Author Topic: This Week in Nintendo Downloads  (Read 1168 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
This Week in Nintendo Downloads
« on: March 07, 2011, 10:00:52 PM »

One of this week's games involves saving the Earth from a meteorite using bombs; Prepare to sing "I don't want to miss a thing"!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/25646

This week's downloads update marks the first time in weeks that we are graced with a Virtual Console release. Bomberman Hero, originally for the N64, is this week's sole Virtual Console update. The title is an action/adventure game where Hudson's hero Bomberman explores numerous worlds using his famous bomb based attacks. The title can be downloaded for 1,000 Wii Points ($10).

The WiiWare segment of the service receives one new game, Heavy Fire: Black Arms from Teyon. A 500 Wii Point ($5) title, the game takes players on a mission to South America in a traditional light-gun game.

WiiWare also receives a demo of Soccer Bashi by Icon Games Entertainment. Soccer Bashi is an arcade soccer game that takes place in a futuristic society. Players must destroy the opponent's blocks in order to claim victory. The demo is free of charge ($0)

DSiWare gains three new titles in its service. The first of these is G.G. Series Horizontal Bar from Genterprise Inc. The 200 DSi Point game ($2) is a gymnastic title in which players perform various tricks on the pararell bars.

The second title for the week is GO Series Earth Saver from Gamebridge. In a plot lifted right out of the movie "Armageddon", players take on the role of a bomb expert as he is assigned to destroy a meteorite that is looming on Earth's horizon. The action title is available for download for 500 DSi Points ($5). Theme music by Aerosmith is not included.

The third DSiWare title and final game for this week's update is JellyCar 2 from Disney Interactive. Dubbed a driving platforming game, players will take control of a jelly car as they explore various worlds using the vehicle's squishing abilities. JellyCar 2 will set players back 500 DSi Points ($5).

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: This Week in Nintendo Downloads
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 10:16:52 PM »
i picked up heavy fire just for the hell of it. $5 for a shooter isn't too much.

Bomberman Hero now that's something interesting for VC. I actually really liked this game and the first bomberman 64 too cuz of the multiplayer was different.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Re: This Week in Nintendo Downloads
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 10:38:57 PM »
I remember Bomberman Hero only being playable because 3D games were still kind of novel. Same goes with Legend of the Mystical Ninja.