Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 614429 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
« Reply #1225 on: September 11, 2010, 05:45:40 AM »
I got the biggest thrill out of stealing stuff from the shop keeper in Link's Awakening. He would kill you for doing it but you got to keep the item. You could steal everything you needed right off the bat without paying a dime. Sure, you had to live with the name THIEF for the rest of the game but I think it was worth it. Plus you need to steal something to get one of the elusive pictures in the DX version.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: September 13, 2010, 11:49:21 AM »
I got the biggest thrill out of stealing stuff from the shop keeper in Link's Awakening. He would kill you for doing it but you got to keep the item. You could steal everything you needed right off the bat without paying a dime. Sure, you had to live with the name THIEF for the rest of the game but I think it was worth it. Plus you need to steal something to get one of the elusive pictures in the DX version.

The perverted economy of Wind Fish Island forces Link into a life of crime: I can think of no other place in the world in which some curved wood and a peice of string will run you several times more than a bunch of bombs.  Link's got secrets to find, and if it takes grand larceny to do it then so be it!

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: September 13, 2010, 11:52:19 AM »
I was always afraid to steal from the shopkeeper  that because I thought there would be another, unforseen consequence later in the game.  Then again, I usually play my games as a goody two-shoes.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: September 13, 2010, 02:12:18 PM »
I can't do a no-death run if the shopkeeper kills me. 

Besides, by the end of the fourth dungeon I usually have 999 rupees anyway, so what's the point in stealing stuff?  I have more money than I know what to do with.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline MoronSonOfBoron

• Little Black Rain Cloud
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
    • moronsonofboron @ deviantART
« Reply #1229 on: September 13, 2010, 05:36:36 PM »
Yeah, money's never been an issue in Zelda games. It should stay that way.
Eat lightning and crap thunder.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: September 13, 2010, 05:37:57 PM »
Yeah, money's never been an issue in Zelda games. It should stay that way.

It was an issue in Twilight Princess when I had to put on my magical armor just to burn through some rupees so I could clear a treasure chest that contains more rupees that I didn't need.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: September 13, 2010, 08:57:10 PM »
In Skyward Sword Link should have the option to rob Hyrule National Bank for rupees and he can even have accomplices. Epona would be the get away vehicule.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1232 on: September 13, 2010, 09:32:46 PM »
In Skyward Sword Link should have the option to rob Hyrule National Bank for rupees and he can even have accomplices. Epona would be the get away vehicule.

Huh are you serious?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: September 13, 2010, 11:05:52 PM »
Twilight Princess would have been much better if Link could have shorted various Hyrule markets by driving their stock prices down with the introduction of each new Malo Mart.  If there's one thing the Zelda forumla is lacking at the moment it's insider trading.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: September 13, 2010, 11:23:16 PM »
You know what they should add to Zelda? A cover system.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: September 13, 2010, 11:41:36 PM »
...and a morality choice system, and the abilty to court different NPCs.  Just think how much better OOT would have been if Link could have chosen between Zelda and Malon.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Online NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: September 13, 2010, 11:46:06 PM »
...and a morality choice system, and the abilty to court different NPCs.  Just think how much better OOT would have been if Link could have chosen between Zelda and Malon.

Don't get stevey started.

J.P. Corbran

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1237 on: September 14, 2010, 02:20:59 AM »
Some sex minigames would also be great.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: September 14, 2010, 02:56:43 AM »
Some sex minigames would also be great.

Link and Zelda, eh? ;)

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:31:26 PM by Kytim89 »
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: September 14, 2010, 04:13:17 AM »
Link was a ladies man in OoT. Malon, Zelda, Ruto... the list goes on.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: September 15, 2010, 02:40:40 PM »
I can't stop thinking about this old thread and how much it made me laugh back in the day.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Zelda MIGHT only be a little over HALF completed!
« Reply #1241 on: December 22, 2010, 02:23:05 AM »
http://wii.ign.com/articles/114/1141463p1.html

Actual Interview
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/37425/interview-shigeru-miyamoto-nintendo-zelda

At the time of our meeting, the game is ā€œover half completeā€.

Maybe we'll be waiting a little bit longer than expected. I am expecting kick butt Galaxy level graphics.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 02:40:38 AM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: December 22, 2010, 01:17:38 PM »
I can't do a no-death run if the shopkeeper kills me. 

Steal the bow, then never return to the item shop.  You'll still be a thief, but not a dead one.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda MIGHT only be a little over HALF completed!
« Reply #1243 on: December 22, 2010, 01:24:59 PM »
http://wii.ign.com/articles/114/1141463p1.html

Actual Interview
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/37425/interview-shigeru-miyamoto-nintendo-zelda

At the time of our meeting, the game is ā€œover half completeā€.

Maybe we'll be waiting a little bit longer than expected. I am expecting kick butt Galaxy level graphics.

I have to admit to being more than a little disturbed by this "revelation" (as conveniently as it slides into the Zelda franchise's historic record of horrible delays).  With Zelda almost assuredly being delayed till sometime Q4 next year (hint: November), what does the Wii have until then?  Conduit 2?  Don't make me laugh.  If Zelda gets an official delay, I would expect Nintendo to announce something to fill in the gaps.  Otherwise, this is pretty much the N64 and GameCube all over again.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Retro Deckades

• View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: December 22, 2010, 01:36:50 PM »
I have to admit to being more than a little disturbed by this "revelation" (as conveniently as it slides into the Zelda franchise's historic record of horrible delays).  With Zelda almost assuredly being delayed till sometime Q4 next year (hint: November), what does the Wii have until then?  Conduit 2?  Don't make me laugh.  If Zelda gets an official delay, I would expect Nintendo to announce something to fill in the gaps.  Otherwise, this is pretty much the N64 and GameCube all over again.

According to IGN, "In an interview last month [Iwata] let it slip that the immediate future for Nintendo's American release calendar could be made up of products that have already been out in Japan for a while -- but just haven't been translated and localized for [the North American] market yet."

Unfortunately, there would only be one or two titles in there that I would be interested in.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: December 22, 2010, 01:41:26 PM »

According to IGN, "In an interview last month [Iwata] let it slip that the immediate future for Nintendo's American release calendar could be made up of products that have already been out in Japan for a while -- but just haven't been translated and localized for [the North American] market yet."

Unfortunately, there would only be one or two titles in there that I would be interested in.

Hopefully, that means we're going to see The Last Story and Xenoblade filling in the gaps, then.  Getting Fatal Frame 4 or Tales of Graces would be great, too.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Online NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: December 22, 2010, 01:47:50 PM »
Zangeki no Reginleiv is probably too much to hope for.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Retro Deckades

• View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: December 22, 2010, 02:14:55 PM »
Zangeki no Reginleiv is probably too much to hope for.

Although it probably has a better chance than Ni No Kuni.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: December 22, 2010, 02:53:55 PM »
i hope nintendo is making a transition with this game for the next wii like they did in twilight princess, so we get to play it full hd, not that i care that much but am willing to wait a bit longer if that is the case.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: December 22, 2010, 05:31:21 PM »
i hope nintendo is making a transition with this game for the next wii like they did in twilight princess, so we get to play it full hd, not that i care that much but am willing to wait a bit longer if that is the case.

ahahahahahaAHAHAHA

The artsyle Nintendo has shown already looks better than 95% of "HD" offerings. Just like wind waker is basically the best looking game of all time, but it came out on the GameCube.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).