Author Topic: Future Mafia Games  (Read 413488 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Future Mafia Games
« Reply #375 on: March 22, 2010, 09:13:03 AM »
Stratos I haven't co-hosted a game or have locked any games other than my own.

Unclebob there was 2 Mafia in the game. Also lots of interesting roles. If you get a chance read up on it.:)
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 22, 2010, 10:30:11 AM »
For this one to be effective, I'm looking at needing to start with about 25 players.  What are the odds of that happening?
[/quote]

You'll be lucky to get 15 people.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 22, 2010, 03:10:34 PM »
You'll be lucky to get 15 people.

I'll ban anyone who doesn't sign up. :)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 22, 2010, 07:38:41 PM »
What is with the sudden rush of everyone signing up to host? I had planned to ask if I could have a spot on the list once this game was finished, but now I just look like a copycat. Oh well, I'd still like to host a game sometime, if possible. It doesn't matter to me which spot I get, whatever everyone else doesn't want would be fine.

Maybe next time I do a Mario Party game (and I'd love to) Mop it up might like to be an actual co-host of sorts instead of just giving me ideas and brainstorming with me before hand.
Well, here's an idea: How about you use your next hosted game to do whichever one of your Eternal Darkness or TWEWY games that you wanted, and we'll use my spot to dual-host another Mario Party game? Though I would want to come up with some idea that would make use of the two hosts, and I'm not sure what that could be. But I guess we have a lot of time to think about it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 23, 2010, 04:10:05 AM »
That was what I was thinking. This time will be one of my own ideas. And depending on how complicated the games before it are I may make it a rather simple game. One where we could try to draw in other people how don't normally play these games.

I wish we had more people who signed up.

Mop it up, what do you mean by a rush of people? The names on the list were already signed up for spots and the only new Hosts I see are Vudu and myself along with you. Isn't there usually a rush to grab spots when Khush opens up new slots?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:35:13 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #380 on: March 23, 2010, 05:39:11 AM »
Well Stratos the slots have been open up to 50 since Mafia 42 was over. I guess people played this game and had the insperation of hosting their own games.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 23, 2010, 05:41:31 AM »
But it still doesn't look like a 'rush' to me. Only three people have asked to host that I see. Myself, Vudu and Mop it up.
My Game Collection

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 23, 2010, 05:43:48 AM »
But it still doesn't look like a 'rush' to me. Only three people have asked to host that I see. Myself, Vudu and Mop it up.

Ahem, and muah.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 23, 2010, 05:48:18 AM »
I see, I missed a group of posts on the last page.

So myself, Dasmos, GP, Mop it up, vudu and stevey?
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #384 on: March 23, 2010, 05:50:37 AM »
Vudu was commenting on Unclebob's statement that he need 25 for his game to work well. 25 was my number for my game to have all the roles that I had planned. 30 people I would of had 2 roles that everybody would choose one of those 2 roles. Unfortunatly I think I got 17 or 18. So the game needs to center around sign up numbers not how many you have planned for.

Dasmos commented after my game that he wanted to do a Looney Toons theme.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 23, 2010, 09:47:44 AM »
Na, I want to do a Loony Tunes game. I don't know what the Loony Toons are?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 23, 2010, 05:23:28 PM »
I think the max was 35 people way back in Mafia 10. F-Zero Mafia.

Typically the average is 25 but lately that hasn't been happening. I wonder why?

Mafia burnout? I know I haven't been able to devote the necessary sort of time to mafia lately...
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 23, 2010, 05:37:51 PM »
I think the max was 35 people way back in Mafia 10. F-Zero Mafia.

Typically the average is 25 but lately that hasn't been happening. I wonder why?

Mafia burnout? I know I haven't been able to devote the necessary sort of time to mafia lately...

I think you are right
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #388 on: March 23, 2010, 05:43:08 PM »
Maybe we can do these every 2 or 3 months?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 23, 2010, 05:50:44 PM »
Part of it's burnout but another big part is we're losing forum members to play with.  This happens every console cycle--new members join when a new console is announced/released and then slowly start to fade away after a couple years.  When we started playing in 2006 the Revolution had been announced and membership was up.  Mafia X took playing in September 2006, two months before the launch of the Wii, it's not surprising that game had the most players.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: March 23, 2010, 06:45:30 PM »
Mop it up, what do you mean by a rush of people?
The slots have been available for some time now, so why did everyone wait until now? It's like they knew I was going to ask for one and are trying to steal it from me!

