Author Topic: Dark Souls Remastered Launches On Switch October 19  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Dark Souls Remastered Launches On Switch October 19
« on: August 14, 2018, 03:20:28 AM »

The online test is also coming.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/48015/dark-souls-remastered-launches-on-switch-october-19

Dark Souls will miss the summer after all, but only slightly.

Bandai Namco have confirmed the remastered version of the classic RPG will launch on Switch on October 19. The Solaire Amiibo will also come out on the same day.

Originally slated to release in May, the Switch version was initially held to "summer" due to performance concerns.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Remastered Launches On Switch October 19
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 04:10:51 PM »
Don't winterize your air conditioner too early, looks like we are going to have a Namco summer 😑

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 12:33:06 PM »
Nice of them to announce the Dark Souls Trilogy bundle for other platforms right before this is released. I haven't seen this level of sabatoge since EA did the exact same thing with Mass Effect on the Wii U.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 11:36:14 PM »
Nice of them to announce the Dark Souls Trilogy bundle for other platforms right before this is released. I haven't seen this level of sabatoge since EA did the exact same thing with Mass Effect on the Wii U.

Except From is at least throwing us a bone and giving us the first game of the trilogy. While I understand the frustration I do believe devs treat the Switch audience and the PS/XB audience differently and they believe there's no overlap in terms of who is going to buy each (or both) products. Also porting to the Switch is bigger overhaul than the other two machines.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 12:48:29 PM »
Aren't 2 and 3 already on the PS4 and Xbone anyway? Sticking them into one collection is easy there since the games already exist on those platforms. Porting them to Switch would be a lot of work.

I wouldn't say this is quite the same as the Mass Effect shenanigans back on Wii U, especially since this is the first game and not the third. Plus, ME 3 launched at $60 which was the same price of the trilogy. The Dark Souls Trilogy is going to launch at $80 while the Switch Dark Souls 1 is $40. I don't think it's a big deal in this case.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 09:23:37 PM »
They somehow decided to release both on the same day, 10/19/2018. "Hey GameStop shopper, which is the better value?" It's bogus I tell ya!