Community Forums > Movies & TV

Rate the last movie you've seen

<< < (1053/1309) > >>

gayla8:
X-Men Apoc is really a must-watch.

BranDonk Kong:
X-Men: Apocalypse - 8/10

Seriously this movie is much better than the reviews are saying. Yeah, sure, the world in comparison to the major characters of the film does seem a little small and takes a back seat, but the movie is pretty damn good. There is a *major* swipe taken at X-Men: The Last Stand during the movie, pretty much everyone in the audience got the reference and laughed. It's kind of weird that this is somewhat an origin story for characters that we already know in the X-Men universe, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Angel and Archangel, but they do just enough character building for them to not distract from the rest of the movie, or take anything away from any of the other ones. And holy ****, about 2/3 into the movie, full-on Weapon-X Wolverine is unleashed and kills the **** out of everyone in his path. Sure, it's pretty predictable, but what super-hero movie isn't? I would ranks this in the top 3 X-Men films. Yes, there is a post-credits scene - which you can't be certain is building up to the next X-Men movie, or the next Wolverine movie, but it definitely reveals that the next villain, for whichever movie they make, will be Mr. Sinister.

Evan_B:

--- Quote from: Brandogg on May 26, 2016, 10:44:28 PM ---Sure, it's pretty predictable, but what super-hero movie isn't? I would ranks this in the top 3 X-Men films.

--- End quote ---
Considering one of the other movies in that top 3 has to be First Class, it's hard to really rank X-Men films when one or two of them blow all the others out of the water.

UncleBob:
It was an okay movie.  Not as bad as Last Stand by any reach.  I enjoyed it.

BranDonk Kong:
Also it's pretty awesome that Metallica's The Four Horsemen is playing when Apocalypse, Psylocke and Storm meet with Angel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version