Author Topic: Episode 149: Horse Names on a Budget  (Read 1575 times)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Episode 149: Horse Names on a Budget
« on: February 26, 2017, 03:47:41 PM »

We've been through the desert on a horse with no games. With some luck no more of the same. On a budget you can come up with a name, 'cause there ain't no one for to ride him again.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/radiotrivia/44151/episode-149-horse-names-on-a-budget

Did you like this episode's game selections? Let your fellow listeners know in TalkBack! Think you've got a better choice that hasn't been used yet? Then send it my way and your request might be on the next episode of Radio Trivia: Podcast Edition!  Heck, throw in a question and specific songs if you want.  Just remember, it has to be a game found on a Nintendo system in North America (unless we say otherwise)!

Games featured in this episode:

1. Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom (NES)
  2. Beyond Oasis (Wii/GEN)
  3. Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
  4. Exodus: Journey to the Promised Land (NES)
  5. Banjo-Pilot (GBA)

(Highlight the text above with your cursor to view it.)

::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 149: Horse Names on a Budget
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 04:05:58 AM »
One of the things that drives me nuts in Radio Free Nintendo is when a game gets used and there's music that I recognize from a Romhack, but I don't realize that's the original game. it happened last week with Greg's import game being in a Sonic Romhack called Jester's challenge, and this week it's happened with game 1.

Obviously, click at your own risk of spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92sBa9RTqDg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHyArjirRXk

Honestly, these are a couple of pieces I feel are weaker tracks from what is a game I feel by and far surpasses the original game it was made from. the game pulls it's music from all over the place, from Gradius 2 to F-Zero X and For the Frog the Bell Tolls, to really obscure stuff like a Famicom Doreamon JRPG, Atlantis no Nazo, and... yeah, Princess Tomato and the Salad kingdom, which gets more than one track dedicated to it... I think there's maybe only Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem, Kirby Super Star, Gradius 2, and Final Fantasy 5 that get that sort of preferential treatment in Puresabe's song selection.

Man, I'd love to get more people to play Rockman 4 MI. that game's incredible. oh well.

Also, thank goodness for AVGN, otherwise I would have never guessed Exodus
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 04:49:19 AM by ClexYoshi »

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 149: Horse Names on a Budget
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 04:43:51 AM »
Bravo on the subheadline for the podcast article. Bravo! :)

Listening to the third track of the first game, it has same beginning notes as Saria's Song from Ocarina of Time. Any composer overlap between the two games?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 10:11:44 AM by MASB »