Author Topic: Hive Jump Multiplayer Offline Only On Wii U  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Hive Jump Multiplayer Offline Only On Wii U
« on: March 18, 2016, 05:49:59 AM »

Developer cites strength of Wii U as "party platform"

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/42313/hive-jump-multiplayer-offline-only-on-wii-u

Hive Jump is confirmed for amiibo support, but its multiplayer will be a party event.

The indie game, which is coming to both PC and Wii U, will have online and local play on the PC but only local play on Wii U. In an interview on the Fragoments of Silicon podcast, Matt Raither described the reason as follows: "That's something where we felt the platform certainly is kind of a party platform. We love playing games on Wii U in kind of party mode. So we don't have online in the plans for Wii U, but it will be for PC."

The game will feature the GamePad functioning as an always-on minimap for the action shooter, plus possible off-TV play and confirmed amiibo support. Hive Jump will release on Wii U later this year.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Jump Multiplayer Offline Only On Wii U
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 02:32:08 PM »
Given how I've near-exclusively played multiplayer Helldivers and Diablo 3 on the PS3 locally, the lack of online multiplayer is not much of a disappointment for me. Sorry for those that would have relied on the feature.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 02:47:51 PM »
Given how I've near-exclusively played multiplayer Helldivers and Diablo 3 on the PS3 locally, the lack of online multiplayer is not much of a disappointment for me. Sorry for those that would have relied on the feature.

Clearly this is not good news, but I'm in the same boat as Enner.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 10:41:33 PM »
So it's cool to skip then.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline kokumaker

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 02:51:17 PM »
It's gonna cost them sales. Too many developers, including Nintendo themselves, truly underestimate how much Wii U gamers enjoy playing online.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 08:36:30 PM »
I'm betting that they have more number than we do, and whatever Excel magic they do shows implementing online multiplayer isn't cost-effective.

Of course, that's no excuse to not be disappointed.