series, thereby making them all sequential. But then Mega Man 10 came and ruined that...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:33:16 PM by Mop it up »

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 03:28:54 PM »
Odd, I love RPGs yet I still managed to HATE FFXIII :(.  It was the overall plot and characters that killed it for me; worse cast yet for a FF game IMO.  And the lack any any other NPCs, towns, worlds ect limited the appeal of the game as well. 

I'll still give FFXIII-2 a go maninly because I'm an RPG nut but I'm not holding my breath for any special.