Author Topic: Wii is 2 years old  (Read 13356 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: Wii is 2 years old
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2008, 11:09:41 PM »
NWR is not leet enough for web comic status.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2008, 04:04:33 AM »
If Sony or MS fans were pointing to such laughably minor titles as big can't-miss games on the horizon you guys would make fun of them and justifiably so.

Like LBP?

You want hardcore titles, there's a big announcement of core games, you don't care and still whine about E3. Do you think the games at the October showing would have been closer to completion had they been paraded at E3 instead of Wii Music?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 04:09:51 AM by KDR_11k »

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2008, 04:20:30 AM »
How many years have I been here and Ian Sane says his opinion about Nintendo, mixed with some intelligent and sometimes not intelligent analysis and then we all bash Ian for bashing Nintendo.

It's more pity-bashing by everyone at this stage, I think. I mean, Ian makes up most of PGC/NWR's total forum posts, and he's complained and whinged about Nintendo in all of them. He's willingly wasted his free time for years now on something he obviously hates (Nintendo and video games in general). You've gotta feel sorry for the guy.

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2008, 04:40:52 AM »
Let's all chip in and buy him a PS3 and just get this over with.
"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2008, 04:44:27 AM »
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a136529/nintendo-aims-to-woo-hardcore-gamers.html

I love the fact that they mentioned two games for 2009 that they could have published themselves that could have helped even-out their family friendly image (by making it more of "something for everyone"). Well done nintendo.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2008, 05:08:48 AM »
Ian is just upset because he really want to Animal Crossing: City Folk but knows no one will come to his village. So he is  :'(
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2008, 06:05:42 AM »
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a136529/nintendo-aims-to-woo-hardcore-gamers.html

I love the fact that they mentioned two games for 2009 that they could have published themselves that could have helped even-out their family friendly image (by making it more of "something for everyone"). Well done nintendo.

I think they don't want to hog all the games, even if just as a publisher, to make third parties see that a good game sells. If all the good games are published by Nintendo then third parties will fail to see correlation and causation again and claim they succeeded because they were published by Nintendo, not because they were good.

Noone cares about "teh kiddy" anymore, now Nintendo is "teh granny". Third parties are more concerned about core games not selling than mature games not selling (which are a sub-branch of core games as most people who aren't part of the core market find the idea of virtually killing people abhorrent). This is much worse for them since while mature was a marketting gimmick, core is a design philosophy and they have no idea how to change their philosophy because it means suddently everything they knew was good is no longer valid and might even hurt the game. It's probably much easier for someone new to gaming to design a new market game than someone who has been part of gaming for so long that its conventions and goals seem natural and unquestionable.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2008, 07:52:41 AM »
Somehow there's no webcomic yet.

THE ADVENTURES OF IAN SANE!!!

Edit: Now, wouldn't that be hilarious if that was the name of one of the games Ninty was working on? :p
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 07:54:31 AM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2008, 09:17:47 AM »
Sounds like a point and click DS comedy adventure. 

I'd buy that for 3 dollars.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2008, 11:47:33 AM »
I'm sorry but 3 dollars is too much considering the production values and hardware that went into the product.  Shafted again.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.