Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. advance  (Read 4559 times)

Offline Smashman23

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros. advance
« on: March 27, 2003, 06:12:27 PM »
Hey. Does anyone know if a super smash bros. advance has even been considered by nintendo? The game would work perfectly on the gameboy advance. The controls and graphics could easly be put on the gameboy advance and think how much fun it would be to play multiplayer smash on the go. This game could probably even sell thousands of Gameboys. Why doesnt nintendo see this great possibility!!!!!!!!!
ANIMAL CROSSING RULES!!!!!

Town: Swoop
Name: Tito

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 09:04:03 PM »
only thousands?  but a smash bros advance game would be pretty cool, but i want a new 2d mario game i really really do

Offline AdvancedGamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2003, 01:16:10 AM »
Smashman I have thought of this too and I agree it would probably be the sickest gba game ever. You could use the link cable and play against your friends. Maybe this is one of those super secret hidden suprises that we get at E3. They defently need to make a Super Smash Bros Advance. I think they could... I mean isn't the GBA capable of n64 graphics?
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2003, 01:51:25 AM »
capable, but not feasable for making a full game out of.  I would think that a 2D fighter with SSB-like sprites and graphics would work a whole lot better.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Jirachi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2003, 04:47:21 AM »
I agree, it would be best if the game was 2-d, or al least a mix between 2-d and 3-d. Having it a full 3-d game, but slow things down, and the game would be as good. I hope they release another ssb for gcn aswell. Maybe some connectivity features between the two.  

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2003, 06:54:34 AM »
I thought Nintendo announced a long time ago that they were porting the original SSB to the GBA.  I think it could be done pretty flawlessly.  They would have to limit the zooming in and out with the camera, maybe opting to just follow your character, which shouldn't be a problem since each player would have their own GBA screen.  The grphics in the original are so simple, I can't imagine that the GBA couldn't handle it.  

Offline JoeFalco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2003, 09:48:47 PM »
If this does happen, what characters would you suggest should be put in it?  I would assume that a GBA version of SSB would be limited to, say, 10 characters with 4 hidden.  What Nintendo icons would you put in it?
The sun never sets...on those who ride into it.  We just gotta keep going!

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2003, 05:34:06 AM »
Accually they will be able to do all the character they had in the orginal since they can make carts that big for the GBA. Especially if they go with sprites.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline JoeFalco

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2003, 07:58:32 PM »

Originally posted by: BlkPaladin
Accually they will be able to do all the character they had in the orginal since they can make carts that big for the GBA. Especially if they go with sprites.

Sure if they go with sprites.  Well, hopefully this is only the beginning of what the GBA is capable of.
The sun never sets...on those who ride into it.  We just gotta keep going!

Offline thepoga

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2003, 08:48:12 AM »
but u also have to remember the amount of moves that smash bros has for each character( up b, down a etc.). they would probbaly have the same if not more amount of characters as the N64 smash bros. also nintendo made no anouncements for this game did they? i dunno. who here fell for the EGM april fools joke last year? I sure did and stuff.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2003, 10:10:03 AM »
Absolutely not!  If they made a Smash Bros for GBA, then I'd have to get a GBA, and I'm not big for handhelds, really.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>