Poll

What will be the next movie in the rotation?

The Craft
Stitches
The Babadook
Zombeaver
Spawn
Yoga Hosers
Tucker & Dale vs Evil
The Punisher (2004)
Sharknado
Sausage Party

Author Topic: MYSTERY FUNHOUSE THEATER!!! *31 Days* Halloween Movie Marathon! *31 Movies*  (Read 323347 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Re: MYSTERY FUNHOUSE THEATER!!! Now Playing: Raptor Island
« Reply #275 on: June 21, 2010, 01:19:25 PM »
I've seen this movie before (on SyFy, where it originated!) and I believe there's a Carnotaurus in it. Short snout, tiny arms, big horns above the eyes? Anyone? I didn't watch it this time for two reasons:

1) I remember groaning a lot the first time; and

2) I promised my paleo-friends up here that we'd watch it as a group. They've been busy. :-(

But I remember that my favorite scene was when the Marines were shooting a couple of raptors (who were just standing there) and little 2D bood splatter effects were happening, but the raptors weren't budging or recoiling in any way. Then they just died. Like their HP suddenly hit "000" and their death animation was triggered. Awful, awful, awful.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 21, 2010, 02:50:44 PM »
if you watch it as a group you should  put a camera behind you and keep the lights dim, and film it, and then edit together scenes with the best comments
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #277 on: June 21, 2010, 04:18:24 PM »
Oh my gosh, yes. That's a brilliant idea. A sort of paleontology-themed MST3K? I'm loving this. It might have to happen.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 21, 2010, 04:27:46 PM »
Oh my gosh, yes. That's a brilliant idea. A sort of paleontology-themed MST3K? I'm loving this. It might have to happen.

No. You have to make it happen.

That is the only way I will watch this movie(because it sounds horrible).

edit: anyone got anymore movie suggestions for the Poll?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 21, 2010, 04:58:17 PM »
Yeah, that is quite possibly a Carnotaurous. The marine said something about how it made a T-Rex look small I think. Kinda funny they didn't make it a T-Rex since that is a more popular dino.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 21, 2010, 05:05:42 PM »
Did we do Giant Spider Invasion yet? It was on MST and it wasn't too painful, plus it's on hulu. I stumbled across 'Yoga, Inc.' and based on its thumbnail picture on hulu and a few minutes of viewing, the history of yoga might be the funniest MFT yet.

My favorite comment so far:

0:11:44

Why so serious?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 21, 2010, 05:19:28 PM »
heheh, i watched Giant Spider Invasion during a Mondo Monday in a loft of a theater called The Loft. Was great. The great thing about that theater is they have short film contests and beer.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 21, 2010, 05:26:35 PM »
These will be added  on Wednesday.

Horror of the Blood Monsters
Giant Spider Invasion
Yoga Inc.
Eight Legged Freaks
Vampire's Kiss

I think Yoga Inc. should be especially interesting. I just watched the first 6 minutes and I forced myself to turn it off. That could be a surprisingly good one.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 06:15:55 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 21, 2010, 05:31:10 PM »
also, the film opened up with a comedian roasting it before hand

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #285 on: June 21, 2010, 05:59:38 PM »
Eight-Legged Freaks, since we're on a spider kick.

Also, Carnotaurus is MUCH smaller than T.rex. Like half its size. So they're wrong about that, too.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 21, 2010, 06:16:37 PM »
I added 2 more to the list.

8 Legged Freaks & Vampire's Kiss (Nic Cage)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 21, 2010, 06:43:40 PM »
Eight-Legged Freaks, since we're on a spider kick.

Also, Carnotaurus is MUCH smaller than T.rex. Like half its size. So they're wrong about that, too.

I gathered as much from the Jurassic Park Lost World novel (assuming it was slightly accurate on that front). Though I doubt the 'chameleon' skill was present in the actual specimens, or at the very least, less advanced than what the book portrayed. The book made it sound like their skin was a biological version of Snake's Octo Camo.

Did we do Giant Spider Invasion yet? It was on MST and it wasn't too painful, plus it's on hulu. I stumbled across 'Yoga, Inc.' and based on its thumbnail picture on hulu and a few minutes of viewing, the history of yoga might be the funniest MFT yet.

My favorite comment so far:

0:11:44

Why so serious?

I knew the movie would be good for MFT within 15 seconds of it starting, but this is when I knew it would be Pure Funhouse Gold TM and shut off the movie until we started it in the thread.

I would also welcome any feedback on my performance. Was my humor alright? Could I have improved my presentation at all? Humor is a very hit-or-miss thing for me so I am open to some constructive criticism to help me improve for next time. I know there were some weak points in my comments and I'm sure all of it cannot be attributed to film/copy/paste/upload fatigue.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 21, 2010, 06:52:56 PM »
I think the humor on some was fine, but on some others I wasn't sure if the commentary was supposed to go with the pic above/below it or not and that just left me with more of a ??? than a laugh.

