Community Forums > NWR Forums Discord

I grow to hate the web

<< < (5/5)

pokepal148:
Also re-captcha is just obnoxious. Fucking hell.

RABicle:

--- Quote from: nickmitch on June 01, 2019, 02:12:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: RABicle on May 31, 2019, 12:06:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: nickmitch on May 27, 2019, 10:11:40 PM ---The only thing missing is a publication you've never heard of saying you have 3 free articles left before you run out, but you can get 3 months for just $1, cancel anytime.

--- End quote ---
This is honestly, one of the less egregious monetisation strategy. It's just a dollar. What else were you going to spend it on? refined sugar?

But yeah using the web fucking sucks these days. I think I'm going back to my car radio for news now.

--- End quote ---

Sure, the dollar is a low introductory price, but it always goes up after the trial to $7-10/month.  My biggest issue is when it's not a site I've never heard of and can't say I plan on coming back to in the 3 months.

I'd honestly rather they just charge me like 15 cents to read the one article and I can just go about my day.

--- End quote ---
Oh... yeah sorry I imagined that they were offering that last option. More websites need microtransactions instead of subscriptions.

nickmitch:
Especially with how people browse the web.  I don't really go looking for articles to read, I get them from Twitter and the Digg newsletter almost entirely.  So I really have no need for a singular subscription.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version