Author Topic: Violent Femmes Make Their Rock Band Debut  (Read 2509 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Violent Femmes Make Their Rock Band Debut
« on: April 16, 2010, 05:05:07 AM »
Next week's DLC features a song from the Violent Femmes, Supergrass, and Siouxsie & the Banshees, as well as a three pack from Coheed and Cambria.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=22915

Next week's Rock Band downloadable content, due out for Wii on April 20 for 200 Wii Points a track, features Coheed and Cambria, the Violent Femmes, Supergrass, and Siouxsie & the Banshees.    

The Coheed and Cambria three pack is made up of three songs from their recently released album, Year of the Black Rainbow. The songs include the first song released from the album, "The Broken," and the lead single, "Here We Are Juggernaut."    

The Violent Femmes debut on Rock Band with "American Music," the single off their 1991 album Why Do Birds Sing? Supergrass, who previously had a song on LEGO Rock Band, are represented by "Sun Hits the Sky" off of their 1997 album In It for the Money. Siouxsie & the Banshees round out the week with "Peek-a-boo" from their 1988 album Peep Show. They already have three songs available for download that came out in 2008.    

COHEED AND CAMBRIA THREE PACK PLUS SINGLES FROM SUPERGRASS, THE VIOLENT FEMMES AND SIOUXSIE & THE BANSHEES COME TO ROCK BAND    

Cambridge, Mass. – April 16, 2010 – Harmonix and MTV Games today announced that a three pack of songs from Coheed and Cambria, as well as singles form Supergrass, Siouxsie & The Banshees and The Violent Femmes will be added next week to the Rock Band Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™.    

With more than 400 artists, including Jimi Hendrix, The Who, AC/DC and Green Day, who are exclusive to Rock Band, as well as more than 1,100 songs available through the Rock Band platform and 65 million songs sold through its download store alone, Rock Band is the undisputed sales and content leader in the interactive music space, providing the deepest and best selection of artists, songs and albums.    

Rock Band DLC additions for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii  Rock Band favorites Coheed and Cambria are adding more tracks to the Rock Band Music Store next week with three songs from the bandÂ’s new album, Year of the Black Rainbow – “Guns of Summer,” “Here We Are Juggernaut” and “The Broken.” Year of the Black Rainbow is the fifth studio album from Coheed and Cambria and was released April 13 as a standard album, as well as a deluxe edition, featuring a 352-page novel of the same name, written by the bandÂ’s lead singer, Claudio Sanchez, and New York Times bestselling author Peter David. The band is currently touring the United States during April and May, which includes a performance at this yearÂ’s Coachella festival, during April and May.  Rounding out next weekÂ’s Rock Band Music Store additions are three pop singles. British rockers Siouxsie & The Banshees are upping their Rock Band presence with “Peek-a-Boo” from the bandÂ’s ninth studio album, Peepshow. Britpop outfit Supergrass is adding “Sun Hits the Sky,” the third single from the bandÂ’s second studio album, In It For the Money, and American alternative rockers The Violent Femmes make their Rock Band debut with “American Music” from the bandÂ’s fifth studio album, Why Do Birds Sing?    

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (April 20) and PlayStation 3 system (April 22):    

• Coheed and Cambria – “Guns of Summer” +  
  • Coheed and Cambria – “Here We Are Juggernaut”  
  • Coheed and Cambria – “The Broken” +  
  • Siouxsie & The Banshees – “Peek-a-Boo”  
  • Supergrass – “Sun Hits the Sky” +  
  • The Violent Femmes – “American Music”  
 (All tracks are original master recordings)    

These tracks will be available for purchase as "Coheed and Cambria Pack 01," as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Tracks marked with "+" are also available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.    

Price:               $1.99 USD, ÂŁ.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track                          $5.49, ÂŁ2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for "Coheed and Cambria Pack 01"                          $2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track  ** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **    

Website Links:    

For more information, please visit:    

Rock Band Website    

Coheed and Cambria Website    

Supergrass Website    

The Violent Femmes Website    

Rock Band 2 is available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Wii system. Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii versions support downloadable content.    

Downloadable content for Wii is purchased via the in-game Rock Band Music Storeusing Wii Points™ purchased through the Wii™ Shop Channel and can be downloaded to the system memory or to an SD card for additional storage.  The tracks stream directly from the SD card for seamless play.    

With these additions, there are now 1,160 tracks available to date via disc and download purchase (complete list of tracks at www.rockband.com/music). Rock Band continues to satisfy music fansÂ’ and gamers' voracious appetite for rock with more than 65 million paid downloads since its launch Nov. 20, 2007.  The Rock Band Music Store allows players to preview and purchase downloadable individual music tracks and packs from the vast selection of offerings available to date without ever leaving the game as they build their own custom Rock Band Library.    

Rock Band and Rock Band 2 are rated "T" for Teen (lyrics, suggestive themes) by the ESRB. Music downloads are not rated by the ESRB.    

For more information on Rock Band 2 and Harmonix Music Systems please visit www.rockband.com  and www.harmonixmusic.com.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Re: Violent Femmes Make Their Rock Band Debut
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 01:16:57 PM »
Can I put in something like... this is American Music, take 1.

1, 2, 3, 4...

Do you like American Music?
I like American Music...

</forumkaraoke>

I wish this song would hit guitar hero.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 01:40:39 PM »
Blah, what about "Blister in the Sun"?

I was lucky to see the Femmes at Red Rocks just a few weeks before they broke up (over "Blister" songwriting rights, actually).
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 02:49:42 PM »
Bands break up for silly reasons.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 03:27:49 PM »
Lame, I didn't realize they broke up.  And apparently, after reading the wikipedia article, we can blame the obesity of America on it too.

Jamie Oliver's food revolution didn't come soon enough.

Regardless, =P I'm ecstatic that the song released is NOT Blister in the Sun.  Though, Country Death Song or Kiss Off would have been even better decisions in my opinion.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 03:32:26 PM »
I hope we see more Supergrass in the future. They should just put up the whole album of Diamond Hoo Ha.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 07:56:22 PM »
Regardless, =P I'm ecstatic that the song released is NOT Blister in the Sun.  Though, Country Death Song or Kiss Off would have been even better decisions in my opinion.

But what about "Gimme the Car"?
:)
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 09:15:53 PM »

But what about "Gimme the Car"?
:)

It's a good song about date-rape. What about it? :P

Kiss-off would've been AWESOME, so would Add It Up actually.. oh well.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.