Broodwars was on a roll though even though he didn't provide a single pic (I used some of the pics Stratos posted as a reference). He seemed genuinely annoyed at what was going on in the movie and his little rants are exactly how I would tear into a movie in person.

Now I eagerly await Halbred's MFT Presents Raptor Island video presentation.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #289 on: June 21, 2010, 06:59:17 PM »
Yeah, I'll have to do this. It can't NOT happen. I just have to find a video recorder, which shouldn't be difficult. Question: would you prefer a rehersed, scripted version (that's actually how MST3K works) or an "off-the-cuff" version?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 21, 2010, 07:01:16 PM »
Broodwars was on a roll though even though he didn't provide a single pic (I used some of the pics Stratos posted as a reference). He seemed genuinely annoyed at what was going on in the movie and his little rants are exactly how I would tear into a movie in person.

If you want pics in the future, I can do them but it really slows down my progress through the movie.  That's kind of why I stopped commenting on the movie after a certain point last night: if I had kept tearing into every little thing, that 1:30:00 movie would have taken me all night and I was trying to get to bed earlier than usual (for reasons I posted recently in General Chat).  Glad you liked it, though.   ;)   And yes, I was genuinely annoyed at the movie, mostly because (as I said) the movie was just lazy.  With some tweaks here or there, it could have been a dramatically better movie but no one gave a damn.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 21, 2010, 07:04:47 PM »

If you want pics in the future, I can do them but it really slows down my progress through the movie.  That's kind of why I stopped commenting on the movie after a certain point last night: if I had kept tearing into every little thing, that 1:30:00 movie would have taken me all night and I was trying to get to bed earlier than usual (for reasons I posted recently in General Chat).  Glad you liked it, though.   ;)   And yes, I was genuinely annoyed at the movie, mostly because (as I said) the movie was just lazy.  With some tweaks here or there, it could have been a dramatically better movie but no one gave a damn.

pics are not necessary, only if you want to use them. If you're on a roll and you don't need pics to describe what you're talking about, then don't use them.

Yeah, I'll have to do this. It can't NOT happen. I just have to find a video recorder, which shouldn't be difficult. Question: would you prefer a rehersed, scripted version (that's actually how MST3K works) or an "off-the-cuff" version?

off the cuff version. Just set up the camera, sit everyone down and tell them to be very vocal about what they want to say about the movie.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #292 on: June 21, 2010, 07:17:41 PM »
DONE. I assume we'll get around to it this week, and hopefully have it uploaded and posted to the Dinorama "website" by the weekend. Should be pretty awesome. Thanks for the idea, guys!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 21, 2010, 07:59:14 PM »
Now we can MFT your MFT :D

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 21, 2010, 08:18:47 PM »
make sure to do some lighting tests first, otherwise it could end up being an unwatchable mess.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 22, 2010, 04:42:54 AM »
make sure to do some lighting tests first, otherwise it could end up being an unwatchable mess.

At least then the audio could be salvageable and you can just play it along with the movie to hear their commentary.
My Game Collection

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #296 on: June 22, 2010, 03:19:06 PM »
It's been decided: We are not doing a video shoot for two reasons:

1) We are hideous people.

2) It'd be less of a hassle to record something Rifftracks style. Just pop in your iPod and press when the movie starts.

So we're going to record ourselves riffing on the movie as an audio file. Recording will commence this weekend, and the feed should be up by next week at the latest. Exciting stuff!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 22, 2010, 03:50:29 PM »
that works

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Re: MYSTERY FUNHOUSE THEATER!!! Now Playing: The Rocketeer
« Reply #298 on: June 23, 2010, 11:22:37 PM »
The Rocketeer
Streaming: Google search: letmewatchthis

Year: 1991
Rating: PG
Length: 108 minutes (1hour 48min)
Starring: Billy Campbell, Jennifer Connelly, Timothy Dalton, Paul Sorvino & Terry O'Quinn
Pilot Bill Campbell stumbles across an experimental Nazi jet-pack that transforms him into a one-man air force and makes him a prime target for spies, FBI agents and Howard Hughes! Hollywood history buffs will get a kick out of the Tinseltown in-jokes (Timothy Dalton's Errol Flynn impersonation, for example), but the high-flying heroics (think of Buck Rogers) will satisfy everyone.

Why are you dressed up in that tin suit? This is the Rocketeer, not Ironman. I think you have the wrong movie premier. You want to go around the corner, look for theater 7, get in line and then wait about 17 years..... yeah, down that ramp and to the right.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: MYSTERY FUNHOUSE THEATER!!! Now Playing: The Rocketeer
« Reply #299 on: June 23, 2010, 11:54:53 PM »
So what won the last poll, anyway?  Last time I saw it, it was a tie between Flintstones Viva Rock Vegas and Seven Samurai.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.