Author Topic: E3 2017: REGGIE GOES BIG  (Read 28204 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2017: REGGIE GOES BIG
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2017, 12:11:06 PM »
Just 25 minutes? That seems like a low running time for E3......
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2017, 01:04:29 PM »
I guess it depends on what they use those 25 minutes for.  If it's like the news snippets from the ARMS/Splatoon Nintendo Direct and they use the Treehouse time to flesh out the actual gameplay and features, I think that could be reasonable.

If it's 18 minutes of Mario & Rabbids and trying to cram in a bunch of quick shot announcements at the end, then it'll be BS.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2017, 01:35:19 PM »
My only question about how making it smaller is how they handle the protrusion of the buttons/sticks. Then the system is in the dock, the edge of the those things is like a quarter inch away from the dock.  If they made the system thinner to accommodate this, it might not fit in the dock without an adapter (which I think is something Nintendo might actually do).  The other option would be to make a clamshell design that folds into the dock, but that's a pretty thin device I think.

A bigger device could be bigger without changing thickness.  But then maybe you have a problem with bendability like the iPhone.

Well they sell it primarily as a portable device to replace the 3DS in 2 years...and then they sell an additional Dock for the special portable version.  I don't seem them needing to change the thickness.  I seem them making the screen slightly smaller and using the extra room of the attached controllers into the system to house everything. 

To me it just seems that in 2 years, if the switch is truly successful trying to make a more affordable version that replaces the 3DS as the primary gaming device just seems like a good idea.

I also think a smaller device with attached controllers makes sense.  I'm just not convinced in how similar the design would be.  I think your idea would push the buttons and sticks to the edge of the machine, which could still be comfortable.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2017, 01:46:33 PM »
Well I caught up last night on the general E3 announcements, and then watched the Nintendo Spotlight just now. Really a pretty underwhelming show overall, not a looker among the third parties or Sony/Microsoft that I saw.

Nintendo was okay. Metroid Prime 4 apparently not being developed by Retro, is, uh. The Metroid II remake from Mercury Steam looks like an awful 2D Other M. Yoshi's 2.5D Woolly World looks good, I'm assuming this is Good Feel? Better be. The Rabbids game actually looks pretty good, might be okay! Don't give a **** about eSports, but Nintendo going all in on cross-platform play is obviously a good idea.

That Mario Odyssey trailer fucking rekt though, looks like an all-timer in the making.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2017, 10:58:10 PM »
Here are the titles from the various other conferences that are related to Nintendo:

EA:Fifa 18
Microsoft: Minecraft
Bethesda: Skyrim
Ubisoft: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Ubisoft: Just Dance

Maybe Steep Winter Olympics, maybe Beyond Good and Evil 2

edit: Let me know if I missed anything.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 11:04:25 PM by ShyGuy »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2017, 06:46:11 AM »
Here are the titles from the various other conferences that are related to Nintendo:

EA:Fifa 18
Microsoft: Minecraft
Bethesda: Skyrim
Ubisoft: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Ubisoft: Just Dance

Maybe Steep Winter Olympics, maybe Beyond Good and Evil 2

edit: Let me know if I missed anything.

Starlink.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2017, 03:23:25 PM »
Sorry for the Mashable link, but they interviewed the big man himself. I don't really know what they talked about exactly because there's a lot of commentary, but there are a few good quotes I guess:

http://mashable.com/2017/09/21/nintendo-internet/#uY_OGAJnXSqE

"A hypothetical on one message board gets picked up on another message board as fact," he said. "That is the nature of the state of the industry today. And that's why we do want to manage our messaging so closely."

"We actually sold through almost 2.8 million units, so we dramatically over delivered. And yet, demand outpaces supply," he said. "So what do some of the consumers on Reddit say? 'Gosh, Nintendo, if you would've made more you would've sold more.' Well, we did make more! And certainly we're on a pace to supply in the current fiscal year 10 million units."
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.