Author Topic: Links Crossbow Training  (Read 2964 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Links Crossbow Training
« on: October 27, 2008, 09:40:13 AM »
There's no LCT thread, and you call yourselves gamers? I blame the crappy Zapper. I finally found a copy without that waste of plastic (save the whales) stuck with it and I absolutely bloody love the game. First day I started playing it, got all platinums and now i've got all my scores over 120,000. I'll probably get bored of it soon but it's damn fun for now kicking my own arse on the scoreboard. Are enuogh people here into the game to start a high score comp going?

Anyway, it would be cool if Nintendo could make more stuff like this and put it on WiiWare. Maybe a Wind Waker themed shooter, or just a couple of new levels.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Links Crossbow Training
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 11:10:14 AM »
Thanks for reminding me about this game.  I bought it a while back w/o the crapper for 2 bux and its definitely worth it.  Anyone who doesn't enjoy this game has no soul.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 11:54:18 AM »
Let's have a Duck Hunt thread next!

I played this a bunch with my sister last Christmas. Very fun.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 03:33:38 PM »
I really like LCBT.   But, I'm a fan of combos and going for high scores.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 06:12:09 PM »
I'm guessing im one of the only people that actually enjoys the zapper and dislike the perfect shot. But yeah Link's Crossbow Training is an awesome light gun game I'm hoping there will be more awesome games like HoD and REUC and less abysmal games like Target Terror. Hopefully Namco gets off their lazy asses and makes or ports or remakes their light gun library, seriously the Wii market is the perfect market for that kind of stuff especially their failed attempt with Time Crisis on PS3 and the PS3 guncon has similar tech to the Wii Remote.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 08:06:54 PM »
Is it at all possible to have a two-player simultaneous game like this?

Anyway, I wish whomever owns an arcade game that I *love* called "Carnival King: Big Top Shooter" (or something of the like) would release a Wii/WiiWare version.  That's a fun game.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 08:59:10 PM »

Anyway, I wish whomever owns an arcade game that I *love* called "Carnival King: Big Top Shooter" (or something of the like) would release a Wii/WiiWare version.  That's a fun game.

UB I think you should sell that idea to 2k games I'm sure they need another shovel ware 1 million seller on Wii.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 09:41:28 PM »
I have yet to open Link's Crossbow Training. It's one of my backlogged games which has now fallen further down the list because I, just today, exchanged my unopened copy of Baroque (don't try to figure out why I bought that, just accept that I did but had the sense to get rid of it) for The World Ends With You. Bless Best Buy's return-unopened-anything-for-store-credit-policy.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 12:50:07 AM »

UB I think you should sell that idea to 2k games I'm sure they need another shovel ware 1 million seller on Wii.

I wouldn't call Big Top Shooter "shovelware".  Maybe it's the arcade format (Arcade versions of games are inherently more fun than home versions simply because you're not only going against the game, but you're going against the money you've put into the game, trying to get the most out of your play), but I have actually had a lot of fun at this game when I've found it.  It's a great target shooting game along the lines of Point Blank and LCT... if you like those kinds of games, you'd probably like Big Top Shooter.  I wouldn't pay $50 for it (thus the Wii Ware suggestion), but I'd grab it for $10/download or $20/disc easily.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 12:56:11 AM »
Awesome game, loved the scoring system. It's too bad Nintendo completely gave up on the Zapper after its release, need MOAR first party lightgun games.

More lightgun games in general would be rad.

And those creatures from Ganon are pretty bad.

SEGA let me have sex with you.