Mafia X took playing in September 2006, two months before the launch of the Wii, it's not surprising that game had the most players.
So you're saying that when the 3DS is released, we'll have larger games again?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 23, 2010, 10:48:02 PM »
Well personally, I don't think 25 is out of the question. The last time Unclebob hosted there was a huge bump in sign-ups compared to the games before and after. There are many factors for every game. But I do agree that regular decline is a factor. So many people who wer around for the first 20 games are gone now or hardly have time to post and play. Pyropizm, Wandering, Zach, Bill. They all hosted games in the first 11 games played and seem to be gone. Zach will turn up on occasion but hasn't played for the longest time. Pale basically said he was burnt out on it for awhile, I thought S-U-P-E-R was done until last game. When you consider that, it's not surprising there is less turnout each time.

I'll be curious to see what happens with Thatguy and myself's co-hosted mafia game. With both of us out of the picture, will that result in a larger crowd? As well, this is going to be a special prize mafia game. I don't want to overshadow Unclebob's game or give to much away so I'll leave it at that for now but I'm looking forward to it. And I'll say, this is the most excited I've been to host a game in a long time. I admitted before in Stratos sign-up thread that lately, I've been leaving things to the last minute and I've been making twists and adding things to the games more to amuse myself then the players at times. Just trying new things out and seeing what new stuff can be done. While our game will have a couple new things to it, for the most part, I want to keep it as uncomplicated as possible so that perhaps other new people could jump on board. That was part of what made Mafio-X so big was a large number of new players.

Anyways, I best not think about that game yet because I want to want to spill so many details on it and get it going so I'm going to keep out of my mind and wait for Unclebob's game to launch.

Speaking of which, I'm going to guess Freakazoid as his theme. I meant to guess that earlier but better late than never.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 24, 2010, 12:05:39 AM »
With the talk of Mafia burn out, I'm left wondering - how long should I wait to start my game?

Three things - First, it's going to be Power Rangers theme.  No real knowledge of the Power Rangers will be required though.

Second, there's going to be a super awesome role where, after sign ups, before roles are handed out, everyone signed up will get to nominate/vote for one of the players.  This player will be a pretty powerful player on the team of the Good Guys and will have quite a bit of influence on the game.  So, be thinking about who you want to nominate for this role.  If you're one of the good guys, this is someone you'll want on your side.  If you're one of the bad guys, this will be someone you don't want to find yourself against.  But, of course, you won't know if you're one of the bad guys until after this person gets their spot. Mu-hahahahaha.

Third - this will be a SUPER PRIZE MAFIA.  Basically, there will be three teams.  The winning team will be eligible for prizes.  A total of 4,000 Nintendo Points (Note, I said Nintendo Points - I will be purchasing two points cards - these can be redeemed however you wish - I won't just be gifting Pepsi-point prizes - so I'm planning on spending $40 out of pocket for you folks!)  will go to the winning team (details on how those points will be split amongst the team will be announced in the rules & roles thread).

It will be a great game, if we have enough people.  Virtually everyone will have a chance to win - While the game will start out with ordinary townies, by the end of the game, everyone will likely either have a role or be dead.

And, special note, I have no plans to kill off someone before the game starts.  Vudu whined too much about that last time. ;)  Even though I wasn't the one who killed him.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 24, 2010, 12:55:55 AM »
Heh. I was just thinking about Vudu's death in your last game. While it would suck to go out like that, I did like the twist of how Vudu had a chance to come back at the very and maybe get revenge on everybody by denying those surviving the prize. I liked the twist.

As for burn-out, most of the people we've been talking about aren't going to make much difference this game. I think you'll be able to count on most from this game coming back for a return tour of duty. The question is, will we get much response from the casual mafia players?

I wouldn't care if sign-ups started tonight and the game began next week but it might be best to wait until this Sat. or Sun and then post sign-ups and have them run the week. and get the game going in about two weeks basically.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 24, 2010, 03:52:03 AM »
Were you going to assign places for the mafia hosts? I'll choose 47 if that's OK with you.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 24, 2010, 02:02:28 PM »
Were you going to assign places for the mafia hosts? I'll choose 47 if that's OK with you.

Sure. No one is choosing spots, they are just mention times so that is why I've been leaving it blank at the moment. 47 is yours.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 02:09:17 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 24, 2010, 02:19:57 PM »
Extra post count Maxi style.

So, with Stratos taking that spot, I've tried to then calaculate times and fit everyone else in. Hopefully, this works. Feel free to complain about it. And it looks like all spots are now filled for awhile.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 24, 2010, 06:04:18 PM »
I'd wait until April to do anything. Maybe a week into April post sign-ups?
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 25, 2010, 12:15:06 AM »
There are going to be three games before your spot comes up. I highly doubt all three will be finished before the first week of April...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 25, 2010, 03:27:28 AM »
I meant that Unclebob should wait to post sign ups for his game after the first week of April.
My Game Collection