Author Topic: Double Fine moving to Sesame Street  (Read 1472 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Double Fine moving to Sesame Street
« on: February 16, 2011, 12:13:20 PM »
Double Fine Productions (Tim Schafer's studio that developed Psychonauts and Costume Quest) announced today that they are working on a Sesame Street game. The game, to be published by Warner Bros. Interactive, will be called Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster and will be a Kinect game. Schafer says they are doing it because the show had a profound effect on him and other studio members when they were kids. The game is supposed to be released this fall.

I am sure they will do a good job with it based on their past games, but the game will obviously be geared towards little kids.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/double-fine-working-on-sesame-street-title-for-kinect/
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Double Fine moving to Sesame Street
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 12:18:57 PM »
I am sure they will do a good job with it based on their past games, but the game will obviously be geared towards little kids.

Are you sure about that?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 12:30:07 PM »
Double-Fine always strikes me as a developer with excellent concepts but lacking in the talent to actually execute them well.  Hopefully, this license is too simple for even them to screw-up.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 12:48:25 PM »

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 06:25:58 PM »
Are you sure about that?

You really think PBS would let Double Fine (or anyone for that matter) make an "adult" Sesame Street?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!