Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

La Mulana -- no, i am not stuck!

(1/3) > >>

azeke:
Just curious about one choice.

In Mausoleum of Giants there is a plate says "do not read me a second time". So i didn't.

Well a week later i got curious and did read it. I heard a sound like a solved a puzzle and some flying pharaoh thing appeared. And monsters in all levels got harder and there are just more of them now.

Should i proceed? Or is it better to start anew? I really have no problem with increased difficulty, i'm just asking.

azeke:
Okay, so i've advanced a bit after lat moment and realized "hard mode" that me reading that tablet second time activated is making me waste too much time (like waiting when those egyptian ghost turn around and stuff).

So i started the game from the scratch.

I remember what i should do more or less clearly so i am already at second boss with 1 hour 21 minutes.

Second time around the game definitely flows much better when you know what does what.

Loving the game so far, especially music.

PS Controls are busted though, especially jumping and swimming.

ejamer:
Did the same thing - both in reading the tablet twice, then (after a couple of hours) restarting. Difficulty ramps up very quickly after you read that tablet with more enemies and all... but since I enjoy the puzzles and exploration more than action, the increased challenge really wasn't what I wanted.

azeke:
Just an update while at it.

Before leaving to visit my parents in other city to celebrate New Year, i played quite a bit during the night.

I'm at seven hours in (after restarting), and i beat four bosses so far. Awoke Mulbruk (she is kinda useless for me so far cause most of the stuff she says i already found) and got two seals. And no i am still not stuck.

Also while i was at my parents' and didn't have access to my Wii U, i kinda got curious and tried out original freeware version of La Mulana.

Damn. This remake is peanuts compared to the original. They don't even explain how to teleport and to do that you have to press a number on a keyboard when in items menu. Which isn't explained anywhere and there is no indication on GUI that you even can do that.

Also there are no saves. Unless you find some obscure program in the ruins and combine it somehow on in-game MSX computer.

Also the prices on stuff is ridiculous. Glyph reader is 100 something coins. From the pace i was going it would took me from two to four hours to grind that much.

Also -- no hot springs. The only way to replenish health is to grind experience and wait till it fills up to restore your health. Or take sacred orb.

Pure evil.

ejamer:
Hmmm... I don't find that the WiiWare version has been that difficult so far (at a similar point to what you describe). The original version sounds more obscure than I'm interested in though! No warping, no hot springs, no saves? This remake might water the game down, but I'm ok with that.
 ;D

Probably going to put this game on the back burner for a while to finish off some other, shorter games. Have to admit that playing La-Mulana over the past month has catapulted it to one of my favorite 2012 releases. Every time I feel like I'm about to hit a wall, something new and exciting opens up. Most recently: (minor spoiler by listing an item name) the bronze mirror.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version