Author Topic: Theatrhythm Returns On Switch In Multiplayer Final Bar Line February 16  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

More Final Fantasy music! MORE, I SAY!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/61514/theatrhythm-returns-on-switch-in-multiplayer-final-bar-line-february-16

After the curtain call comes the final line for Square's beloved rhythm series.

Theatrhythm Final Bar Line was revealed in today's Nintendo Direct for a February 16 launch. As with the 3DS originals, players will control avatars of Final Fantasy characters in rhythm games spanning the series, and the Switch edition will include 390 songs.

DLC for related properties Saga, Nier, Live a Live, and Octopath Traveler will be available post-launch: a digital deluxe version of the game will also be available with exclusive songs including FFIX's theme "Melodies of Life".

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Theatrhythm Returns On Switch In Multiplayer Final Bar Line February 16
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 11:14:13 AM »
Curtain Call probably got more hours out of me than any 3DS game.  I've debated getting the Kingdom Hearts rhythm game to try to fill that void but I don't know the series or its music so I haven't bit on it.  And I'm glad I didn't because now I can get this instead!  My backlog has now become hopeless because I will spend 90% of gaming time on this.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 11:25:58 AM »
I was interested in the 3DS games but never got them.  This on the other hand will be a must buy since just the amount of songs in the base game alone is already a damn good value.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 03:59:31 PM »
Curtain Call was a'ight, but I think I had my fill of this game (and this will undoubtedly have a lot of the same music).

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 04:36:28 PM »
Curtain Call probably got more hours out of me than any 3DS game.  I've debated getting the Kingdom Hearts rhythm game to try to fill that void but I don't know the series or its music so I haven't bit on it.  And I'm glad I didn't because now I can get this instead!  My backlog has now become hopeless because I will spend 90% of gaming time on this.

I actually recently completed Melody of Memory and quite enjoyed it. That said, if you have no familiarity with Kingdom Hearts and its music, I can't say you'll get anything out if it.

While it's nice to see Theatrhythm again, I find its lack of presentation underwhelming after having played Melody of Memory. It's just the 3DS gane again, but you can buy more songs separately now. Yay.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline NES_RPG_NERD

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2022, 12:13:38 AM »
Nice, but I'd have been happier with a...damn, what do you call it...friggin' old age killing my vocabulary recall...

LOCALIZATION! That's the word.

...a localization of the Dragon Quest Theatrhythm first.