Author Topic: Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney
« on: September 03, 2006, 07:29:08 PM »
This is the Original PGC Review.

Ok let me give you the short review.  The game is good.  It would be really good if they would have not included the last Episode, Rise from the Ashes.

If you like Manga then you will like Phoenix Wright.  It plays like an interactive book.  With Witty dialog.  Good Character interaction.  Stability between each episodes.  Things like the Steel Samuria travel through all the episodes in some way after they are introduced.  Its part of the universe and the Universe is maintained close knit and well.  No characters are introduced just to be there.  The all have some role that couldn't be filled by someone else.  Then you get to the last episode.

This episode introduces some mechanics that would have helped earlier in the game, the ability to exam all sides of evidence, some that would have been better if implemented better, fingerprints, and then some that came to be annoying, Luminoth(sp?) testing.  Before the last episodes all the stories are put together well and in such a fashion that you can put two and two together without being a mind reader and enjoy the game if you pay attention.

The last episode however I found the story to be interesting but they introduced to many new concepts and then they didn't tie everything in as well.  This was the only episode that I had to literally present every bit of evidence to everyone because it wasn't giving me any real clues to what I should be doing.  Even then after testing eveything at one point I had to examine a background character that wasn't really referred to.  Also there was a lot of instances where I went to prove a contradiction but it wasn't the way they wanted you to do it even though it was obvious.  The other episodes weren't riddled with these sorts of problems.  If this is an indication how the future of the series looks I'm a little weary because the first four episodes are excellent and know when to stop from being tedious.

After your first case you get Maya for all but the last episode.  She nice looking then she has this look that makes you want to give her stuff.  You've been warned.

In all I don't want to ruin anything so this is vague for a reason.  As I said overall an enjoyable game.  Especially if you like to do some problem solving that doesn't seem tacked on.

Score: 8 (9 If you omit the Last episode.)  
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 06:08:40 AM »
Man, I really would like to play this game one day, but I have too many DS games to buy already.  Nice review, except I'm not sure why I need to be warned that Maya's look makes me want to give her stuff...
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
RE:Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 07:05:43 PM »
I had to get a GameFly account to play it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 09:01:57 AM »
You didn't give this a 10, so you suck!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 05:28:15 AM »
?(PGCForum.user.name="Bill Aurion"):score=10|score=8

I'm fairly sure that's right.